Windows 10: When I try to access other computers on my network it asks for a password, and I have no...

Discus and support When I try to access other computers on my network it asks for a password, and I have no... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have tried every password I can think of, including the password for my wireless router, and it doesn't accept any of them. There is no way I can see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SherryAl-Mufti1, Feb 23, 2021.

1. When I try to access other computers on my network it asks for a password, and I have no...

I have tried every password I can think of, including the password for my wireless router, and it doesn't accept any of them. There is no way I can see to change the password. So, how do I access the data on different computers in my network.

:)

SherryAl-Mufti1, Feb 23, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Asking for Network Credentials when trying to access computer on the network

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are being asked for credentials when trying to access computers on the network. I’ll certainly help you with the issue.

Ideally, when you are asked for credentials, you will need to enter the username and password of the computer which you are trying to access. If you are on a secured network, you can turn off password protected sharing under Network and sharing options
    and you will not be prompted for a password.

If you are unable to access the computer by entering the username and password of the computer, one of thing that I can suggest you is to try entering the Device name and password when you receive the prompt. To check for the Device name, go to
    Start >> Settings >> System >> About.

If that doesn’t work, try the steps mentioned below:

1. On the computer for which you are being asked for password, type
      command prompt in the search bar on the Taskbar.
    2. Right click on the command prompt icon, and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Now, type whoami and hit
      Enter
    You will get the name of the device, try using the name as the username and use the computer password.

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 23, 2021
  3. taward Win User
    One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Feb 23, 2021
  4. When I try to access other computers on my network it asks for a password, and I have no...

Unable to access computers connected in Peer-to-peer connection, asking for network credentials to enter on Windows 10

Hi Roger,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are unable to access the connected computer on Peer-to Peer connection, we will help you with this issue.

Step 1: Make sure that Password Protected Sharing is turned off
    on your computer and check if it helps.

Steps to follow:

• OpenControl Panel window

• Select Network and Sharing Center

• Select Advanced sharing settings

• Under Password Protected Sharing, check mark
      Turn off Password Protected Sharing

Step 2: I suggest you to disable firewall and anti-virus installed on your computer and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

When I try to access other computers on my network it asks for a password, and I have no...

1. When I try to access other computers on my network it asks for a password, and I have no... - Similar Threads - try access computers

2. What is the password my computer is asking me for when I try to revert windows. It's not my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the password my computer is asking me for when I try to revert windows. It's not my...: I got bluescreened and it says windows isn't loading properly. I'm trying to revert last windows update and it's asking me for my password. Already tried my Microsoft password, and it says incorrect. I validated and it is my correct Microsoft password. Like the question says...
  3. What is the password my computer is asking me for when I try to revert windows. It's not my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the password my computer is asking me for when I try to revert windows. It's not my...: I got bluescreened and it says windows isn't loading properly. I'm trying to revert last windows update and it's asking me for my password. Already tried my Microsoft password, and it says incorrect. I validated and it is my correct Microsoft password. Like the question says...
  4. What is the password my computer is asking me for when I try to revert windows. It's not my...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I am trying to connect to my other computers in my network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to connect to my other computers in my network: I have 4 computers that sheering the same network. 1 Burnserver 2 Klaptop 3 Theburn-pc9, 4 Elains-KitchenI have gone through all the settings, in all the computers.Features: SMB all three option are checkedI have turned off: Internet protocol Version 6Advanced sharing...
  6. I am trying to connect to my other computers in my network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am trying to connect to my other computers in my network: I have 4 computers that sheering the same network. 1 Burnserver 2 Klaptop 3 Theburn-pc9, 4 Elains-KitchenI have gone through all the settings, in all the computers.Features: SMB all three option are checkedI have turned off: Internet protocol Version 6Advanced sharing...
  7. I am trying to connect to my other computers in my network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. I am trying to connect to my other computers in my network

I am trying to connect to my other computers in my network: I had Microsoft windows crashed about three weeks ago.Since then, I am trying to rebuild my computer.I have increased my C: drive size from 250 MB SSD 2 TB SSD drive.Installed fresh windows 10 Pro.I am trying to connect to my other computers in my network but when I go to...
  9. Asking for Network Credentials when trying to access computer on the network

Asking for Network Credentials when trying to access computer on the network: I know have all of my computers on Windows 10. When I had only one on Windows 10 I could share all of the computers and their files including the Windows 10 one. Now I can only share printers. I can see all of the computer under Network but when I press on one of the other...
  10. Windows 10 asks for network credentials to access other computers on network

Windows 10 asks for network credentials to access other computers on network: Why does MS make it a constant struggle to access other computers on a homegroup. Every time there is an update for windows 10 I have to reestablish my homegroup on all of my home network computers to share or copy files. Frankly it is a royal pain. Thanks Joe...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. HOW TO ACCESS COMPUTER ON NETWORK THAT DOESNT HAVE A PASSWORD