Windows 10: When I try to install the Windows 10 update, it installs to 61% & then stalls! What to do now?

Discus and support When I try to install the Windows 10 update, it installs to 61% & then stalls! What to do now? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've tried this a few times, each time, same response.Windows tells me to update my Windows 10.I start the process. My compputer "get ready", then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by C Normie, Mar 23, 2023.

1. C Normie Win User

When I try to install the Windows 10 update, it installs to 61% & then stalls! What to do now?

I've tried this a few times, each time, same response.Windows tells me to update my Windows 10.I start the process. My compputer "get ready", then begins the installation.When it gets to 61%, it just stops. Stops & does not continue.What am I supposed to do? I cannot figure out why....Appreciate any help you can give.

:)

C Normie, Mar 23, 2023

2. Windows 10 Insider Preview 19041.1 installation stalls at 61%

Windows 10 Insider Preview 19041.1 installation stalls at 61%

EdFriedman, Mar 23, 2023
  3. Griforoby Win User

Same here!

Windows doesn't ask for reboot.

If I reboot Windows does the download but 61% of the time it installs and stays still without giving errors.

I have checked that I have enough free space on my HD.

On another PC the update worked!

Griforoby, Mar 23, 2023
  4. When I try to install the Windows 10 update, it installs to 61% & then stalls! What to do now?

Papahyooie, Mar 23, 2023
Thema:

When I try to install the Windows 10 update, it installs to 61% & then stalls! What to do now?

1. When I try to install the Windows 10 update, it installs to 61% & then stalls! What to do now? - Similar Threads - try install update

2. When I try to install the Windows 10 update, it installs to 61% & then stalls! What to do now?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I try to install the Windows 10 update, it installs to 61% & then stalls! What to do now?: I've tried this a few times, each time, same response.Windows tells me to update my Windows 10.I start the process. My compputer "get ready", then begins the installation.When it gets to 61%, it just stops. Stops & does not continue.What am I supposed to do? I cannot figure...
  3. When I try to install the Windows 10 update, it installs to 61% & then stalls! What to do now?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When I try to install the Windows 10 update, it installs to 61% & then stalls! What to do now?: I've tried this a few times, each time, same response.Windows tells me to update my Windows 10.I start the process. My compputer "get ready", then begins the installation.When it gets to 61%, it just stops. Stops & does not continue.What am I supposed to do? I cannot figure...
  4. My Windows Updater is stopping at 61% every time! I cannot instal Update! What can I do to do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows Updater is stopping at 61% every time! I cannot instal Update! What can I do to do?: My Windows Updater is stopping at 61% every time! I cannot install Update! What can I do to do?Before this I didn't update Windows about 1 year. I powered off Avast Antivirus.At last time I found another problem: files moving are stoping at 99% but the check disk repaired it....
  5. My Windows Updater is stopping at 61% every time! I cannot instal Update! What can I do to do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Windows Updater is stopping at 61% every time! I cannot instal Update! What can I do to do?: My Windows Updater is stopping at 61% every time! I cannot install Update! What can I do to do?Before this I didn't update Windows about 1 year. I powered off Avast Antivirus.At last time I found another problem: files moving are stoping at 99% but the check disk repaired it....
  6. Update 2004 stalls at 61%

Update 2004 stalls at 61%: I can not install feature update 2004, it stalls at 61% and restarting the computer or turning off my panda dome virus software does not help. I have left it to run for a whole day but it stays on 61% no time out or fault code messages appear it just stops and does not go any...
  7. Computer keeps stalling after installing Windows 10, what can I do?

Computer keeps stalling after installing Windows 10, what can I do?: Love everybody, I'm redoing a laptop for a colleague of mine. Normally this always works out very well, but this time I have problems that I can't fix on my own. Yesterday I installed Windows 10 (via USB stick) and formatted and repartitioned everything before, so I...
  8. Windows 10 install stalled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 install stalled: I'm trying to install Windows 10 Pro full version on a new harddrive from a DVD. I get the messages that a media driver is missing and then when I browse that no device drivers were found....
  9. Windows 10 Insider Preview 19041.1 installation stalls at 61%

Windows 10 Insider Preview 19041.1 installation stalls at 61%: Windows 10 Insider Preview 19041.1 installation stalls at 61% https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-insider-preview-190411-installation/5b0b36b5-7ca6-4521-9ff1-3fdd1d263f14
  10. Windows 10 installation stalls

Windows 10 installation stalls: I am attempting to install W10 through USB drive. However as I go through the setup steps, at some point the mouse will start lagging and the setup goes stuck. I don't know if it's a memory problem since I have 3gb of RAM. However if the PC is turned off for a long time the...