Windows 10: When i try to log in any app from microsoft the error 0x800704cf comes.

Discus and support When i try to log in any app from microsoft the error 0x800704cf comes. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; HelloHow you can probably see im logged in rn but i can only do that in my browser but in an app like microsoft store the error comes.I spent a couple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Samy Aero, Jun 3, 2023.

1. Samy Aero Win User

When i try to log in any app from microsoft the error 0x800704cf comes.

HelloHow you can probably see im logged in rn but i can only do that in my browser but in an app like microsoft store the error comes.I spent a couple hours yesterday trying pretty much every way i could find in the internet to fix that problem but nothing worked.Things i tried:-Reinstalling Drivers-Change DNS Settings-Refresh IP Adress and Reset DNS Adress settings with cmd-Reset Proxy Settings with cmd-Scanned for viruses-and ran Network and Microsoft Store Troubleshooterprobably forgot some things bcs it was the last day.I may also add that i can log in with every other account except this

:)

Samy Aero, Jun 3, 2023

2. Error 0x800704cf in microsoft store

Hi,

As per the error message, your internet connection might have something to do with the error code 0x800704cf. The anti-virus on your computer can also be the culprit here. However, let us not assume anything yet until we isolated your concern. We suggest
    that you download and run the Windows Store App Troubleshooter. Once done, check if the issue persists.
    You can also check if the Store works in another user account. If the issue
    still persists, we suggest to reset the Microsoft Store. Here are the steps on how to do so:

• Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard, the type in wsreset.exe.
    • Hit Enter to proceed.

You may reset the Store a couple of times before checking if the issue persists.

Let us know the result of the troubleshooting steps provided above.

Carlos Tin, Jun 3, 2023
  3. StubbaMS Win User
    How do I fix error code 0x800704cf in the Microsoft Windows store?

There is no repair button for the Sticky Notes app and I can't log in to my To Do list. It gives error 0x800704cf, it has nothing to do with syncing. Also the other 7 steps I have already tried. Unfortunately they did not work either.

StubbaMS, Jun 3, 2023
  4. When i try to log in any app from microsoft the error 0x800704cf comes.

Cannot log into my Microsoft account error 0x800704cf

Hi PQP. I'm Greg, 10 years awarded Windows MVP, specializing in Installation, Performance, Troubleshooting and Activation, here to help you.

1) You may not be able to apply the fixes until you Exit S Mode -

S Mode restricts any but Store apps from being installed and is more appropriate to corporate or school PC's and not consumer rigs because of the severe restriction of choice.

Removing it does not affect the performance of the PC in any way, unless you acquire adware by not watching closely enough when installing freeware that sneaks it in. I would use built-in Defender which always offers best Windows performance with least issues, and is from Microsoft who knows how to protect their OS best. In addition you can install the best free scanners Malwarebyes from Malware Removal 2023 | Free Antivirus | 100% Free & Easy Install and AdwCleaner from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcle... to run periodically or after downloading anything (right click download to Scan with each).

Exit S Mode following this guide:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/445606...

If it won't complete it can mean the servers are overloaded so you can try again later, or contact Microsoft.

Failure can also mean the Store needs repair. I can give you those repairs, or you can Contact Microsoft Support at Contact Us - Microsoft Support. Explain the problem and keep asking for an agent on weekdays. Try to get chat which is reported to work better than phone call back.

2) Try these fixes for the error until one works:

Fix Windows 11 Error Code 0x800704cf [Proven Solution 2022]

windows - Getting an error code 0x800704cf when trying to sign in to excel 365 - Super User

How to Fix 0x800704cf Error Code on Windows 10

[Guides]How to Fix Error Code 0x800704cf on Windows

FIX: Microsoft Store Error 0x800704cf - It Doesn't Look Like you're Connected to the Internet. (Solved) - wintips.org - Windows Tips & How-tos

Fix: Error code 0x800704cf on Windows 10 [Step-by-Step Guide]

Fix Windows 10/11 network error 0x800704cf

(Avoid ad links which intrude into editorial copy, especially avoid Restoro, PC Repair Tool and Reimage ads)

Error 0x800704cf when signing into Microsoft account - Microsoft Community

How to fix the Error code 0x800704cf in Windows 11/10

Feel free to ask back any questions. Based on the results you post back I may have other suggestions if necessary.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-2020, Jun 3, 2023
Thema:

When i try to log in any app from microsoft the error 0x800704cf comes.

1. When i try to log in any app from microsoft the error 0x800704cf comes. - Similar Threads - try log app

2. Error Code 0x800704cf and Microsoft account issues, when trying to log in to Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Code 0x800704cf and Microsoft account issues, when trying to log in to Microsoft...: "It doesn't look like you're connected to the internet. Check your connection and try again. 0x800704cf"Whenever I try to log into a Microsoft application like Microsoft Store or the Xbox app I get this error message, even though I am connected to the internet, and it seems...
  3. Error Code 0x800704cf and Microsoft account issues, when trying to log in to Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error Code 0x800704cf and Microsoft account issues, when trying to log in to Microsoft...: "It doesn't look like you're connected to the internet. Check your connection and try again. 0x800704cf"Whenever I try to log into a Microsoft application like Microsoft Store or the Xbox app I get this error message, even though I am connected to the internet, and it seems...
  4. Error Code 0x800704cf and Microsoft account issues, when trying to log in to Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. When i try to log in any app from microsoft the error 0x800704cf comes.

When i try to log in any app from microsoft the error 0x800704cf comes.: HelloHow you can probably see im logged in rn but i can only do that in my browser but in an app like microsoft store the error comes.I spent a couple hours yesterday trying pretty much every way i could find in the internet to fix that problem but nothing worked.Things i...
  6. error 0x800704cf when trying to sign into Microsoft apps microsoft store and xbox app

error 0x800704cf when trying to sign into Microsoft apps microsoft store and xbox app: I am able to log into the microsoft store and xbox websites, but when I try to log into the apps I get the error 0x800704cf saying I need internet which I have.I am on windows 11, version 21H2 OS build 22000.675I have already:disabled Microsoft client in network settingsreset...
  7. error 0x800704cf when trying to sign into Microsoft apps microsoft store and xbox app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error 0x800704cf when trying to sign into Microsoft apps microsoft store and xbox app: I am able to log into the microsoft store and xbox websites, but when I try to log into the apps I get the error 0x800704cf saying I need internet which I have.I am on windows 11, version 21H2 OS build 22000.675I have already:disabled Microsoft client in network settingsreset...
  8. Error 0x800704cf when signing into Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error 0x800704cf when signing into Microsoft account: I sent my computer in for repairs and it came back with the factory image reinstalled. It's had time to configure a few updates, but I haven't yet reinstalled everything. While trying to use Office 365, I ran into a problem activating my subscription. It gives me this error:...
  9. 0x800704cf when trying to login Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    0x800704cf when trying to login Microsoft account: I'm unable to get to my Microsoft account due to this error code https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/0x800704cf-when-trying-to-login-microsoft-account/13f7a661-a5cc-4ae4-8e19-f028dd8ef1e9"
  10. 0x800704cf error code when trying to download applications from the Microsoft store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    0x800704cf error code when trying to download applications from the Microsoft store.: So I was trying to setup a bridge network so that I could connect my pc to my xbox over ethernet. Everything seemed to go just fine until I opened up the console companion app. When I tried signing in I started getting the 0x800704cf error code saying I could not connect to...