Windows 10: When I turn my TV on then my PC speakers constantly pop

Discus and support When I turn my TV on then my PC speakers constantly pop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have speakers plugged into my PC and then a main monitor and a TV as a secondary monitor, whenever I turn my TV on after my PC has booted up then my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Cbblade36, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Cbblade36 Win User

When I turn my TV on then my PC speakers constantly pop

I have speakers plugged into my PC and then a main monitor and a TV as a secondary monitor, whenever I turn my TV on after my PC has booted up then my speakers will pop with all the audio that plays through it. If I then restart (or turn my PC on while the TV is on) then my speakers will work properly again, this isn't an issue with the speakers as it won't pop if I just keep the TV turned off, it's something about the TV that causes this issue.

I don't care about the TV audio and I have even disabled the audio drivers for the TV to try and fix this issue, it hasn't helped at all.

So is there anything specific that I can do to get past this issue without having to restart my PC everytime I turn my TV on?

I'm using the latest version of Windows and through the past 5 major updates this has continued to be an issue.

:)

Cbblade36, Oct 12, 2020

2. I have to reboot to enable my TV speakers

Hardware List:
    • PC: Acer Aspire t3-605 with Windows 10
    • TV: Pioneer Elite (connected to PC via HDMI)

• PC speakers connected to back of PC
    When I switch from my TV speakers to the PC speakers and turn off my TV, I have to reboot to switch back to my TV speakers.
    If I don't turn off my TV, I can switch back and forth without issue.
    I change speakers using the using the Sound applet in Control Panel.
    Once I turn off my TV, I can't see the TV speakers listed in the Sound applet.
    When I check Device Manager (in Control Panel), there's a yellow triangle with an exclamation point on High Definition Audio Controller (under System Devices).

In Event Viewer, on the General tab is:

Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0C0C&SUBSYS_07931025&REV_06\3&11583659&0&18 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: hdaudbus.inf

Class Guid: {4d36e97d-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

Service: HDAudBus

Lower Filters:

Upper Filters:

Problem: 0xA

I tried updating the driver but it is always the latest.
    To resolve the issue, I uninstall the driver and reboot.

Is there anything I can do to resolve this issue?

ashwinanimal0, Oct 12, 2020
  3. Sound issues after connecting my TV to my PC using HDMI cable

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to refer to the mentioned steps and se if it works:

• Connect your Laptop to the TV and turn everything on
    • Right click on the speaker icon, on the task bar.
    • Choose Playback Devices. (You will need to be connected to your TV first to see it listed here).
    • Click the Properties Button with the TV highlighted in the list
    • Click the "Advanced" tab
    • Here you can set the default format for audio playback.

• By default this will be set to the highest quality . You can try each level and use the "Test" button to see if it works.

Hope this helps.

Anusha Verma, Oct 12, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

Speaker pops when appliances turn on.

i think the best solution is to turn up the volume on the PC, and down on the speakers. less amplified, the noises will be.

Mussels, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

1. When I turn my TV on then my PC speakers constantly pop - Similar Threads - turn speakers constantly

2. I can't use my TV's speakers as an output

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't use my TV's speakers as an output: I am on Windows 11 and I use my TV as a 2nd monitor and sometimes I use my TV's speakers as an output when I want to watch YouTube, Netflix, etc. in my bed, but since yesterday it doesn't show up as an output, however my TV is getting detected and works fine as the 2nd...
  3. I can't use my TV's speakers as an output

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't use my TV's speakers as an output: I am on Windows 11 and I use my TV as a 2nd monitor and sometimes I use my TV's speakers as an output when I want to watch YouTube, Netflix, etc. in my bed, but since yesterday it doesn't show up as an output, however my TV is getting detected and works fine as the 2nd...
  4. Can i pair my logitech300 speaker with my tv

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i pair my logitech300 speaker with my tv: Can i pair my logitech 300 speaker with my tv? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-pair-my-logitech300-speaker-with-my-tv/b258c605-de27-4b29-92ed-4012b3c8143c
  5. Can i pair my logitech300 speaker with my tv

Can i pair my logitech300 speaker with my tv: Can i pair my logitech 300 speaker with my tv? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-pair-my-logitech300-speaker-with-my-tv/b258c605-de27-4b29-92ed-4012b3c8143c
  6. I want to set my TV's speakers for any app on the TV automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to set my TV's speakers for any app on the TV automatically: I have a monitor and a long HDMI cable connecting my TV to my computer. What I want is a way to automatically use my TV's speakers when I move a YT video or a movie onto the TV without having to manually change my audio output device....
  7. I want to set my TV's speakers for any app on the TV automatically

I want to set my TV's speakers for any app on the TV automatically: I have a monitor and a long HDMI cable connecting my TV to my computer. What I want is a way to automatically use my TV's speakers when I move a YT video or a movie onto the TV without having to manually change my audio output device....
  8. Sound reverts to PC speakers when TV switched off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound reverts to PC speakers when TV switched off: Equipment LG TV <===> Pioneer AV AMP <===> Radeon card in HP Z600 <===> HDMI Monitor Windows 10 Pro I want use Netflix , Youtube, Groove etc on my TV with the sound going through my HiFi speakers. I also watch Netflix on my TV originating from my PC. Netflix on a PC...
  9. BSOD when I turned on my PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when I turned on my PC: I came home from shopping and turned on my custom built desktop PC and it gave me a BSOD. On the screen it said "system thread exception not handled". This only happened once Attachment 42119 System Spec Computer type: PC/DesktopSystem Manufacturer/Model Number:...
  10. Problems When I turn on my PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems When I turn on my PC: Hello. Whenever I turn on my PC, there is only a black screen with the mouse cursor. When I restart my PC it works but the date is set to some very random date eg. 1/3/2302. This really confuses me and I have no idea why this is happening. 28853