Windows 10: When I try to recover my username/email for Microsoft store, and put in my phone number,...

Discus and support When I try to recover my username/email for Microsoft store, and put in my phone number,... in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Just downloaded itunes and tried to install it from Microsoft store. I was asked to sign in, but it wasn't accepting my main email address. When I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by PeterHill31987, Feb 7, 2021.

1. When I try to recover my username/email for Microsoft store, and put in my phone number,...

Just downloaded itunes and tried to install it from Microsoft store. I was asked to sign in, but it wasn't accepting my main email address. When I
    decided to recover my username I was sent a code to my phone number. I inputted that number and then I was shown two lines partially omitted
    with *****'s.

The first line was an email address that did not belong to me. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***.

The second line said 'ss********' which is also not recognizable to me in the slightest.

Don't really know where to bring this up, so I thought I'd start here.

Thanks in advance.

:)

PeterHill31987, Feb 7, 2021
  2. Kari Win User

Microsoft account and phone number linked

Microsoft account password recovery requires two verification codes being sent using two different verification methods. Each Microsoft account has at least two verification methods, the phone number and additional email address which are asked and required when you set up a new Microsoft account with a new hotmail.com or outlook.com email or using a third party email.

When the thief who got your phone tries to recover your password, all your verification methods / security info phone numbers and email addresses will be listed for him to select one. OK, the thief naturally selects your phone number, gets the code sent as a text message, and enters it.

But, clicking Next after entering the code he needs to select another security info contact (phone / email) from the list to receive second verification code.

Password recovery is not possible with just your phone, the system is clever enough to make it impossible by requiring two codes being sent to two different phones and / or emails.

You can add as many phone numbers and email address as you wish as security info contacts at https://account.live.com/proofs/mana...&refp=security. I wholeheartedly recommend that you add at least another security email address; if you only have one phone number and one email added, those which were required when you set up the Microsoft account, and that thief got your phone, the recovery would be as impossible to you as it is to him, you both having access to just one of required two verification methods.

Kari, Feb 7, 2021
  3. Nvarvil Win User
    Recover your username result screen won’t let me sign-in. Windows 10

When I opened my laptop today, I was shown a list of new things I could do with Windows 10. When I tried to go past that, I was asked to sign in. A screen said i needed be sure I was using the correct username. I had a text sent to me with email address confirmation code which I entered on online screen.
    A screen now says
    Microsoft
    Recover your username

Xxx xxx xxxx (my phone number) is associated with the following username:

My correct email address is listed under that.

The Sign-in button below that on the right is grayed out and won’t let me sign in. I have shut down and restarted my computer and also waited an hour.

How can I get my computer to let me sign in?

Nvarvil, Feb 7, 2021
  4. Tetsujin Win User

When I try to recover my username/email for Microsoft store, and put in my phone number,...

How can I un-link my current Microsoft account that is tagged to my Windows activation license and link it to a new Microsoft account?

You don't make a new account & try to move your entitlements to it, you change the email address associated with the original account.

From Microsoft Support - Change the email address or phone number for your Microsoft account

Tetsujin, Feb 7, 2021
Thema:

When I try to recover my username/email for Microsoft store, and put in my phone number,...

1. When I try to recover my username/email for Microsoft store, and put in my phone number,... - Similar Threads - try recover username

2. When I tried to put my phone number in microsoft rewards to redeem something, it keeps...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I tried to put my phone number in microsoft rewards to redeem something, it keeps...: When I tried to redeem a gift card on Microsoft Rewards, I had to put my phone number in and when I did it keep on showing the message "That verification method isn't working right now. Please try another method." I think the problem might be that I used this same phone...
  3. When I tried to put my phone number in microsoft rewards to redeem something, it keeps...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I tried to put my phone number in microsoft rewards to redeem something, it keeps...: When I tried to redeem a gift card on Microsoft Rewards, I had to put my phone number in and when I did it keep on showing the message "That verification method isn't working right now. Please try another method." I think the problem might be that I used this same phone...
  4. i cannot redeem my microsoft points it was asking to add my phone number but when i try to...

i cannot redeem my microsoft points it was asking to add my phone number but when i try to...: issue in redeeming the microsoft points? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-redeem-my-microsoft-points-it-was-asking/2ecc5af1-600f-45cb-826d-139bdb4bfe27
  5. My Microsoft email, password and phone number got changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft email, password and phone number got changed: My details for my account got hacked, I have spent a lot of money on Microsoft and have a lot of valuable stuff on that Microsoft account please help....
  6. My Microsoft email, password and phone number got changed

My Microsoft email, password and phone number got changed: My details for my account got hacked, I have spent a lot of money on Microsoft and have a lot of valuable stuff on that Microsoft account please help....
  7. im trying to sigh into minecraft an it wont work when i put my phone number in the sigh in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    im trying to sigh into minecraft an it wont work when i put my phone number in the sigh in...: im trying to sigh into minecraft an it wont work when i put my phone number in the sigh in thing its not doing it an it wont let me do anything...
  8. im trying to sigh into minecraft an it wont work when i put my phone number in the sigh in...

im trying to sigh into minecraft an it wont work when i put my phone number in the sigh in...: im trying to sigh into minecraft an it wont work when i put my phone number in the sigh in thing its not doing it an it wont let me do anything...
  9. I forgot the username, but I cannot recover it with my alternate email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot the username, but I cannot recover it with my alternate email: I forgot my username, but I cannot recover it with my alernate email. The support will not help me. why do I pay all the money for such poor service...
  10. I forgot the username, but I cannot recover it with my alternate email

I forgot the username, but I cannot recover it with my alternate email: I forgot my username, but I cannot recover it with my alernate email. The support will not help me. why do I pay all the money for such poor service...