Windows 10: When I Turn My TV Which I Use As A Monitor My Other Monitors Flash

Discus and support When I Turn My TV Which I Use As A Monitor My Other Monitors Flash in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Sony Bravia 4K TV which I use as a 4th monitor on top of my triple 1080p monitors and when I turn the triple monitors on first everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by ArcticWolf, Oct 12, 2016.

1. When I Turn My TV Which I Use As A Monitor My Other Monitors Flash

Hi, I have a Sony Bravia 4K TV which I use as a 4th monitor on top of my triple 1080p monitors and when I turn the triple monitors on first everything is fine, but when I turn the 4K monitor on my middle and left monitor flashes, monitor 1 and 3. My tv is monitor 2 and my right monitor is 4 and that one doesn't flash. The 4k monitor is connected to HDMI, monitor 1 and monitor 3 are connected to DP, monitor 4 is connected through a DP to HDMI adapter. My GPU is an EVGA GTX 1080. Also my desktop icons get moved around sometimes when the TV turns on and F5/refresh after organizing them does not help. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks! *Biggrin

:)

ArcticWolf, Oct 12, 2016

2. Fizzle sound when tv is off even though i have computer monitor set as monitor priority

tv hooked up via hdmi on msi gtx 1080ti card. when ever i start up computer and use my regular computer monitor without turning on my tv monitor, i get this annoying fizzle sound and a notification that
    it cannot connect to tv. I never had that problem with my old tv it would just not recognize it which im fine with because im obviously not using the tv as a monitor at that moment. is there anyway to atleast address that fizzle sound, because its like my
    graphics card is trying to use sound from tv but it defaults to pc monitor and the sound is distorted?

-and if you guys are unsure what im talking about maybe you could tell me how to turn off notification sound for bluetooth and other devices
    cuz i think that might be the work-around-trick -Thx

EldonAdams III, Oct 12, 2016
  3. bnowak47 Win User
    Display settings, turning on second display

Hello,

I have two displays: monitor and tv from my computer. In the Display Settings screen, they both show up- Display 1 is the tv, display 2 if the monitor and set as main display and extends to the tv. (I'd like the renumber these as well, but that's not entirely
    important.)

I only use my tv to watch a tv show or movie. Thus, it is turned off most of the time. However, when I turn the tv on, my monitor flashes black for a moment, and if I check the Display Settings, Display 1 (the tv) disappears for about 5 seconds. Display
    2 (the monitor) shows as the only display and is thus Display 1. However, when it comes back, they revert to as described in the first paragraph.

My question is, how do I get the tv not to disappear when I turn it on in Display Settings? I never had this problem in Windows 7 so I have no idea why it's happening now (though that was with a different computer, but there shouldn't be an issue).

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

bnowak47, Oct 12, 2016
  4. Kbird Win User

When I Turn My TV Which I Use As A Monitor My Other Monitors Flash

Not really I stopped using a 43" 4K tv for these reasons and got a 32" Benq BL3200PT monitor instead.

TV in PC Mode ? ..... if it has one

TV connected at it's HDMI/DVI (pc-port?) not a standard hdmi port?

Install ICU Icon restore Utility like I did *Smile

KB.

Kbird, Oct 17, 2016
Thema:

When I Turn My TV Which I Use As A Monitor My Other Monitors Flash

1. When I Turn My TV Which I Use As A Monitor My Other Monitors Flash - Similar Threads - Turn Monitor Monitors

2. I can't use my TV as a monitor for some reason

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't use my TV as a monitor for some reason: I often connect my laptop to my TV when I watch movies but for some reason since yesterday when I connect the HDMI cable and switch the TV input to the laptop, the TV screen will say there's no signal. The laptop screen will still go dark which is normal. But sometimes when I...
  3. I can't use my TV as a monitor for some reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't use my TV as a monitor for some reason: I often connect my laptop to my TV when I watch movies but for some reason since yesterday when I connect the HDMI cable and switch the TV input to the laptop, the TV screen will say there's no signal. The laptop screen will still go dark which is normal. But sometimes when I...
  4. I can't use my TV as a monitor for some reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. The monitor does not turn on when the PC starts, until I turn on the TV connected to it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The monitor does not turn on when the PC starts, until I turn on the TV connected to it.: Two screens are connected to the computer - a Full HD monitor via DisplayPort and a 4k TV via HDMI, an Nvidia GTX 1080ti 12GB gpu, Windows 11 Pro 23H2. This happens when watching content on the TV in the "Show only on 2" mode, before turning off the PC, I return the screen...
  6. How do I use my TV as a 4k monitor without Windows treating it as a large monitor?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I use my TV as a 4k monitor without Windows treating it as a large monitor?: I have 2 23" 1080p monitors and a 45" 4k TV connected to my computer. Whenever I set my TV to run at 4k, windows treats it as a 40" monitor and only allows the mouse to move between the monitors in a 1080 pixel window where it thinks my monitors are. What I want is for it to...
  7. why when im gaming on my main monitor and i use my second monitor for something it turns...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why when im gaming on my main monitor and i use my second monitor for something it turns...: why when im gaming on my main monitor and i use my second monitor for something it turns black and turns back on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-when-im-gaming-on-my-main-monitor-and-i-use-my/8ec0cdde-616b-4876-9973-66777e58417c
  8. My monitor screen is flashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My monitor screen is flashing: my monitor screen has been flashing for about 3 days and I’ve tried almost everything to try to fix it. I am almost certain this is not my monitor since I tried another monitor and it still flashed.I still don’t know if this is a virus or hardware problem please help....
  9. Can I prevent all my screens from flashing when a new monitor is turned on?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I prevent all my screens from flashing when a new monitor is turned on?: When I turn on a TV in another room that is connected via HDMI, it causes all my monitors to flash. Is there any way to prevent this from happening? I use an NVIDIA card. submitted by /u/zWeApOnz [link] [comments]...
  10. Unable to use Monitor and TV

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to use Monitor and TV: I can use the output from the card for each separately but they will not work together. I have downloaded the latest drivers and tried all Microsoft fixes. I also went to Nvidia and they could not get it to work but said it should. Has anyone else had this problem.?...