Windows 10: When I try to print it tries to save the document.

Discus and support When I try to print it tries to save the document. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This did not happen before the update a day or so ago. All files try to save when I try to print. I have looked at 'print to file' and this is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JonGibson2, Aug 8, 2019.

1. When I try to print it tries to save the document.

This did not happen before the update a day or so ago. All files try to save when I try to print.

1. I have looked at 'print to file' and this is not checked.
    2. I have manually set my HP Pro 8715as the default printer.
    3. I have used the trouble shoot and there is not an issue.
    4. I have tried PDFs using Edge and PDF reader.
    5. I have reinstalled the drivers.

It still does not work.

:)

JonGibson2, Aug 8, 2019

2. MY PRINTER WILL NOT PRINT A SAVED DOCUMENT

MY PRINTER WILL NOT PRINT A SAVED DOCUMENT. IT WILL PRINT A TEST PAGE OR A SCANNED DOCUMENT HOWEVER. IT WILL PRINT THE HEADER OR TITLE BUT NOT THE REST OF THE PAGE. I HAVE NEW INK AND HAVE DONE ALL THE MAINTENANCE. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

OT:

PAT

PATSTEFFEY, Aug 8, 2019
  3. Printing Word Document

Created a word document and saved it in Rich Text Format (.rtf). Will not print. Office 2007 program pops up and "suggests" I subscribe to Office 365. Just need to print or email this document....tried to convert to PDF, but is blocking my efforts.

Any suggestions??

radmed osf, Aug 8, 2019
  4. When I try to print it tries to save the document.

print asks me to save to documents

hi, after installing windows 10 my epson rx 420 isnt being listed .in list of printers.

it will scan from scanner to computer so i would think it must recognize the printer,

but this is what happens when i got to print something it says says saved to documents, so i go to documents and there it is so i go print it then says file must be converted before opening.

so i convert it , but just seems to send me round in a loop.

why cant i just click print and it prints ?

also tried my printer on another computer and it works.

hope this makes sense

also epson say windows supports the printer

francis blair, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

When I try to print it tries to save the document.

1. When I try to print it tries to save the document. - Similar Threads - try print tries

2. When trying to save a word document to PDF

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When trying to save a word document to PDF: When trying to save a word document to PDF I use Microsoft print to PDF. Once I click to save it asks me to sign into my microsoft account online. this happens randomly. Any assistance?...
  3. When trying to save a word document to PDF

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When trying to save a word document to PDF: When trying to save a word document to PDF I use Microsoft print to PDF. Once I click to save it asks me to sign into my microsoft account online. this happens randomly. Any assistance?...
  4. I'm trying to print a document, however, the header and some lines are missing when I print.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm trying to print a document, however, the header and some lines are missing when I print.: I'm trying to print a document, however, the header and some lines are missing when I print. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-trying-to-print-a-document-however-the-header/16aff3f8-0ff4-454f-bd5f-396da24d4a50
  5. I'm trying to print a document, however, the header and some lines are missing when I print.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm trying to print a document, however, the header and some lines are missing when I print.: I'm trying to print a document, however, the header and some lines are missing when I print. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-trying-to-print-a-document-however-the-header/16aff3f8-0ff4-454f-bd5f-396da24d4a50
  6. I'm trying to print a document, however, the header and some lines are missing when I print.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Keep getting the 'Save output as' dialog when trying to print

Keep getting the 'Save output as' dialog when trying to print: Can't seem to print a file from Windows 10. No matter which printer I set as the default, I only get the 'Save output as' dialog when trying to print. I already confirmed that the printer I want to use was set as the default, per the steps listed in this post:...
  8. Search function not working when trying to save with Print to PDF

in Windows 10 Support
    Search function not working when trying to save with Print to PDF: The search function in windows explorer gets grayed out when trying to use Microsoft print to PDF. This used to work before and now has stopped. Is there anything that could've caused this to happen? 150355
  9. when print, it tries to save PRN file instead of just printing

when print, it tries to save PRN file instead of just printing: Since the update yesterday when I print, it tried to save PRN file before printing. How do I stop that and just print? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-print-it-tries-to-save-file-instead-of-just/f094cb24-0923-43df-88ed-20ed83c4aeeb
  10. When I try to print, I receive the message "Save Printer Output As".

When I try to print, I receive the message "Save Printer Output As".: When I try to print, I receive the message "Save Printer Output As". The printer and laptop have both been with me for a time, so I thought it might be my printer as it travels with me, so I purchased a new HP. Once installed, I tried to print...and same message! Help!!!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when i print a pdf it tries to save it instead

2. no print but system tries to save a file

3. i try to print and it goes to save as