Windows 10: When I try to add a new machine to our domain "The following error occurred attempting to...

Discus and support When I try to add a new machine to our domain "The following error occurred attempting to... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Here i listed the error log is from 'C:\Windows\debug\NetSetup.txt document'11/29/2022 14:28:13:244... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Unni_602, Nov 29, 2022.

1. Unni_602 Win User

When I try to add a new machine to our domain "The following error occurred attempting to...

Here i listed the error log is from 'C:\Windows\debug\NetSetup.txt document'11/29/2022 14:28:13:244 ----------------------------------------------------------------- 11/29/2022 14:28:13:244 NetpValidateName: checking to see if 'VBUOCLM03' is valid as type 1 name 11/29/2022 14:28:13:244 NetpCheckNetBiosNameNotInUse for 'VBUOCLM03' [MACHINE] returned 0x0 11/29/2022 14:28:13:244 NetpValidateName: name 'VBUOCLM03' is valid for type 1 11/29/2022 14:28:13:276 ----------------------------------------------------------------- 11/29/2022 14:28:13:276 NetpValidateName: checking to see if 'VBUOCLM03' is

:)

Unni_602, Nov 29, 2022
  2. DheJhe Win User

The following error occured attempting to join the domain {}

I have a problem At the time will join domain in windows 10 or windows server 2016 but the error appears as follows:

The following error occured attempting to join the domain {}.

I've done: Reinstall windows 10 and sysprep , but still can not if there is another way ...?

DheJhe, Nov 29, 2022
  3. bdanmo Win User
    UnattendedJoin error: failed to find the domain data (0x6e)

Thanks for the suggestion! I don't want to add a domain account, as this is a generic unattended install that will be used for all company machines. Do you think it's possible that the computer would join the domain if, instead of using UnattendedJoin in specialize, I used your steps but left out the specific account?

The other thing I was thinking was to use a generic account to allow the domain join during the specialize step. I added a machine password in the UnattendedJoin component, and instead of getting the error listed above, I got an authentication error, which makes me think I could probably do a secure join instead of the unsecure join.

Thoughts?

bdanmo, Nov 29, 2022
  4. jackin Win User

When I try to add a new machine to our domain "The following error occurred attempting to...

How to fix The following error occurred attempting to rename the computer to

I have domain account was trying to help a user rename computer and got below msg.

I believe it is due to not having proper permissions why I got this error. Just wants to double-check if that indeed is the case here with expert folks here.

---------------------------

Computer Name/Domain Changes

The following error occurred attempting to rename the computer to "SUPERMAN":

Access is denied.

OK

Please enlighten!

jackin, Nov 29, 2022
Thema:

1. When I try to add a new machine to our domain "The following error occurred attempting to... - Similar Threads - try add machine

2. Error when I tried to add a network location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error when I tried to add a network location: Hi,I´ve been trying to add a network location and windows don´t allow me to do it, I´ve received below message"The folder you entered does not appear to be valid. Please choose another."Other people can add and access to the same network location without issues...
  3. Microsoft store- An error occurred at our end.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store- An error occurred at our end.: I just got my PC a day ago and I installed all the system updates. I tried to download a couple of apps from Microsoft store and it's not allowing me to do so and it keeps showing me "an error occurred at our end". I tried all the recommended troubleshooting steps on every...
  4. Microsoft store- An error occurred at our end.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store- An error occurred at our end.: I just got my PC a day ago and I installed all the system updates. I tried to download a couple of apps from Microsoft store and it's not allowing me to do so and it keeps showing me "an error occurred at our end". I tried all the recommended troubleshooting steps on every...
  5. When I try to add a new machine to our domain "The following error occurred attempting to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I try to add a new machine to our domain "The following error occurred attempting to...: Here i listed the error log is from 'C:\Windows\debug\NetSetup.txt document'11/29/2022 14:28:13:244 ----------------------------------------------------------------- 11/29/2022 14:28:13:244 NetpValidateName: checking to see if 'VBUOCLM03' is valid as type 1 name 11/29/2022...
  6. An error occurred while trying to configure this machine as a Domain Controller

in Windows 10 News
    An error occurred while trying to configure this machine as a Domain Controller: [ATTACH]The error message An error occurred while trying to configure this machine as a Domain Controller is most likely to occur when trying to promote your machine as a domain controller. In this post, we will offer the most suitable solution to this issue. An error...
  7. Error when I attempt to "Add clocks for different time zones".

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error when I attempt to "Add clocks for different time zones".: When I click on the setting option to add clocks for different time zones I get the following error. C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item. Since I am...
  8. How to fix The following error occurred attempting to rename the computer to

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to fix The following error occurred attempting to rename the computer to: I have domain account was trying to help a user rename computer and got below msg. I believe it is due to not having proper permissions why I got this error. Just wants to double-check if that indeed is the case here with expert folks here. ---------------------------...
  9. A fatal error occurred while trying to sysprep the machine

in Windows 10 News
    A fatal error occurred while trying to sysprep the machine: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When a user is running Windows on a Virtual Machine, there are various types of errors that can occur. The operating system understands the difference in booting up on a standalone computer or a Virtual Machine. Hence, some specific drivers [...] This post A...
  10. The following error occured attempting to join the domain {}

in Windows 10 Customization
    The following error occured attempting to join the domain {}: I have a problem At the time will join domain in windows 10 or windows server 2016 but the error appears as follows: The following error occured attempting to join the domain {}. I've done: Reinstall windows 10 and sysprep , but still can not if there is another way ...?...