Windows 10: when i tried to install the wsl and ubuntu on my windows, after rebooting which is mandate,...

Discus and support when i tried to install the wsl and ubuntu on my windows, after rebooting which is mandate,... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; enabled all the required options in the "Turn Windows feature on or off"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kushal Kumar2, Jun 16, 2024.

1. when i tried to install the wsl and ubuntu on my windows, after rebooting which is mandate,...

enabled all the required options in the "Turn Windows feature on or off"

:)

Kushal Kumar2, Jun 16, 2024

2. Couldn't install Ubuntu 18.04 on WSL

Just tried it. Still the same.

Uninstalled Ubuntu 16,

Turned off the WSL feature,

Restarted comptuer

Turned on the WSL feature

Tried installing Ubuntu 18.

vikneshdbz, Jun 16, 2024
  3. WSL 2 - Can't install Ubuntu 22.04 - Can't use any Ubuntu with WSL 2

Hi! I did a clean install of Win 11 Pro yesterday. I did Windows update and I'm current.

I tried to use WSL and install Ubuntu 22.04 with the new GUI. (I'm a developer and this is the reason I went to Windows 11!)

When I install from the store it dies while unpacking with a message to run wsl --shutdown and wsl --unregister <Distro name>.

No distros are registered at the time. After googling I set my default version of WSL to 1 and opened the MS Store Ubuntu 22.04 again. It installed and I set up my user and password. The I tried to set the version to 2 as stated in the google results. Error.

wsl --set-version Ubuntu-22.04 2

For information on key differences with WSL 2 please visit https://aka.ms/wsl2

Conversion in progress, this may take a few minutes.

A virtual disk support provider for the specified file was not found.

I can't find any help on this.

I tried to install Ubuntu 16.04 and got this:

Installing, this may take a few minutes...

WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0xc03a0014

Error: 0xc03a0014 A virtual disk support provider for the specified file was not found.

Press any key to continue...

Nothing anywhere on that error. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ray

Ray in Tampa, Jun 16, 2024
  4. when i tried to install the wsl and ubuntu on my windows, after rebooting which is mandate,...

Error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.

Getting error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.

when i tried to install the wsl and ubuntu on my windows, after rebooting which is mandate,... 2919454b-06d0-4c7b-bbc2-d87ccc4b45f3?upload=true.png

I have installed this by command-> wsl --install -d Ubuntu-20.04

sonalmathur, Jun 16, 2024
Thema:

when i tried to install the wsl and ubuntu on my windows, after rebooting which is mandate,...

1. when i tried to install the wsl and ubuntu on my windows, after rebooting which is mandate,... - Similar Threads - tried install wsl

2. Install Ubuntu on WSL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install Ubuntu on WSL: Hi, I am trying to install Unbuntu via WSL. I have installed Windows Subsytem for Linux. When I run "wsl --list --online" this i what I get: "The following is a list of valid distributions that can be installed. Install using 'wsl --install -d <Distro>'. NAME FRIENDLY NAME...
  3. Install Ubuntu on WSL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install Ubuntu on WSL: Hi, I am trying to install Unbuntu via WSL. I have installed Windows Subsytem for Linux. When I run "wsl --list --online" this i what I get: "The following is a list of valid distributions that can be installed. Install using 'wsl --install -d <Distro>'. NAME FRIENDLY NAME...
  4. when i tried to install the wsl and ubuntu on my windows, after rebooting which is mandate,...

when i tried to install the wsl and ubuntu on my windows, after rebooting which is mandate,...: enabled all the required options in the "Turn Windows feature on or off" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-tried-to-install-the-wsl-and-ubuntu-on-my/61483b4f-85b9-4f22-8521-4805ebe8d129
  5. Wsl Not installing ubuntu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wsl Not installing ubuntu: one year ago i installed ubuntu and deleted is now i needed to install ubuntu wsl is not installing I have tried all the methods and deleted and reinstalled it many time but nothing happen I have reinstalled windows in new partition and tried to get wsl files and ext4.vdhx...
  6. Wsl Not installing ubuntu

Wsl Not installing ubuntu: one year ago i installed ubuntu and deleted is now i needed to install ubuntu wsl is not installing I have tried all the methods and deleted and reinstalled it many time but nothing happen I have reinstalled windows in new partition and tried to get wsl files and ext4.vdhx...
  7. Error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.: Getting error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.I have installed this by command-> wsl --install -d Ubuntu-20.04 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-on-installing-wsl-with-ubuntu/d0dc0832-03be-47c3-838d-f19aa97ebbdf
  8. Error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.

Error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.: Getting error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.I have installed this by command-> wsl --install -d Ubuntu-20.04 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-on-installing-wsl-with-ubuntu/d0dc0832-03be-47c3-838d-f19aa97ebbdf
  9. Error on installing wsl with Ubuntu.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. WSL/Ubuntu Install on Citrix VDI

WSL/Ubuntu Install on Citrix VDI: Hi, We're looking to install WSL and Ubuntu on our VDIs and I'm running into issues. I was wanting to check if anyone has successfully got this working? Our environment:AppLayering with PVS.The layers have internet access but the VDIs don't.FSLogix is used for profile...