Windows 10: When I try to start up my computer, Windows 10 crashes

Discus and support When I try to start up my computer, Windows 10 crashes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Last night (august 6th 2018) my computer while booting into windows began crashing to a blue screen with no error code showing, after running an error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TwilightSnStar, Aug 7, 2018.

1. When I try to start up my computer, Windows 10 crashes

Last night (august 6th 2018) my computer while booting into windows began crashing to a blue screen with no error code showing, after running an error report the computer would reload trying to first repair the errors, and when that failed to work the computer allowed me to choose advanced options to try and repair the problem.. After trying each option in the list, I ended last night with completely erasing everything and reinstalling windows on the computer. This morning when I woke up thinking that I would get everything set up with a fresh windows install, I find that my computer is on a windows lock screen, trying to use the keyboard or mouse here did not work at all. I set the computer to reboot again using the power button on the computer to shut it off and turn it back on after a count of 5, when it began booting it froze in the middle of the boot going into a blue screen with no error code listed, only to restart and follow into the exact same pattern. My computer will not even load the various repair options..

:)

TwilightSnStar, Aug 7, 2018
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Aug 7, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 7, 2018
  4. When I try to start up my computer, Windows 10 crashes

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Aug 7, 2018
Thema:

When I try to start up my computer, Windows 10 crashes

1. When I try to start up my computer, Windows 10 crashes - Similar Threads - try start computer

2. Windows 11 crashes when start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 crashes when start up: I have Lenovo LOQ15 Win11. After windows update, system performed an update and computer started to crash with a blue screen as soon as windows 11 opened. It generally crash 2 times then works normally. Can you help me to identify the problem and solution?...
  3. My Windows keeps crashing when I try to start it up: "CRITICAL PROCESS DIED"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Windows keeps crashing when I try to start it up: "CRITICAL PROCESS DIED": My laptop suddenly crashed when I turned it on, it then crashed a second time as it restarted, then a third, and a fourth, and a fifth... I couldn't start up my laptop anymore. I tried to reset the computer to an earlier version, as it had suggested me, but that proved...
  4. My Windows keeps crashing when I try to start it up: "CRITICAL PROCESS DIED"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows keeps crashing when I try to start it up: "CRITICAL PROCESS DIED": My laptop suddenly crashed when I turned it on, it then crashed a second time as it restarted, then a third, and a fourth, and a fifth... I couldn't start up my laptop anymore. I tried to reset the computer to an earlier version, as it had suggested me, but that proved...
  5. My Windows keeps crashing when I try to start it up: "CRITICAL PROCESS DIED"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Issues when I try to start my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues when I try to start my computer.: My Hardware:MB: MPG B550 GAMING PLUG MS-7C56CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X3DRam: DDR4 32GB 2x16GB 3600MHz PC4-28800 CL18GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTPSU: RM850X 80 PLUS GOLDMonitor 1: GIGABYTE G34WQC A 34" 3440 x 1440 21:9Monitor 2: Sceptre 30" C305B-200UN1 2560x1080 21:9 I have fully...
  7. Issues when I try to start my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues when I try to start my computer.: My Hardware:MB: MPG B550 GAMING PLUG MS-7C56CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X3DRam: DDR4 32GB 2x16GB 3600MHz PC4-28800 CL18GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTPSU: RM850X 80 PLUS GOLDMonitor 1: GIGABYTE G34WQC A 34" 3440 x 1440 21:9Monitor 2: Sceptre 30" C305B-200UN1 2560x1080 21:9 I have fully...
  8. Pop ups when starting up my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pop ups when starting up my computer: Whenever I start up my computer there is a small box that appears and then disappears and I don’t know how to get rid of it. Is this a virus or some type of malware? And if it is how do I get rid of it....
  9. My computer crashes when I try to run a game!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer crashes when I try to run a game!!!!: When I open a graphically demanding game like for example rainbow 6 siege, war thunder, modern warfare, etc. The game will run for a limited amount of time, usually 1 minute, and then my computer with shut down and then restart. My computer almost always powers off when I...
  10. Windows 10 BSoD when trying to start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 BSoD when trying to start up: Hi, So I recently built a computer and everything was fine for the last 4 months. Just the other day though the computer crashed and gave me a "KMODE_EXCEPTION" error. Ok, I thought, probably a driver problem. I go to reboot it and as soon as it gets to the windows screen...