Windows 10: when i try to open a file it says parameter is incorrect

Discus and support when i try to open a file it says parameter is incorrect in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i cant open a 2019 tax file it says incorrect parameter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BrendaSmith8649, Jan 4, 2021.

1. when i try to open a file it says parameter is incorrect

i cant open a 2019 tax file it says incorrect parameter

:)

BrendaSmith8649, Jan 4, 2021
  2. JustMetis Win User

parameter is incorrect

Thanks for the suggestion, but no Excel installed (nor any plan to). Not sure how or if that would handle all subfolders, or how long the process would take, but I don't use Excel for anything, and can't see installing a bulky Office app on the system. The
    other downside I think *may* exist, would be that I'd have to either export all the data to a file, else use Excel each time a search is required.

Looks like maybe I can use a batch job to build a list of all folders and subfolders, then independently list the files of interest within each folder into a single file. That should eliminate whatever causes the odd "parameter is incorrect" error.

Thanks again for your responses. I appreciate your time.

JustMetis, Jan 4, 2021
  3. System Image restore fails: "0x80070057 the parameter is incorrect"

Hello,

The Error code 0x80070057 the parameter is incorrect can be caused by an corrupted restore file. It would be great if you can tell us more about your concern. Kindly answer the following:

• Did you notice any system setting changes prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    Please tell us all the troubleshooting steps you've done so we can avoid repeats.

Devlin Sco, Jan 4, 2021
  4. when i try to open a file it says parameter is incorrect

parameter is incorrect?

im trying to full scan my windows 10 cuz its slow, but it says full protected, and when i scanned it it said the parameter was incorrect. whats a parameter and how is it incorrect? is my computer broken? what should i do and will it harm my computer?

Hatsune Mikat, Jan 4, 2021
Thema:

when i try to open a file it says parameter is incorrect

1. when i try to open a file it says parameter is incorrect - Similar Threads - try open file

2. Phone Link says "The parameter is incorrect" every time I try to open it. How can I fix it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone Link says "The parameter is incorrect" every time I try to open it. How can I fix it?: This is what I see when I try to open Phone Link. And I can't even get that far if I try to open it by just clicking on it in the start menu. Instead, I either have to run it as an admin or open it from the windows store. I'm on a Windows 10 desktop with an i5-8500. I have...
  3. Windows services says the parameter is incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows services says the parameter is incorrect: On windows services at Log On tab, I want to change the account from This account to Local System account. But windows says "the parameter is incorrect". Could you show me how to change it?...
  4. Windows services says the parameter is incorrect

Windows services says the parameter is incorrect: On windows services at Log On tab, I want to change the account from This account to Local System account. But windows says "the parameter is incorrect". Could you show me how to change it?...
  5. Windows services says the parameter is incorrect

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. "The Parameter Is Incorrect" when opening Microsoft Store apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    "The Parameter Is Incorrect" when opening Microsoft Store apps: Hi there!Recently I have been met with the following error when opening some Microsoft Store apps:So far I've triedDISM Scanssfc/scannowResetting and Repairing appsUninstalling and Reinstalling appsA script which attempts to fix permissions here this worked for one app but it...
  7. "The Parameter Is Incorrect" when opening Microsoft Store apps

"The Parameter Is Incorrect" when opening Microsoft Store apps: Hi there!Recently I have been met with the following error when opening some Microsoft Store apps:So far I've triedDISM Scanssfc/scannowResetting and Repairing appsUninstalling and Reinstalling appsA script which attempts to fix permissions here this worked for one app but it...
  8. "Parameter is incorrect" when opening settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Parameter is incorrect" when opening settings: It started when I cant use the snipping tool or Win+shft+Sthen I tried using the search for the snipping tool, but the menu crashes, when I clicked the search barI opened the snipping tool through the use of all apps menu but I can't use it. it doesn't workI got intrigued why...
  9. "Parameter is incorrect" when opening settings

"Parameter is incorrect" when opening settings: It started when I cant use the snipping tool or Win+shft+Sthen I tried using the search for the snipping tool, but the menu crashes, when I clicked the search barI opened the snipping tool through the use of all apps menu but I can't use it. it doesn't workI got intrigued why...
  10. d drive is saying that the parameter is incorrect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    d drive is saying that the parameter is incorrect: Hey, i got this external hard drive which has most of my games installed in it. Yesterday i tried to update a game from steam that is inside the d drive but it said something about disk write error and disk read error, so i checked what it meant and tried to fix it but no...