Windows 10: when I try to connect to the internet, I receive a message that says my computer does not...

Discus and support when I try to connect to the internet, I receive a message that says my computer does not... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I try to access my email I receive a message that my device does no support miracast... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EstellaFonseca, Apr 13, 2020.

1. when I try to connect to the internet, I receive a message that says my computer does not...

When I try to access my email I receive a message that my device does no support miracast

:)

EstellaFonseca, Apr 13, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

when I try to connect to the internet, I receive a message that says my computer does not... [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

when I try to connect to the internet, I receive a message that says my computer does not... [​IMG]

topgundcp, Apr 13, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Computer says not connected to Internet even after connected to Internet

Hi Mark,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that applications show that you are not connected to Internet. I’ll certainly help you with this issue.

However, please let us know:

• How is the computer connected to Internet i.e. Ethernet or Wi-Fi?
    • Are you aware of any changes made on the computer prior to this issue?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

I would suggest you to try changing the network connection i.e. if the computer is connected to Internet through Wi-Fi, try using Ethernet and check if that helps.

You may also want to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article
    Fix network connection issues in Windows.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 13, 2020
  4. when I try to connect to the internet, I receive a message that says my computer does not...

Cant get Cortana to work, says it's not connected to the internet.

Hello ,

Your question on Microsoft Community has received a reply from Joy Kemprai.

Title:
    Cant get Cortana To work

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the issue that you are facing currently, and we in Community will try to resolve your issue the best way we can.

Before I can provide you any assistance, I would like you to answer the question below:

1. Do you that an un-interrupted internet connection?

2. Is your web browser working properly?

I suggest that you perform the steps below and check if the issue persist:

Step 1: Disable Proxy

Sometimes using proxy to connect to the internet may cause issues while connecting to the network.

Follow the steps below to disable proxy:

• Press “Windows Key” + “R”.
    • Type “inetcpl.cpl”.
    • Go to Connection.
    • Click on LAN Settings.
    • Check the box which says Automatically detect settings.
    • Uncheck the box under Proxy server.
    Step 2: Run Internet Troubleshooter.

Though you are able to use internet, there could be some problems or some settings which could have stopped Windows services to connect to the internet.

I suggest you to run the Internet connection troubleshooter to fix such issues, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type Control
    • Click on Troubleshooting
    • Click on Connect to the internet
    • Click on Next and follow the On-screen instructions.
    Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

I have done all the above and have a 50mbps connection. Help. Thank You

John Schaus, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

when I try to connect to the internet, I receive a message that says my computer does not...

1. when I try to connect to the internet, I receive a message that says my computer does not... - Similar Threads - try connect internet

2. When I try to log in it says I need internet for this and when I go to connect the internet...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I try to log in it says I need internet for this and when I go to connect the internet...: I don’t know what to do I unplugged my pc and restarted it and it’s the same thing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-log-in-it-says-i-need-internet-for/7d4762f0-fb0e-44ef-af69-44615ae4b374
  3. When I try to log in it says I need internet for this and when I go to connect the internet...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I try to log in it says I need internet for this and when I go to connect the internet...: I don’t know what to do I unplugged my pc and restarted it and it’s the same thing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-log-in-it-says-i-need-internet-for/7d4762f0-fb0e-44ef-af69-44615ae4b374
  4. Why does Xbox say I'm not connected to the internet when I try to play Java minecraft?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Xbox say I'm not connected to the internet when I try to play Java minecraft?: Why does Xbox say I'm not connected to the internet when I try to play Java minecraft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-xbox-say-im-not-connected-to-the-internet/4f3a5fed-9066-4edc-bd88-0aa18f0714a5
  5. Why does Xbox say I'm not connected to the internet when I try to play Java minecraft?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Xbox say I'm not connected to the internet when I try to play Java minecraft?: Why does Xbox say I'm not connected to the internet when I try to play Java minecraft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-xbox-say-im-not-connected-to-the-internet/4f3a5fed-9066-4edc-bd88-0aa18f0714a5
  6. why does windows say I have internet but when I try to use it switches and says I have a...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    why does windows say I have internet but when I try to use it switches and says I have a...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/birdleaf6000 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m4iuru/why_does_windows_say_i_have_internet_but_when_i/
  7. My laptop shows a globe that says not connected. When I try to connect to the internet it...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop shows a globe that says not connected. When I try to connect to the internet it...: I really need to fix this problem because I need my computer for school. submitted by /u/xiaoyukhei [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jhp9hm/my_laptop_shows_a_globe_that_says_not_connected/
  8. Why does it say not connected to internet when I am? If I try to use help it says i must...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does it say not connected to internet when I am? If I try to use help it says i must...: After latest update it says im not connected and i ran some troubleshooters keeps saying to put in security key and i have but does the same thing. it shows no internet connection yet i can use my browsers no issues....
  9. My computer is connected to the internet, but says "No Internet". Miraculously, i can still...

My computer is connected to the internet, but says "No Internet". Miraculously, i can still...: Very bizarre problem. A couple of hours ago, at my Mom's house, everything was working perfectly. Now, at my Dad's, I am having this problem. Nothing else is doing this, TV, iPhone, and PS4 are all working correctly. Just the computer. Also, this is off topic, but Google...
  10. Computer says not connected to internet when I'm connected to internet

Computer says not connected to internet when I'm connected to internet: I am currently connected through Ethernet and am able to access the internet and any other programs that require the internet. My computer says that I'm "Connected" through Ethernet, but the icon shows that it isn't connected. It also says it isn't connected in the "Network &...