Windows 10: when I try to download anything I get a message that says: failed virus scan failed

Discus and support when I try to download anything I get a message that says: failed virus scan failed in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to download AVG antivirus and I have tried to login to a work program. Every time I try either I get the same message, it reads: Failed -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by cachristian, Feb 27, 2024.

1. when I try to download anything I get a message that says: failed virus scan failed

I am trying to download AVG antivirus and I have tried to login to a work program. Every time I try either I get the same message, it reads: Failed - Virus scan failed.

:)

cachristian, Feb 27, 2024
  2. Kath UP Win User

'Virus scan failed' message

Yes, I use Chrome. I've received several emails with Word doc attachments or google docs attached and I get the message "Failed - Virus scan failed"

I tried to go through the steps described by typing in regedit and going through the steps provided but that didn't solve the problem.

Kath UP, Feb 27, 2024
  3. Kath UP Win User
    'Virus scan failed' message

When I try to download a word document from a person I know, it looks like the document is being downloaded but then a message comes up that says "Failed-Virus scan failed"

How do I change the settings - is it a security setting that needs to be changed?

Kath UP, Feb 27, 2024
  4. when I try to download anything I get a message that says: failed virus scan failed

Downloading files - VIRUS SCAN FAILED

Hi Everyone,

I keep getting the message VIRUS SCAN FAILED when I try and download files from all sites on the internet.

However can download Windows Updates.

Any suggestions would be extremely welcomed.

Thank you in advance,

John

JohnKershaw1, Feb 27, 2024
Thema:

when I try to download anything I get a message that says: failed virus scan failed

1. when I try to download anything I get a message that says: failed virus scan failed - Similar Threads - try download anything

2. I cannot download anything - virus scan failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot download anything - virus scan failed: I do not know if I deleted something important. But I am now unable to download pdfs, or anti virus software. :'Please help me. I also tried to upload a screenshot using the insert image option here and upload failed too....
  3. I cannot download anything - virus scan failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot download anything - virus scan failed: I do not know if I deleted something important. But I am now unable to download pdfs, or anti virus software. :'Please help me. I also tried to upload a screenshot using the insert image option here and upload failed too....
  4. I cannot download anything - virus scan failed

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. cannot download anything, keep getting message virus scan failed!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot download anything, keep getting message virus scan failed!: I have a new HP , I used to be able to download , now when I try to download or ope a PD file or any fle , all I get back is a error message that reads virus scan failed! ?????? I need help ! Thank you...
  6. cannot download anything, keep getting message virus scan failed!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot download anything, keep getting message virus scan failed!: I have a new HP , I used to be able to download , now when I try to download or ope a PD file or any fle , all I get back is a error message that reads virus scan failed! ?????? I need help ! Thank you...
  7. cannot download anything, keep getting message virus scan failed!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. when I try to download anything I get a message that says: failed virus scan failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when I try to download anything I get a message that says: failed virus scan failed: I am trying to download AVG antivirus and I have tried to login to a work program. Every time I try either I get the same message, it reads: Failed - Virus scan failed....
  9. I cannot download Anything, keep getting Virus Scan Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot download Anything, keep getting Virus Scan Failed: For month on and off I go through periods of receiving virus scan has failed and it messes with everything including my downloading of file through dropbox. I use the most up to date version of chrome, my computer is updated, virus protection is through windows and is on and...
  10. "virus scan failed" message when downloading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "virus scan failed" message when downloading: Every time I try to download anything from the Internet (pictures, pdfs, new software) it comes up with a message saying "virus scan failed". I have looked at my virus software and couldn't see any details about why downloads are blocked, nor could I find any of my computer...