Windows 10: When I try to upgrade from 7 to 10 the tool opens, runs but closes out in the middle of...

Discus and support When I try to upgrade from 7 to 10 the tool opens, runs but closes out in the middle of... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Split from this thread. When I try to upgrade from 7 to 10 the tool opens, runs but closes out in the middle of upgrading each time. I meet the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by joshk84, Jan 12, 2020.

1. joshk84 Win User

When I try to upgrade from 7 to 10 the tool opens, runs but closes out in the middle of...

Split from this thread.​

When I try to upgrade from 7 to 10 the tool opens, runs but closes out in the middle of upgrading each time. I meet the requirements and have tried in safe mode, made a thumb drive and tried, updated my pc and all drivers to to make sure, ran a disk test in the CMD promt and still no luck. Anyone no a solution other than doing a fresh install? I really need to keep the apps and such on this device.

:)

joshk84, Jan 12, 2020
  2. lse123 Win User

is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool said all OK and continued OK with upgrade... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all OK for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?
    and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

lse123, Jan 12, 2020
  3. I2Believe Win User
    Sony Sound Forge 7 won't open since Windows 10 upgrade

Tried to open my registered Sony Sound Forge 7 software program today and realized that since Windows 10 upgrade, like some other software programs affected, this one won't open.

(1) Tried some of the suggestions in regedit but didn't see all of the Sony entries listed in the steps

(2) Tried opening with "run as administrator" - didn't work.

Any suggestions?

I2Believe, Jan 12, 2020
  4. When I try to upgrade from 7 to 10 the tool opens, runs but closes out in the middle of...

is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but
    the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool says all ok and continued ok... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all ok for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?

and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)

is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

Lse123polis, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

When I try to upgrade from 7 to 10 the tool opens, runs but closes out in the middle of...

1. When I try to upgrade from 7 to 10 the tool opens, runs but closes out in the middle of... - Similar Threads - try upgrade tool

2. cannot upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10. tried to run the tool, get error message...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10. tried to run the tool, get error message...: cannot upgrade from windows 7 home premium to windows 10. tried to run the upgrade tool, get error message 0x80072F8F-0x2000. used run as administrator, all reqs are satisfied....
  3. cannot upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10. tried to run the tool, get error message...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10. tried to run the tool, get error message...: cannot upgrade from windows 7 home premium to windows 10. tried to run the upgrade tool, get error message 0x80072F8F-0x2000. used run as administrator, all reqs are satisfied....
  4. cannot upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10. tried to run the tool, get error message...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. when I try to run Windows media creation tool to upgrade my windows 7 to 10 I get error...

when I try to run Windows media creation tool to upgrade my windows 7 to 10 I get error...: when I try to run Windows media creation tool to upgrade my windows 7 to 10 I get error 0x80072F8F-0x2000 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-run-windows-media-creation-tool-to/2a68b42a-ad0b-42d4-a560-3e9629eb5eb6
  6. when I try to run Windows media creation tool to upgrade my windows 7 to 10 I get error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when I try to run Windows media creation tool to upgrade my windows 7 to 10 I get error...: when I try to run Windows media creation tool to upgrade my windows 7 to 10 I get error 0x80072F8F-0x2000 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-run-windows-media-creation-tool-to/2a68b42a-ad0b-42d4-a560-3e9629eb5eb6
  7. when I try to run Windows media creation tool to upgrade my windows 7 to 10 I get error...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 media creation tool crashes when trying to run and upgrade windows 7 home premium.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 media creation tool crashes when trying to run and upgrade windows 7 home premium.: I am trying to upgrade windows 7 home premium to windows 10. It says to download the media creation tool after getting a license first. I purchased a license from Microsoft and then went to download the windows 10 media creation tool but it crashes with an unknown error code....
  9. Stuck at the middle of upgrading from win 7 to 10

Stuck at the middle of upgrading from win 7 to 10: So yesterday i tried to upgrade my laptop from windows 7 to 10. First it took some time but at last it was totally completed and showed up new settings for win 10.suddenly it stopped and showed me the automatic repair windows. that i was asked to enter an account password...
  10. Trying to upgrade from 7 to 10

Trying to upgrade from 7 to 10: The install program is telling me I have devices that are not compatible. I found a new driver for the graphics card, but can't find one for the IDE Controller. It is a CMD PCI-0649 Ultra DMA IDE Controller. Anyone know where I can find a driver? I'm not interested in a...