Windows 10: When I try to log into my microsoft account for any reason, it tries to force me to set up...

Discus and support When I try to log into my microsoft account for any reason, it tries to force me to set up... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; so I had this Problem in multiple different scenarios, one where my google passwords manager suddenly needed a Windows Hello PIN to let me see my saved... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jay Fröhler, May 24, 2024.

1. When I try to log into my microsoft account for any reason, it tries to force me to set up...

so I had this Problem in multiple different scenarios, one where my google passwords manager suddenly needed a Windows Hello PIN to let me see my saved passwords where previously it only asked for my laptop's password; and another,more frustrating one:I can't access PAID SOFTWARE Minecraft Bedrock because of needing to prove Im the one logging into my own Microsoft account, That I bought the game for. It asks for a Windows Hello PIN or Face ID, neither of which I have set up since I wasn't aware it even existed.So of course I try to go set up a Windows Hello PIN. But I get a bunch of error m

:)

Jay Fröhler, May 24, 2024
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, May 24, 2024
  3. John Vil Win User
    Microsoft account

Hi,

There may be several reasons why this message keeps appearing. Sometimes, this message is triggered if you are using a two-step verification in your email. We suggest that you try these methods below to resolve this concern:

• Log out and log in with your Local Account password or the Microsoft Account password again to check if this is caused by a glitch.
    • If you are not using a Microsoft account to sign in, create one, and use it to sign in.
    • Verify your identity on this PC. Open Settings > Accounts > Under
      Your accounts you will see a Verify your identity on this PC link > Click on
      Verify. Follow the prompts to identify your account.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, May 24, 2024
  4. When I try to log into my microsoft account for any reason, it tries to force me to set up...

Setting up microsoft accounts for family safety - Windows 10

Hi,

thanks for the reply, but having tried everything you suggested - again. I had tried all these things initially and only raised the question when I ran out of things to try!

I still get the same problem. When attempting to following the steps below, the problem occurs at step 3 - when trying to "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead". This is where the unhelpful "Oops something went wrong" message occurs when entering the
    windows password "for the last time".

The child's Microsoft account does exist, and I can log in to it via a web browser, but I don't seem to be able to link it to the account he logs in to the PC with. The troubleshooter just detects the fact that he is not logged in with a Microsoft account
    (I ran this with both my account, which is fine, and then when logged in with the child's account)!

Check your child’s account on the PC that your child uses

• Have your child sign in to the PC.

• Open Settings, then select Accounts.

• Select Your account.

• If your child doesn’t currently sign in with a Microsoft account, select
        Sign in with a Microsoft account instead and enter their email address.

• If an email address is already associated with their account, make a note of it. You’ll use it to add their Microsoft account to your family at

account.microsoft.com/family

MikeBushnell, May 24, 2024
Thema:

When I try to log into my microsoft account for any reason, it tries to force me to set up...

1. When I try to log into my microsoft account for any reason, it tries to force me to set up... - Similar Threads - try log microsoft

2. When I try to log into my microsoft account for any reason, it tries to force me to set up...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    When I try to log into my microsoft account for any reason, it tries to force me to set up...: so I had this Problem in multiple different scenarios, one where my google passwords manager suddenly needed a Windows Hello PIN to let me see my saved passwords where previously it only asked for my laptop's password; and another,more frustrating one:I can't access PAID...
  3. When I try to log into my microsoft account for any reason, it tries to force me to set up...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I try to log into my microsoft account for any reason, it tries to force me to set up...: so I had this Problem in multiple different scenarios, one where my google passwords manager suddenly needed a Windows Hello PIN to let me see my saved passwords where previously it only asked for my laptop's password; and another,more frustrating one:I can't access PAID...
  4. When i log into my account to try set up this account as my microsoft account on windows,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i log into my account to try set up this account as my microsoft account on windows,...: Hello, i believe microsoft has 2 instances of the same email i migrated to this email and it is my account when i sign in onlinehowever im trying to setup windows as my microsoft account, but when i go to log in, its says wrong pass, so i get a code which goes through to my...
  5. When i log into my account to try set up this account as my microsoft account on windows,...

When i log into my account to try set up this account as my microsoft account on windows,...: Hello, i believe microsoft has 2 instances of the same email i migrated to this email and it is my account when i sign in onlinehowever im trying to setup windows as my microsoft account, but when i go to log in, its says wrong pass, so i get a code which goes through to my...
  6. Windows logging me into TEMP account when trying to log into my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows logging me into TEMP account when trying to log into my account: I first had this problem after rebooting my computer, I tried to log into my account and remember seeing an error. I tried to log in again and this time windows logged me into a seemingly brand new account, with all my settings gone. I dug around and figured out I was in a...
  7. Windows logging me into TEMP account when trying to log into my account

Windows logging me into TEMP account when trying to log into my account: I first had this problem after rebooting my computer, I tried to log into my account and remember seeing an error. I tried to log in again and this time windows logged me into a seemingly brand new account, with all my settings gone. I dug around and figured out I was in a...
  8. Windows logging me into TEMP account when trying to log into my account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Microsoft account keeps trying to automatically log me in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft account keeps trying to automatically log me in: I am trying to log into my myivy account Ivy Tech college. Microsoft keeps trying to log me in. The redirect for microsoft came up the first time and I didn't think much of it until it started trying to log me in using my microsoft email and password. Now everytime I try to...
  10. Windows trying to force me to create Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows trying to force me to create Microsoft account: Hi, I've just bought a new laptop and whilst following the setup sequence I've landed on a page that wants me to create a Microsoft account. I don't want to do this, I simply want to create a local Windows admin account but I can't escape from this page. Having reached this...