Windows 10: When I try to connect to a network share I get an error message I;ve not seen before.

Discus and support When I try to connect to a network share I get an error message I;ve not seen before. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a NAS box on my network (Synology) and I have different credentials for different shared drives. I used to be able to access these from File... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by wiggers58, Mar 14, 2019.

1. wiggers58 Win User

When I try to connect to a network share I get an error message I;ve not seen before.

I have a NAS box on my network (Synology) and I have different credentials for different shared drives.

I used to be able to access these from File Explorer without any problem, but recently I have started getting an error.

When I try to connect to a network share I get an error message I;ve not seen before. 614a07d8-b2e4-4ca5-a90b-fbb3e08c68ce?upload=true.png

Is this a new "feature" of the latest build of Win10?

:)

wiggers58, Mar 14, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Can't share printer—getting error message

Step 1: Go to store.
    Step 2: Buy a less shitty printer.
    Step 3: Pick up some beer while you are there.
    Step 4: Enjoy both your new printer and your beer.

In all seriousness, I have had more issues with Lexmark printers and their shitty drivers then any other manufacturer, HP is a close second though.

However, if you don't want to get a new printer*Laugh :laugh:, and I can understand that, when my Lexmark was giving me the same troubles in Win7(and Vista) I had to make sure the Windows firewall was ON and the firewall service was enabled and running. After I shared it I could re-disable the firewall and firewall services.

newtekie1, Mar 14, 2019
  3. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Mar 14, 2019
  4. When I try to connect to a network share I get an error message I;ve not seen before.

internet connection sharing problem. Error message: An error occurred while internet connection sharing was being enable

Hi Ankita,

To assist you better, please provide us with the make and model of your Computer?

This could have occurred due to any alterations in the network settings. I suggest you to try all the troubleshooting steps explained in the below article and check if you can enable the Internet connection sharing.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741/windows-10-fix-network-connection-issues

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to run a network adaptor troubleshooter and check if the issue still persist. Follow the below steps to run a network troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting in the Search tab and select the
      Troubleshooting from the search results.
    • Click on view all.
    • Click on Network adaptor troubleshooter.
    • Click on Next and follow the onscreen instructions to troubleshoot the issue using the troubleshooter.

Keep us updated on the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Rishad K T, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

When I try to connect to a network share I get an error message I;ve not seen before.

1. When I try to connect to a network share I get an error message I;ve not seen before. - Similar Threads - try connect network

2. When I try to change a folder name, which is a shared folder, I get a message saying it...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When I try to change a folder name, which is a shared folder, I get a message saying it...: The admin name they give is associated with my PC because it has part of my name. However, I have Googled the issue and searched everywhere on my PC, but I cannot find that administrator name on my PC. Does anyone have a thought? NOTE: This message does not show up when I...
  3. When I try to change a folder name, which is a shared folder, I get a message saying it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I try to change a folder name, which is a shared folder, I get a message saying it...: The admin name they give is associated with my PC because it has part of my name. However, I have Googled the issue and searched everywhere on my PC, but I cannot find that administrator name on my PC. Does anyone have a thought? NOTE: This message does not show up when I...
  4. I get an error message when I try to open a text document

I get an error message when I try to open a text document: When I try to open a text document I get an error message. Wherever I try to open it from it just doesn't work.This all happened after I got a bluescreen and windows restored itself.This is the error message:Are there any solutions to this problem?...
  5. I get an error message when I try to open a text document

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get an error message when I try to open a text document: When I try to open a text document I get an error message. Wherever I try to open it from it just doesn't work.This all happened after I got a bluescreen and windows restored itself.This is the error message:Are there any solutions to this problem?...
  6. I get error 0x00000520 when i try to connect to a shared printer. Host machine running win...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get error 0x00000520 when i try to connect to a shared printer. Host machine running win...: I get error 0x00000520 when i try to connect to a shared printer. Host machine running win 10, client running win 11, please help. It happened recently after windows update on client machine, was working fine before. File sharing is not affected....
  7. I get error 0x00000520 when i try to connect to a shared printer. Host machine running win...

I get error 0x00000520 when i try to connect to a shared printer. Host machine running win...: I get error 0x00000520 when i try to connect to a shared printer. Host machine running win 10, client running win 11, please help. It happened recently after windows update on client machine, was working fine before. File sharing is not affected....
  8. Encountering an error I've not seen before. I get a install failure when I try and download...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Encountering an error I've not seen before. I get a install failure when I try and download...: MS site is no help so far. Here is the complete error message from the log files. Unable to start a DCOM Server: Microsoft.WindowsStore_12104.1001.1.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe!App as Unavailable/Unavailable. The error: "2147942402" Happened while starting this command: "C:\Program...
  9. I get an error message when I try to access my email

I get an error message when I try to access my email: I get an error message when trying gain access to my email accounts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-an-error-message-when-i-try-to-access-my/d985c525-e4e6-466b-a9c5-070b1dbf1db2
  10. I have been getting a "can't connect to this network " when I try connecting to a Wifi. I...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have been getting a "can't connect to this network " when I try connecting to a Wifi. I...: The wifi was connecting fine until 2 days ago. One website I saw told me to disable the network adapter and restart , which worked somewhat for the past 2 days . Now even that isn't working submitted by /u/V_HarishSundar [link] [comments]...