Windows 10: When I try to open file explorer, it looks like it opens, but is minimized, but I am unable...

Discus and support When I try to open file explorer, it looks like it opens, but is minimized, but I am unable... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Why wont file explorer open.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ashley LaFitte, Feb 26, 2024.

1. When I try to open file explorer, it looks like it opens, but is minimized, but I am unable...

Why wont file explorer open.

:)

Ashley LaFitte, Feb 26, 2024
  2. sapbucket Win User

Windows 10 File Explorer won't open a folder that is minimized

I just upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday. The File Explorer has new behavior that I want to behave like it did in Windows 7. Here are the steps to reproduce:

1. create a folder on desktop
    2. open the folder in the file explorer by clicking it
    3. minimize the desktop with Microsoft button + 'D'
    4. click the folder on the desktop again

Expected: the clicked folder opens in the same file explorer that was minimized (this is Windows 7 default behavior).

Actual: the clicked folder does not open. It stays minimized. The only way to access it is to go to the task bar and click it there. Annoying! Especially when there are 20+ folders minimized and collapsed.

I checked in Explorer options and I don't see anything that would allow me to modify this behavior.

sapbucket, Feb 26, 2024
  3. BlHunter Win User
    File Explorer Does Not Minimize

This is weird. My File Explorer will no longer minimize without locking up.

Specifically, if I open File Explorer it opens up fine. If I click on the minimize button the window itself will minimize like expected however the list of files within that window will all flash/blink rapidly and the window will get stuck in the minimized
    state. It will no longer open or close when I press the "X" the "x" will turn red and it will say "not Responding" and stick for a minute and then the box closes.

File Explorer used to minimize correctly for years until the update last week.

Can anybody help...please...Anybody...

BlHunter, Feb 26, 2024
  4. When I try to open file explorer, it looks like it opens, but is minimized, but I am unable...

Unable to open internet explorer

Hi Maria,

The issue occur due to connection problem to your PC. In order for us to assist you, please answer the questions below:

• Were there any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

To isolate the issue, we also suggest to check this thread and look for Morris subba answer:

Internet explorer won't open in Windows 10
    . It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Feb 26, 2024
Thema:

When I try to open file explorer, it looks like it opens, but is minimized, but I am unable...

1. When I try to open file explorer, it looks like it opens, but is minimized, but I am unable... - Similar Threads - try open file

2. When i open file explorer then i try to open "downlod" my file explorer says not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i open file explorer then i try to open "downlod" my file explorer says not responding: I accidentally end task start service module 32-bit if that's the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-open-file-explorer-then-i-try-to-open/cbd943d6-3842-49fc-a444-92672c6e8efc
  3. When i open file explorer then i try to open "downlod" my file explorer says not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When i open file explorer then i try to open "downlod" my file explorer says not responding: I accidentally end task start service module 32-bit if that's the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-open-file-explorer-then-i-try-to-open/cbd943d6-3842-49fc-a444-92672c6e8efc
  4. When i open file explorer then i try to open "downlod" my file explorer says not responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. When I try to open file explorer, it looks like it opens, but is minimized, but I am unable...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I try to open file explorer, it looks like it opens, but is minimized, but I am unable...: Why wont file explorer open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-open-file-explorer-it-looks-like-it/2af9107c-f13e-4875-8cd6-f8662baf2b72
  6. File Explorer "not responding" when I try to open an Office file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer "not responding" when I try to open an Office file: I am unable to open any Office files from File Explorer. I can open them if I am within the applications itself, but not directly from the explorer. I am able to open non-Office related files such as Adobe PDFs, etc.. When I do try to open an office file it will show "not...
  7. Files no showing when I open file explorer but I can see them and open them when I try to...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Files no showing when I open file explorer but I can see them and open them when I try to...: Hi, I'm hopping someone can help me. When I go to file explorer, nothing shows, not even on the OS c file, is just blank. but when I open a program I can go to the open file option and I can see all my files are still on my computer and not corrumpted just not showing on...
  8. Folders minimizing when trying to open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders minimizing when trying to open: All of my folders on my desktop open in a very minimized view. When I right click to maximize and I hold my mouse over the folder it is a little bit bigger but will not maximize. And the same thing happens when I use This PC. It won't open. I have restarted windows...
  9. File explorer opens when I try to open CMD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File explorer opens when I try to open CMD: The title is pretty self-explanatory but I'll repeat it. When I type cmd in the windows search bar I get a small window that pops down really quick. After that file explorer opens up. when I press WIN+R and type in CMD it does the same. When I open cmd with powershell I do...
  10. When I try to open my printer file I am told I am not the administrator and cannot open...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When I try to open my printer file I am told I am not the administrator and cannot open...: Recently my computer isn't allowing me to perform certain functions stating I need administrator priviledges. When I try to open printer file it will not allow me to and when I try to 'change printing preferences' I am told the same thing. I am definately the administrator...