Windows 10: When I try to add an exclusion for a file in Windows Security, the exclusion doesn't show...

Discus and support When I try to add an exclusion for a file in Windows Security, the exclusion doesn't show... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was trying to exclude a file from Windows Defender Antivirus scans and pressed add an exclusion but nothing showed up when I clicked Open on the file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by chriskim0127, Jan 2, 2021.

1. When I try to add an exclusion for a file in Windows Security, the exclusion doesn't show...

I was trying to exclude a file from Windows Defender Antivirus scans and pressed add an exclusion but nothing showed up when I clicked Open on the file and clicked Yes when Windows asked me "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?"

When I try to add an exclusion for a file in Windows Security, the exclusion doesn't show... 91116a06-e160-4e60-ad26-2178f808bec0?upload=true.png

:)

chriskim0127, Jan 2, 2021

2. Unable to add exclusion in Windows Security

Hello Paul.

Windows Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.836)

Controlled Folder Access is off.

Following your suggestion, Windows Security allowed me to add the folder as an exclusion, and I was then able to also add the file in question as an exclusion.

However, despite the file being listed under "Exclusions" it is still being deleted every time I copy it to the program's directory without any warnings or messages.

MikeGrant65, Jan 2, 2021
  3. Karsten Nedergaard Rasmussen, Jan 2, 2021
  4. When I try to add an exclusion for a file in Windows Security, the exclusion doesn't show...

Exclusions

An exclusion is a way to keep (deny) certain files and/or folders from being scanned by your anti-virus or anti-malware scanner. This is typically accomplished by changing settings...adding a file or folder to the software's exclusion
    list so the scanning engine will ignore it. Reasons for excluding a file are to prevent potential conflicts with your anti-virus, eliminate

false positive
    detection's of a legitimate file and to speed up the scanning process.

quietman7 - MVP, Jan 2, 2021
Thema:

When I try to add an exclusion for a file in Windows Security, the exclusion doesn't show...

1. When I try to add an exclusion for a file in Windows Security, the exclusion doesn't show... - Similar Threads - try add exclusion

2. How do I add exclusions?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I add exclusions?: I'm trying to add an exclusion for LOOT https://loot.github.io/ in order for it to work properly.https://www.howtogeek.com/671233/how-to-add-exclusions-in-windows-defender-on-windows-10/So I go to Windows Security, then I go to Virus & threat protection, and I am supposed to...
  3. add an exclusion in Windows Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    add an exclusion in Windows Security: For some reason the "Add an exclusion" in Windows Security has stopped working. I cannot add an exclusion. When I select a folder to exclude it does not show in Exclusions and all the previous exclusions have disappeared....
  4. Windows Security exclusions list

Windows Security exclusions list: After getting message saying Administrator blocked the execution of a file deemed unsafe, i.e. "D:\setup.exe", which came with my 8 year old Samsung multifunction printer, I added it to the Windows Security exclusions list and ran again. Unfortunately, I get the same...
  5. I can't add an Exclusion in Windows Defender

I can't add an Exclusion in Windows Defender: I'm trying to add an exclusion in windows defender but it always shows empty, no matter what I do. It never add the exclusions OS: Windows 10 May 2020 [ATTACH]...
  6. Windows Defender - I can't add exclusions

Windows Defender - I can't add exclusions: Hello!, When I add an exclusion in WD, the list of the added exclusions does not appear. Does it happen to someone else? Windows 10 Pro (2004) (19041.572), fully updated. Regards. 167114
  7. I need to add an virus exclusion.

I need to add an virus exclusion.: I need to add an virus exclusion. I asked the help robot where I add that. The genius told me that I should add an exclusion, but she gave me no clue as to where to add it. Where do I enter a virus exclusion. Is that added in Windows or McAfee...
  8. Unable to add exclusion in Windows Security

Unable to add exclusion in Windows Security: I am trying to exclude a file from being incorrectly quarantined by Windows Security. It is a definite false positive, it is an application I have been using since Windows 7, and has recently been quarantined by Windows Security. I go through the following route: Windows...
  9. Add Exclusions

Add Exclusions: I am in windows security, Virus & threat protection. According to windows it should have an option to manage settings(but it doesn't) then under Exclusions there is suppose to be an option to add or remove exclusions(but there's not. Need help please....
  10. Windows Security, Add an exclusion, Process

Windows Security, Add an exclusion, Process: Hi Regarding Windows Security, defender antivirus scanner. It is possible to exclude a process name from the antivirus scans. Question: 1) That is the difference in added a file exclusion (e.g. c:\path\program.exe) and a process exclusion (e.g. program.exe). 2) Does the...