Windows 10: When I try to view file info in a photograph using the Photos App in Windows 10, the app...

Discus and support When I try to view file info in a photograph using the Photos App in Windows 10, the app... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello! I wasted so much time on this today, I hope someone can help me. Something new changed recently in my photos App in Windows 10. I was trying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CarolJW1, May 30, 2019.

1. CarolJW1 Win User

When I try to view file info in a photograph using the Photos App in Windows 10, the app...

Hello! I wasted so much time on this today, I hope someone can help me. Something new changed recently in my photos App in Windows 10. I was trying to view the location map where a photo was taken, and when I clicked on the file info for the photo, it caused the Photos App to crash. It happened on new photos as well as photos where I was previously able to view this information. So I started by updating Windows software and I restarted my computer. Then I tried the trouble shooter, then resetting the app, and repairing it as described here: https://filmora.wondershare.com/windows-10-photos/windows-10-photos-app-crashes.html, but neither of those worked. I restarted my computer after each. Before I waste anymore time on this, I wanted to see if this is a known new bug and if microsoft is aware of the issue and what they suggest. Thanks!

Carol

:)

CarolJW1, May 30, 2019

2. Windows 10 photos app

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with accessing photos in Photo app, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Since reinstalling the app does not work, this issue might be due to corrupted system files.

Step 1: Run SFC scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Step 2: To check if there is any problem with the app, I suggest you to run Windows Store App troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter, troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar on the Taskbar.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click on Windows Store Apps.

• Select “Advance” and click on “Run as Administrator”.

• Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 30, 2019
  3. Deleting Random image files from Photos App, Windows 10

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for writing tom Microsoft Community Forums.

Photos app in Windows 10 gathers photos from your PC, phone, OneDrive and other devices, and puts them in one place, where you can more easily find what you’re looking for. Please refer

See all your photos
    for more details.

We would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and try deleting the source folder of the image file from the Photos App.

1. Open Photos App.
    2. Click on the image you want delete to full view.
    3. Right click on the image in full view and select
      File info.
    4. Check and make a note of Folder Path of the image file.
    5. Then go back by clicking on back arrow at the top left corner.
    6. Click on Ellipsis icon at top right corner and choose
      Settings.
    7. Click on X button on noted folder path in the list of folder paths under
      Here is the list of what we have found so far and check.

Regards,

Manjunath_H, May 30, 2019
  4. When I try to view file info in a photograph using the Photos App in Windows 10, the app...

File Explorer Crashes and unable to access Photo App

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you while accessing the photos from Photo App, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to copy the photos files to a different location and try to upload it as a profile picture on Outlook account and check if you are able to do it.

If the issue still persist, suggest you to troubleshoot the Photo App.

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Windows Store Apps.
    • Select “Advance” and click on “Run as Administrator”.

• Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

If the issue persists then follow the below method:

Method 2: I would recommend you to uninstall the Photo app
    using Windows PowerShell command and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in
      the search bar.

• Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.

• Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.
    • get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    After performing the above steps, install the Photo app from the Windows store.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Photos app for Windows help.

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, May 30, 2019
Thema:

When I try to view file info in a photograph using the Photos App in Windows 10, the app...

1. When I try to view file info in a photograph using the Photos App in Windows 10, the app... - Similar Threads - try view file

2. Windows 10 user cannot use Photos app to view photo files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 user cannot use Photos app to view photo files: Opening photo files .png and .jpg originally defaulted to Paint however after uninstalling Paint, photos now default to another piece of photo editing software. I have been into properties of the photo files and into default apps in settings however there is no option on this...
  3. Windows 10 user cannot use Photos app to view photo files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 user cannot use Photos app to view photo files: Opening photo files .png and .jpg originally defaulted to Paint however after uninstalling Paint, photos now default to another piece of photo editing software. I have been into properties of the photo files and into default apps in settings however there is no option on this...
  4. No jpg file info in Photos app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No jpg file info in Photos app.: File data, in particular GPS data, does not seem to be accessible using the Photos app in my Windows 11 Lenovo laptop purchased Nov. 2021. I can find file info by using the "properties" option, but not by using the Photos app. I do not see an option for file info in the...
  5. No jpg file info in Photos app.

No jpg file info in Photos app.: File data, in particular GPS data, does not seem to be accessible using the Photos app in my Windows 11 Lenovo laptop purchased Nov. 2021. I can find file info by using the "properties" option, but not by using the Photos app. I do not see an option for file info in the...
  6. viewing photographs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    viewing photographs: I have windows 10 home computer. I want to see the photographs that are on a dvd or cd. How can I get to them to see them? I have read the steps to take from a couple of articles but MY COMPUTER will not let me access the steps other people have done. I need to see what is...
  7. Windows 10 Photo App . Sorting and viewing photo's by file name

Windows 10 Photo App . Sorting and viewing photo's by file name: Hi, how do I sort my photo's alphabetically in the MS Win 10 Photo App ( MS Photos 2019.19071.17920.0 ) The folders allow sorting by Oldest and Newest only. I have hundreds of photos in several folders that I want sorting and viewing by title ( file name ) On my old...
  8. When I try to view file info in a photograph using the Photos App in Windows 10, the app...

When I try to view file info in a photograph using the Photos App in Windows 10, the app...: Hello! I am reposting this as I only received one suggestion and it did not work. I hope someone can help me. Something new changed recently in my photos App in Windows 10. I was trying to view the location map where a photo was taken, and when I clicked on the file info...
  9. Windows 10 Photos App - Not deleting photographs

Windows 10 Photos App - Not deleting photographs: Photos recently started to fail to delete photographs reliably - it behaves as if has deleted a photograph but the file is still there. Have tried Resetting the app but the problem keeps recurring....
  10. Photo viewing app

Photo viewing app: There is a new windows Photos app that should be part of the standard set of apps with the install. Paint3D can be used to edit images but the photos app should still be there 115150