Windows 10: When I try to copy files or folders from external-to-external drives using file explorer...

Discus and support When I try to copy files or folders from external-to-external drives using file explorer... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I try to copy files or folders from external-to-external drives using file explorer windows 11 the files show that they copied but when i check... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by stevenMorrison2, Mar 1, 2022.

1. When I try to copy files or folders from external-to-external drives using file explorer...

When I try to copy files or folders from external-to-external drives using file explorer windows 11 the files show that they copied but when i check the folders they are empty. Is there a program that I can use and bypass explorer to copy from and to external drives? or if there is a way to fix this issue.

:)

stevenMorrison2, Mar 1, 2022

2. Cannot copy files from external drive

Hi,

Thank you for replying back to us.

1. Did you try to create a new user account and try to copy the files from your external drive to your computer?
    2. What is the location that you are trying to past the file? For example, are you pasting the files from your external drive to your Desktop, Documents, or somewhere else?
    3. Are you able to copy the same files from the external drive to the some other PC?
    4. Are the files write protected on your external drive?

Meanwhile, try the below troubleshooting steps.

Step 1: Go to the destination folder on your computer, where you are trying to copy the files from your external drive. Let’s create a
    New Folder on your desktop.

Step 2: Double click on New Folder from your desktop and
    Right Click on some blank space and click on Properties
    and go to General tab.

Step 3: Under Attributes, completely uncheck the
    Read-only option. (The box should be blank, check it again if it has a checkmark or a small square inside it).

Step 3: Click on Apply and
    OK

Step 4: Now, open one of the files on your external drive and do the same, i.e.,
    Right Click on a file (NOT THE FOLDER) >
    Properties
    > General and under Attributes, uncheck
    Read-only option.

Step 5: Click on Apply and
    OK

Now, see if you are able to copy this file from your external drive to your computer.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Mar 1, 2022
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Mar 1, 2022
  4. Xylee Del Win User

When I try to copy files or folders from external-to-external drives using file explorer...

Regarding copying of files in external drive from pc

Hi,

The message that appeared on your screen may have occurred due to the possible missing files if you'll try to copy it that way. We suggest that you follow these steps on how you can copy the file together with it's properties:

• Right click on the application (Bully) and click Properties.
    • On the application properties window, under the Shortcut tab, click
      Open File Location.
    • The File Location window will open.
    • Select everything. Copy and paste it to the external drive.
    • The copying process may take a while depending on the type of files.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Mar 1, 2022
Thema:

When I try to copy files or folders from external-to-external drives using file explorer...

1. When I try to copy files or folders from external-to-external drives using file explorer... - Similar Threads - try copy files

2. can not copy files to external drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can not copy files to external drive: I need to copy folders with the included files from my hard drive to an external drive. This is for safe keeping. I can copy the folders but the files are not copied over....
  3. Copying files/folders from external drive to windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copying files/folders from external drive to windows: Hi, I have a new windows 11 laptop and am bringing files/folders from my external drive across. Sometimes its a seamless copy and paste. Other times it flashes up "preparing" to copy folder to folder then the pop up window shuts without actually copying and sometimes it just...
  4. Copying files/folders from external drive to windows

Copying files/folders from external drive to windows: Hi, I have a new windows 11 laptop and am bringing files/folders from my external drive across. Sometimes its a seamless copy and paste. Other times it flashes up "preparing" to copy folder to folder then the pop up window shuts without actually copying and sometimes it just...
  5. When I try to copy files or folders from external-to-external drives using file explorer...

When I try to copy files or folders from external-to-external drives using file explorer...: When I try to copy files or folders from external-to-external drives using file explorer windows 11 the files show that they copied but when i check the folders they are empty. Is there a program that I can use and bypass explorer to copy from and to external drives? or if...
  6. Error message when trying to access files from an external hard drive in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error message when trying to access files from an external hard drive in file explorer: I have an 2.0TB Seagate external drive attached by USB when I try to open some of the files in file explorer I get the message "Location not available - H:/ ***********. is not accessible. The request failed due to a fatal device hardware failure" I have attached a...
  7. Copies of folders and drives appearing in file explorer after using external hard drive.

Copies of folders and drives appearing in file explorer after using external hard drive.: I have what appear to be more than one hard drive listed in the file explorer on my windows 10 computer as well as multiple copies of other folders such as documents, music, pictures, etc. This has happened after using an external hard drive more than one to back up my...
  8. BSOD when copying files from external HDD to external HDD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when copying files from external HDD to external HDD: Long story short, I've purchased a 5TB WD Mypassport USB C HDD to replace my 4tb wd my passport and I'm usding syncback to copy over about 2.8TB of backups and what not Twice now I've had it crash while running. I've come back to it and found it has restarted. found the...
  9. Error when I copy paste files on another folder or external drive.

Error when I copy paste files on another folder or external drive.: When I copy paste a folder to another folder or external drive I get the following error: Destination Path too long. I can't just simply rename the folder or move thing around because it's files from projects like android studio and unity. Any solutions? Thanks in advance....
  10. Cannot copy files from external drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot copy files from external drive: A friend has a new Win 10 PC. After connecting an external drive from the old PC to the new PC we tried to copy a folder tree from the external drive to an internal drive. Most of the files copied by some generated an error dialog with the message "You'll need to provide...