Windows 10: When I try to sign in, I get a response saying that I asked to change my phone number of my...

Discus and support When I try to sign in, I get a response saying that I asked to change my phone number of my... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I try to sign in, I don't get the password box, but get a box saying that "I had asked to change my security phone number", so when I try to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Sandypup, Feb 12, 2022.

1. Sandypup Win User

When I try to sign in, I get a response saying that I asked to change my phone number of my...

When I try to sign in, I don't get the password box, but get a box saying that "I had asked to change my security phone number", so when I try to change it, it tells me that "You can't access this site right now", so how do I change it???

:)

Sandypup, Feb 12, 2022
  2. JunkBear Win User

Outlook asking cellphone number

No need to verify. My number is more important than mails i receive. Canada dont allow service providers to sell phone numbers list anyway.

JunkBear, Feb 12, 2022
  3. twilyth Win User
    Blocking Cell Phone Numbers

Here's one way to get around the problem. It's kludgy but it should work.

Get a VOIP based phone service or a magic jack. For 24/7 access, you're better off with VOIP that uses an ethernet adapter, but that's up to the user.

The important point is to find one that lets you create your own "black list" of callers. Usually they will have both black and white list options and these are usually a subcategory under the "do not disturb" or similar feature.

The provider will usually let you create a second number for $5-10 per month. You'll use this for your cell phone number. If it is ever compromised, you can change it easily without affecting the base number.

Forward the second number to your cell phone and give everyone that one as your "cell phone" number. There will be a delay of a few seconds as calls get routed, but who cares. It's not like any of us is on Obama's speed dial right?

Now when you get assholes calling you, just add them to the black list.

You can also block calls w/o caller id this way if your cell phone co. doesn't already do that for you.

twilyth, Feb 12, 2022
  4. When I try to sign in, I get a response saying that I asked to change my phone number of my...

Want to change phone number in Microsoft account

To add a new email address or phone number as an alias:

Sign in to Manage how you sign in to Microsoft with your Microsoft account. If you’re having issues signing in to your Microsoft account, go to Microsoft account help.

Note

You may be prompted to enter your Microsoft account password, or to enter a code sent to the email address or phone number listed in your account's security information. By providing this info to us, we know the request is coming from you.

Under the Account aliases section, select either Add email or Add phone number.

If you selected Add a phone number, go to step 5. If you selected Add email, choose whether to add:

A new email address. Select Create a new email address and add it as an alias, and then follow the instructions.

A non-Microsoft email address (such as an @gmail.com or @yahoo.com email address). Select Add an existing email address as a Microsoft account alias, and then select Add alias.

After you've added the email address, you'll be asked to verify that you're the account owner:

Select Verify next to the new alias. A message is sent to the account for verification.

After you receive the message, select the included link to confirm that you own the account.

If you selected Add a phone number, follow these steps:

Select your country from the list.

Enter the phone number you want to use, and then select Next.

When you add a new phone number, we'll send a text message to that number to verify it. Enter the code from the text message, and then select Next.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/12407/...

sunil parmar, Feb 12, 2022
Thema:

When I try to sign in, I get a response saying that I asked to change my phone number of my...

1. When I try to sign in, I get a response saying that I asked to change my phone number of my... - Similar Threads - try sign response

2. When I try to add my phone number to my account, I get this message: "This alias cannot be...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I try to add my phone number to my account, I get this message: "This alias cannot be...: I've also tried through Microsoft Rewards and I'm just told to try later. This is on my account page. It allows me to go through the process of adding my number but tells me to add a different alias after. My phone number has never been added to any other Microsoft account....
  3. When I try to add my phone number to my account, I get this message: "This alias cannot be...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I try to add my phone number to my account, I get this message: "This alias cannot be...: I've also tried through Microsoft Rewards and I'm just told to try later. This is on my account page. It allows me to go through the process of adding my number but tells me to add a different alias after. My phone number has never been added to any other Microsoft account....
  4. i cannot redeem my microsoft points it was asking to add my phone number but when i try to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cannot redeem my microsoft points it was asking to add my phone number but when i try to...: issue in redeeming the microsoft points? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-redeem-my-microsoft-points-it-was-asking/2ecc5af1-600f-45cb-826d-139bdb4bfe27
  5. i cannot redeem my microsoft points it was asking to add my phone number but when i try to...

i cannot redeem my microsoft points it was asking to add my phone number but when i try to...: issue in redeeming the microsoft points? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-redeem-my-microsoft-points-it-was-asking/2ecc5af1-600f-45cb-826d-139bdb4bfe27
  6. i can't sign in in my computer because i changed my phone number in settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can't sign in in my computer because i changed my phone number in settings: recently i changed my phone number that end with ******12 but somehow i can't get in my computer anymore cause i get a screen that tells me 'is this you'? and it asks for a code but i can't get the code because it is sending to my old phone number that end with *****78. this...
  7. i can't sign in in my computer because i changed my phone number in settings

i can't sign in in my computer because i changed my phone number in settings: recently i changed my phone number that end with ******12 but somehow i can't get in my computer anymore cause i get a screen that tells me 'is this you'? and it asks for a code but i can't get the code because it is sending to my old phone number that end with *****78. this...
  8. i can't sign in in my computer because i changed my phone number in settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. When I try to sign in, I get a response saying that I asked to change my phone number of my...

When I try to sign in, I get a response saying that I asked to change my phone number of my...: When I try to sign in, I don't get the password box, but get a box saying that "I had asked to change my security phone number", so when I try to change it, it tells me that "You can't access this site right now", so how do I change it???...
  10. When I try to sign in, I get a response saying that I asked to change my phone number of my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I try to sign in, I get a response saying that I asked to change my phone number of my...: When I try to sign in, I don't get the password box, but get a box saying that "I had asked to change my security phone number", so when I try to change it, it tells me that "You can't access this site right now", so how do I change it???...