Windows 10: when i try open a folder or open to file location it goes to quick access

Discus and support when i try open a folder or open to file location it goes to quick access in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been having this problem for a few days now but ive searched it up and theres nothing i tried on my other account on the same computer and its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lennon Hayward-Smith, Aug 10, 2022.

1. when i try open a folder or open to file location it goes to quick access

I have been having this problem for a few days now but ive searched it up and theres nothing i tried on my other account on the same computer and its fine whats wrong

:)

Lennon Hayward-Smith, Aug 10, 2022

2. Documents folder disappearing from quick access menu in Windows 10

Hello Rachel,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

Along with the suggestion by KeithM-60601, I suggest you to try the below steps and let us know the status of the issue.

• Press Windows + E keys on the keyboard to open
      File explorer and select This PC from the left side panel of the window.

• Open the file/folder you want to pin to Quick access.

• Right click on Quick access located on the left side panel of the window.

• Check if the file/folder is pinned to Quick access.

Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 10, 2022
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Quick Access Crashes Explorer

Hi Bill,

Quick Access is a new feature in Windows 10 File Explorer navigation pane which helps users quickly navigate to locations which are frequently used. However, if you're having issues with Quick Access, you can try to disable and enable it. To disable Quick
    Access, follow these steps:

• Type File Explorer Option in the search box.
    • Click on File Explorer Options.
    • Under General tab, choose This PC in the Open File Explorer to: drop down menu.
    • Uncheck Show recently used files in Quick access and
      Show frequently use folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply an OK.
    • Restart the computer and re-enable Quick access.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Aug 10, 2022
  4. when i try open a folder or open to file location it goes to quick access

Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Aug 10, 2022
Thema:

when i try open a folder or open to file location it goes to quick access

1. when i try open a folder or open to file location it goes to quick access - Similar Threads - try open folder

2. when i try to open my files, it just opens the quick access window again. how do i fix this?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    when i try to open my files, it just opens the quick access window again. how do i fix this?: i've been trying to open my recycle bin because i accidentally deleted something important but when i click on the recycle bin icon, it only opens the quick access menu. i tried clicking on folders inside my files as well but that also only opens the quick access menu. how...
  3. when i try to open my files, it just opens the quick access window again. how do i fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i try to open my files, it just opens the quick access window again. how do i fix this?: i've been trying to open my recycle bin because i accidentally deleted something important but when i click on the recycle bin icon, it only opens the quick access menu. i tried clicking on folders inside my files as well but that also only opens the quick access menu. how...
  4. when i try open a folder or open to file location it goes to quick access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i try open a folder or open to file location it goes to quick access: I have been having this problem for a few days now but ive searched it up and theres nothing i tried on my other account on the same computer and its fine whats wrong...
  5. when i try open a folder or open to file location it goes to quick access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when i try open a folder or open to file location it goes to quick access: I have been having this problem for a few days now but ive searched it up and theres nothing i tried on my other account on the same computer and its fine whats wrong...
  6. Can't open specific folder instead quick access open.

Can't open specific folder instead quick access open.: Whenever I tried to open drive c or drive d or folder in the specific drive, it is not open and only the quick access folder is open. How can I fix this problem?...
  7. Can't open specific folder instead quick access open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open specific folder instead quick access open.: Whenever I tried to open drive c or drive d or folder in the specific drive, it is not open and only the quick access folder is open. How can I fix this problem?...
  8. Can't open specific folder instead quick access open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. How to open a quick access folder in it's original location

How to open a quick access folder in it's original location: Hi,I have several folders pinned to quick access. Many of the folders are 6+ levels deep in a corporate filing structure.I would like to be able to quickly open any folder pinned to quick access in the format that shows that folder with the triangle expand/collapse arrows. Is...
  10. Download folder not opening in Quick Access

Download folder not opening in Quick Access: Hello guys, My pc was working just fine until today, when I tried to open the Download folder from Quick Access. The whole File Explorer froze, and it wouldn't let me do anything. I eventually killed it with Task Manager, and tried to reopen it, but it didn't work too. I...