Windows 10: When I try to change the download location on W10

Discus and support When I try to change the download location on W10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I try to change the default are to download apps it tells me I have already got apps installed there from another device and I will need to delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EuanWillis, Jun 26, 2020.

1. When I try to change the download location on W10

When I try to change the default are to download apps it tells me I have already got apps installed there from another device and I will need to delete them. I already have games on my d drive and don't want to lose them but I don't know what it means about "From another device". Is there a way to set my default location to another place without deleting anything from it?

:)

EuanWillis, Jun 26, 2020

2. Changed the 'downloads' location to E-Drive. Couldn't reverse!!

Hi Gokul,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps and check if that helps:

• Right Click on Downloads folder.
    • Click on Properties.
    • Select Location tab.
    • Click on Move and choose your location.
    Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further assistance and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Jun 26, 2020
  3. Change location

Hi,

Changing the location of your Windows 10 device is possible. Follow these steps to change the location information on Windows 10:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Click on Clock, Language, and Region and then select Region.
    • Click on Location tab.
    • Under the Home location, click the drop-down button and then choose your location.
    • Click on Apply button and then click OK.

Note: Changing the location in Windows 10 is limited to changing which country or region you are in.

Feel free to reach out to us if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Jun 26, 2020
  4. When I try to change the download location on W10

Can’t change the location.

Hi George,

I am sorry to hear that you had to encounter an internet connection issue in Windows 10 before. You can always come to us for any issues on Windows 10, we will be glad to help you.

Let us see what to do to resolve this issue on location settings. TO assist you better, please answer the questions below.

• Where did you see your location as Vermont USA? How did you tried to change the location?

• Are you getting any error messages while changing the location?

• What is the build version of the Windows? Follow the below steps to check the build version.

• Open up the run command with the
      Win key + R key combo.

• Type winver into the run command text box and hit
      OK.

• You should now see a dialog screen revealing the OS build and registration information.

I suggest you to ON the location service and check if the location is changed to your current location. If the location service is ON, the Windows will automatically find your location once the system in connected to internet and update
    the location on the Apps, which has the permission to access to the location. Refer to the below link to ON the location service and more.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12444/windows-10-location-service-privacy-faq

You may also change your Country or region manually by the following steps;

• In the search box on task bar, enter Change region, then select
      Change your country or region.

• Under Country or region, select your new region.

Hope you can change your location.

Get back to us for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

When I try to change the download location on W10

1. When I try to change the download location on W10 - Similar Threads - try change download

2. when i try and download LGhub i cant change file location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i try and download LGhub i cant change file location: i download Logitechs app and i install it and says not enough room on disccan anyone help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-and-download-lghub-i-cant-change-file/91e9a25b-0bac-4f60-97f4-53ba0a1bda40
  3. when i try and download LGhub i cant change file location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when i try and download LGhub i cant change file location: i download Logitechs app and i install it and says not enough room on disccan anyone help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-and-download-lghub-i-cant-change-file/91e9a25b-0bac-4f60-97f4-53ba0a1bda40
  4. When Changing the game download location doesn’t work…

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When Changing the game download location doesn’t work…: Please help.I have a small c drive and keep all my games on an external. I’ve changed the setting > storage directory to d drive but when ever I go to install gears5 it still only shows the c drive location.I have also restarted the comp etc.Thanks for your help.EDIT: it...
  5. When Changing the game download location doesn’t work…

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When Changing the game download location doesn’t work…: Please help.I have a small c drive and keep all my games on an external. I’ve changed the setting > storage directory to d drive but when ever I go to install gears5 it still only shows the c drive location.I have also restarted the comp etc.Thanks for your help....
  6. Change download location.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change download location.: Hi everyone! My C drive storage is full so I didn't have enough storage to dowload a game Sea of Thieves. Is it possible to change the location of my next downloads? I have other hard drive. Thanks, Movido de: [PT-BR]...
  7. Changing downloads location

in Browsers and Email
    Changing downloads location: Hi all,,, At the moment whenever I download a file from the internet, it automaticly goes into a folder called Downloads on my D drive, but I want it to go in a folder on my C drive in Users \ Myname\ Downloads. Can you tell me how to redirect it please.? Len 142431
  8. download location change

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    download location change: how do i change the download location to my laptop. everything i download goes to my cellphone. please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-location-change/d537bce6-2fe0-4d4a-8cf0-392bbdf7ece5
  9. Change download location

in Browsers and Email
    Change download location: Hi, I have a fresh install, dual booting with Windows 7 and I just notice that my default download location folder for Windows 10 is set to my download folder in Windows 7. How can I change it to be set to Windows 10. Hopefully screen shot can explain better . 22148
  10. Changing OneDrive download location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing OneDrive download location: Before using OneDrive all my data files were held on a seperate partition ion E: drive. I have now stored the main folders (eg Documents, Photographs, Spreadsheets) on OneDrive and now realise that as well as offline they are held in C: Users/Chris. Can I alter it so that...