Windows 10: when I try to hard reset my prestigio windows 10 pro it says additional free space is...

Discus and support when I try to hard reset my prestigio windows 10 pro it says additional free space is... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; when I try to hard reset my prestigio windows 10 pro it says additional free space is needed on the drive where windows is installed. free up some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by leon021m, Feb 4, 2023.

1. leon021m Win User

when I try to hard reset my prestigio windows 10 pro it says additional free space is...

when I try to hard reset my prestigio windows 10 pro it says additional free space is needed on the drive where windows is installed. free up some space and try again how can I solve that

:)

leon021m, Feb 4, 2023

2. space in hard dist for update windows 10

Hello ManolisTsitkanos,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What is the exact error message that you're getting when performing an update?

Meanwhile, I'd suggest following the steps in this article
    to help you free up drive space on your Windows 10 device.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Feb 4, 2023
  3. scuba71 Win User
    Lenovo N22 80S6 laptop 32GB Windows 10 Pro not enough hard drive space

I bought a Lenovo N22 80S6 laptop. It has a 32GB hard drive and 4GB of RAM, with Windows 10 Pro. When new the computer had very little free hard drive space, due to the very large size of the Windows 10 Pro operating system.

As the Windows updates have taken place, the available drive space is down to a bit over 4GB. I have no files, music, photos on the hard drive at all, and only a couple of very small additional programs.

The laptop will no longer install Windows updates, nor can I re-install a fresh copy of Windows 10 , even with a thumb drive attached, because Windows tells me I do not have the required 8GB of free hard drive space.

Lenovo refused to help me because they say their hardware is functioning normally, and this is a Microsoft issue.

Why did MIcrosoft allow the Windows 10 Pro system on a 32GB hard drive, it this computer was bound to accumulate updates and cease to be able to then install future updates, or anything else for that matter, because of a lack of available hard drive space?
    The Windows file is 27.9GB, and 22.4GB on the disk. And the total usable hard drive capacity is 27.8GB. This is insane!

Otherwise this 7 month old laptop is ready for the garbage can.

I asked Lenovo if there was a way I could downgrade to Windows 10 Home. they said no.

Does anyone have a suggestion? Again, I have already done a disk cleanup, have absolutely no personal files of any kind on the computer, have only a few hundred MB of additional programs on the hard drive, yet only have 4GB of available hard drive space,
    so even new Windows updates will no longer install. And a fresh copy of Windows requires 8GB of free space, which I cannot do.

Help!

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

scuba71, Feb 4, 2023
  4. paerlgema Win User

when I try to hard reset my prestigio windows 10 pro it says additional free space is...

Windows 10 compatibilty for Prestigio 8500

Will Windows 10 ever be avaible for Prestigio 8500 and when?

paerlgema, Feb 4, 2023
Thema:

1. when I try to hard reset my prestigio windows 10 pro it says additional free space is... - Similar Threads - try hard reset

2. when I try to hard reset my prestigio windows 10 pro it says additional free space is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when I try to hard reset my prestigio windows 10 pro it says additional free space is...: when I try to hard reset my prestigio windows 10 pro it says additional free space is needed on the drive where windows is installed. free up some space and try again how can I solve that...
  3. when I try to hard reset my prestigio windows 10 pro it says additional free space is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when I try to hard reset my prestigio windows 10 pro it says additional free space is...: when I try to hard reset my prestigio windows 10 pro it says additional free space is needed on the drive where windows is installed. free up some space and try again how can I solve that...
  4. Windows 10 factory reset additional space needed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 factory reset additional space needed: Hello, I'm trying to fix my 32 gb Windows 10 laptop and I feel that a factory reset is the only option but when I try to it say Additional space needed but I cannot clear anything my else because it is factory. I know all passwords but I don't know command propt stuff? Is the...
  5. Blue screen of death windows 10: Unable to Reset, Error: 'additional free space is needed...

Blue screen of death windows 10: Unable to Reset, Error: 'additional free space is needed...: My computer was stuck in a automatic repair loop. When I try 'refresh your PC', it stated 'additional free space is needed on the drive where Windows is installed. Free up some space and try again.' But of course I couldnt because I couldnt get in there to free space! Well...
  6. Storage Spaces saying no free space, but I appear to have ~6TB of space free

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Storage Spaces saying no free space, but I appear to have ~6TB of space free: Album with a few photos showing the issue and my configuration. This issue is likely of mine own doing, but I don't know enough about Storage Spaces to know where I went wrong. I began the pool with 4x8TB drives, then added 2x10TB drives later on. I recently safely removed...
  7. how do i free up space or do a hard reset for space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i free up space or do a hard reset for space: How do I free up disk space? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-free-up-space-or-do-a-hard-reset-for/c669c4a9-8ec7-4c00-9b6d-e3c508a10b1a"
  8. Reset this PC not working...Additional free space is needed on the drive where windows is...

Reset this PC not working...Additional free space is needed on the drive where windows is...: Windows 10 is not loading...automatic repair failed and reset is unsuccessful. Error message is attached.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-this-pc-not-workingadditional-free-space-is/48f8afe5-52a5-403b-afe3-abce7a4c61ac
  9. Reset Problem - Additional space needed

Reset Problem - Additional space needed: I'm trying to reset my laptop and it keeps telling me I need an additional 6.3GB of storage on my OS(C:) and to either copy my files onto an external harddrive then delete from the laptop or uninstall apps etc. Not sure what to do here as I don't want anything on the laptop...
  10. Tried to reset my laptop, but it says "not enough disc space"

Tried to reset my laptop, but it says "not enough disc space": My windows 10 laptop has been stuck on the “getting windows ready dont shut down your computer” screen for days. We decided to reset the laptop after seeing that that resolved the problem. We attempted to do a factory reset from this screen, but it says “not enough disc...