Windows 10: When I try to open %appdata% it says access is denied

Discus and support When I try to open %appdata% it says access is denied in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I know why just don't know how to fix it Earlier I had changed %USERPROFILE%\AppData to %USERPROFILE%\Application Data in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DerpToast, May 21, 2020.

1. DerpToast Win User

When I try to open %appdata% it says access is denied

I know why just don't know how to fix it

Earlier I had changed %USERPROFILE%\AppData to %USERPROFILE%\Application Data in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

It was to fix something where I couldn't access network location

I changed it back to %USERPROFILE%\AppData but still says access is denied, then added Roaming after that and nothing's changed

:)

DerpToast, May 21, 2020

2. AppData folder access denied

I installed GTA5 from disc on my Windows 10 HP Laptop.

When I try to run the program (as administrator) GTA5 automatically downloads a patch for the game.

Downloads OK but when it comes to install the patch I get the error message:

Access denied to C/Users/John/Appdata/local/temp/gta_V_Patch_1_0_505_2.exe you do not have permission to access this file.

I have my settings on the appdata folder to administrator with all permissions ticked for access.

Can anyone help with this?

John

John.D.Smith, May 21, 2020
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    net user administrator /active:no keeps saying access denied.

Hi Rebekah,

It's possible that you're not using an elevated command prompt, causing the Access Denied error. We suggest following these steps to properly disable the built-in administrator account:

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste net user Administrator /active:no and press
      Enter
      . If the command isn't successful, please post a screenshot so that we can study it further.

Let us know if you're able to hide the administrator account after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, May 21, 2020
  4. When I try to open %appdata% it says access is denied

Access denied

Whenever I connect any pendrive or hard disk it says access denied for pen drive I googled got the solution for pendrive but I need to follow the steps everytime I connect give me the permanent solution and steps for hard drive access denied

krishnamagaji, May 21, 2020
Thema:

When I try to open %appdata% it says access is denied

1. When I try to open %appdata% it says access is denied - Similar Threads - try open %appdata%

2. My computer says access denied when i try and access windows, It won't find my onedrive...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer says access denied when i try and access windows, It won't find my onedrive...: My computer says access denied when i try and access windows, It won't find my onedrive location https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-says-access-denied-when-i-try-and/c78a5db0-78b1-4c34-aeb1-09daf920062d
  3. Access denied when trying to chang priority.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access denied when trying to chang priority.: When I try to change priority of my game Fifa 23 I get the text "Access denied" And i don't know why I've tried multiple tutorials on youtube and google but neither one has worked. Anyone know why i dont have acces? The game, and my account is both administartors....
  4. Access denied when trying to chang priority.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access denied when trying to chang priority.: When I try to change priority of my game Fifa 23 I get the text "Access denied" And i don't know why I've tried multiple tutorials on youtube and google but neither one has worked. Anyone know why i dont have acces? The game, and my account is both administartors....
  5. Denied access when trying to share folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Denied access when trying to share folder: I am trying to share a folder to another user on the network. I am the admin and I'm logged in, I've gone through all the security settings for the file but when I run the Quickbooks Server it tells me that the file is not shared and that I do not have the appropriate...
  6. Denied access when trying to share folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Denied access when trying to share folder: I am trying to share a folder to another user on the network. I am the admin and I'm logged in, I've gone through all the security settings for the file but when I run the Quickbooks Server it tells me that the file is not shared and that I do not have the appropriate...
  7. Denied access when trying to share folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Access Denied when trying to acces mysynchrony.com

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access Denied when trying to acces mysynchrony.com: How is this notice resolved when trying to log into the companies website? Never had this issue in the past. Access DeniedYou don't have permission to access "http://etail.mysynchrony.com/eapply/eapply.action" on this server. Reference #18.5767c917.1614721642.3bca18dc *...
  9. Access is denied when trying to zip a folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Access is denied when trying to zip a folder: Today I noticed that my access is denied when I try and ZIP a folder. I have tried to zip numerous folders in my documents and pictures. I can edit and save files in this location, just not zip them. I have tried checking the properties in the temp folder and I should have...
  10. Access denied when trying to end task

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Access denied when trying to end task: Hello! Sometimes a process will hang for apparently no reason. The usual practice is to open Task Manager and terminate the process (select it and click End task). But there are a couple of applications that hang for good and cannot terminate them. I get an Access Denied...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 appdata folder restricted access error fix