Windows 10: when i try to uninstall the update KB5036892 after i hide the update and showed it so i can...

Discus and support when i try to uninstall the update KB5036892 after i hide the update and showed it so i can... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; (ever since i use that wushowhide program to hide it and couldnt uninstall it so i showed it and it still wouldnt work since i am a gamer this is a big... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BX_5, May 18, 2024.

1. /u/BX_5 Win User

when i try to uninstall the update KB5036892 after i hide the update and showed it so i can...

(ever since i use that wushowhide program to hide it and couldnt uninstall it so i showed it and it still wouldnt work since i am a gamer this is a big problem for me)

submitted by /u/BX_5
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BX_5, May 18, 2024
  2. Mike327 Win User

How can I successfully install the April 2024 cumulative update KB5036892 for Windows 10?

I have the same problem with KB5036892 and tried everything that was suggested. After screwing around with it for 3 days I did an image restore on my laptop. After the restore I disabled my internet connection for this laptop and used a Microsoft utility to hide this update so it doesn't try to install it. Now my laptop is back up and running as before except without the KB5036892 update. I will keep it hidden until Microsoft or someone comes up with a fix. You can find the "Hide or Show Windows Update" .diagcab at https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/8280-hide-show-windows-updates-windows-10-a.html

Mike327, May 18, 2024
  3. rebop Win User
    Windows Show Hide not hiding 2004 feature update

Show/Hide has always worked for me. Yesterday I had about 10 updates show. I want to install all BUT the 2004 Feature Update, so hid that in Show/Hide. It shows as hidden there, but when I check Windows Update again the next day, it is still listed. Normally, it would not be and all other updates would be. Now all are there and I do not yet care to install the feature update.

Any ideas / suggestions?

Thanks.

Win 10 1909

rebop, May 18, 2024
  4. when i try to uninstall the update KB5036892 after i hide the update and showed it so i can...

How can I successfully install the April 2024 cumulative update KB5036892 for Windows 10?

I update successfully with automatic updates every month, usually with no problem. But this month, the cumulative update KB5036892 will not install. This is the message I get:

Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later. Error code: (0x8007000d)

I tried the following to fix it:

• Ran the Windows Update Troubleshooter
    • Tried the standalone installer using the download from the Microsoft Update Catalog for KB5036892
    • Ran sfc /scannow and verified there are no integrity problems in system files
    • Ran the Shawn Brink WuReset2.0.bat script available on answers.microsoft.com

After each fix listed above, I rebooted and ran Windows Update or the standalone installer again, but I always get the same error message listed above, with error code 0x8007000d.

Details of the Windows 10 installation:

• Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590S CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz
    • Installed RAM 8.00 GB
    • System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
    • Pen and touch Pen and touch support with 10 touch points
    • Edition Windows 10 Pro
    • The system has worked well with Windows 10 ever since it was upgraded to Windows 10 in 2016, and has been regularly updated with automatic updates with no serious issues over the last eight years until now
    • Windows is running in a virtual environment (Xen), and the only problem this has caused is the KB5034441 WinRE update fails to install. The Disk management utility shows that the installation has a 511 MB Recovery Partition, but I presume it is not configured such that Windows Update can install KB5034441. Does the KB5036892 update depend on KB5034441 being installed correctly? I don't want to spend time fixing my system so KB5034441 installs successfully on my system unless KB5036892 requires that KB5034441 is installed.

So I am stumped now, and ask for suggestions about how to get my installation updated with the latest security patches contained in KB5036892. If it is necessary to fix my WinRE partition so KB5034441 can install, I also ask for suggestions on how to manually fix the WinRE partition so KB5034441 installs successfully.

Thank you.

Chuck Zmudzinski, May 18, 2024
Thema:

when i try to uninstall the update KB5036892 after i hide the update and showed it so i can...

1. when i try to uninstall the update KB5036892 after i hide the update and showed it so i can... - Similar Threads - try uninstall update

2. I can't find the app VirtualBox to uninstall so I can update my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't find the app VirtualBox to uninstall so I can update my computer: I want to update my computer but I can't because I says i have VirtualBox installed but I don't have it. I have tried to do what was said in CALVIN021's post but one of the links I guess don't work and if I can get help with his I will really appreciate it....
  3. I can't find the app VirtualBox to uninstall so I can update my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't find the app VirtualBox to uninstall so I can update my computer: I want to update my computer but I can't because I says i have VirtualBox installed but I don't have it. I have tried to do what was said in CALVIN021's post but one of the links I guess don't work and if I can get help with his I will really appreciate it....
  4. I can't find the app VirtualBox to uninstall so I can update my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how can I hide unwanted updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I hide unwanted updates: I have updates for an old 2007 MS Project. How do I get rid of , or hide, the updates? I uninstalled Project 2007.Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites KB2767916The 2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 3 SP3Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1...
  6. how can I hide unwanted updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can I hide unwanted updates: I have updates for an old 2007 MS Project. How do I get rid of , or hide, the updates? I uninstalled Project 2007.Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites KB2767916The 2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 3 SP3Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1...
  7. when i try to update to windows 10 21H1 this thing pops up i tried uninstalling and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    when i try to update to windows 10 21H1 this thing pops up i tried uninstalling and...: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/omyns7zgctl61.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=d50425ab7bf519c2e1c5709643d586b17e5f339a submitted by /u/helicopternumber12 [link] [comments]...
  8. how can i uninstall updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how can i uninstall updates: i have recently installed some driver updates for my windows 10 laptop and after the update , my bluetooth stopped working and i also ran the bluetooth troubleshooter but it was giving a error that my laptop is not bluetooth capable but it was working fine before the driver...
  9. Apps crashing after 1903 update, Can I uninstall 1903 update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Apps crashing after 1903 update, Can I uninstall 1903 update?: I just noticed that when I update my windows to the latest version. (1903). *Im using windows 10 pro* Some of my apps is crashing, sometimes its *not responding* - Bittorrent - Burp suite (other software that requires java(jre)) - Sometimes the windows settings can't...
  10. I am trying to uninstall Firefox 56. so I can downgrade to 48.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I am trying to uninstall Firefox 56. so I can downgrade to 48.: I am trying to uninstall FF 56 so that I can install FF 48. I am getting the error that I don't have permissions of administrator to uninstall this. I am getting the same error when I try to install FF 48. I am the administrator as I just got this computer a couple months...