Windows 10: When I turn on my computer it keeps resetting to default settings.

Discus and support When I turn on my computer it keeps resetting to default settings. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Last night my computer was working fine and I changed no setting at all. I shut it down at like 2am and then turned it on this morning. When it turned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/juma1324, Dec 18, 2020.

1. When I turn on my computer it keeps resetting to default settings.

Last night my computer was working fine and I changed no setting at all. I shut it down at like 2am and then turned it on this morning. When it turned on my laptop background changed to the default background, 90% of my icons are gone, it reverted to light mode instead of dark mode, I had to sign in to every account again, and whenever I restart it keeps reverting back.

I tried to follow the steps from other discussions about this issue but they were extremely complicated for me and required 3rd party applications. Does anyone know what to do I am really frustrated rn.

btw i have a Lenovo Legion 5 if anyone needs to know.

submitted by /u/juma1324
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/juma1324, Dec 18, 2020
  2. Dano 00TA Win User

Bios keeps resetting...not the battery

I'm having problems with a abit AW9D Max board in an older build of mine that keeps resetting the bios everytime I shut it down. The time is ok so I assume it's not the battery but the other settings such as Uguru setting, ram and other stuff resets to defaults*Wtf :wtf: I've had this computer for a few years with nothing like this happening till now. I'd just leave everything at default but the Uguru alarm goes off whenever I start it and I have to disable it in the bios. Any suggestions on what I can try?

Dano 00TA, Dec 18, 2020
  3. How to reset Windows 10 settings to default?

Hi,

As per your concern, some settings on Windows 10 have default options. You can reset Windows 10 to its defaults app by following this steps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose System.
    • On the left side, select Default app.

When I turn on my computer it keeps resetting to default settings. ea3e6a93-7042-4c55-9b4e-a912780c3b97.png

• Under Reset to the Microsoft recommended defaults, click Reset.
    Regarding your concern with default button on each setting, you have a great idea. We suggest that you share your comments on our Windows Feedback hub for us to improve our services. Simply type
    Windows Feedback on the Start menu.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Dec 18, 2020
  4. FAXA Win User

When I turn on my computer it keeps resetting to default settings.

Reseting monitor to default settings?

Is it possibel to reset the monitor to default settings?

My problem is that I accidently set the monitor to 100Hz, so it went black in windows. I can get into safe mode with no problems, but in normal mode the monitor stays black. Is it possible to set the Hz in safe mode? I can't access the NVIDIA control panel in safe mode, and the monitor properties say 'Use Defaults'.

Monitor model is: Dell D1226H.

Thanks

FAXA

Thema:

When I turn on my computer it keeps resetting to default settings.

1. When I turn on my computer it keeps resetting to default settings. - Similar Threads - turn computer keeps

2. My default Mic setting keeps changing when I turn on my computer in the Xbox Windows button...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My default Mic setting keeps changing when I turn on my computer in the Xbox Windows button...: I have 3 mics hooked up to my computer. A VR headset, a boom mic, and my wireless headset I turn on after I turn on my pc. The XBox window's window button + G default mic keeps switching to my VR headset where as my pc keeps it to my wireless nonVRheadset. Mind you it'll keep...
  3. My default Mic setting keeps changing when I turn on my computer in the Xbox Windows button...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My default Mic setting keeps changing when I turn on my computer in the Xbox Windows button...: I have 3 mics hooked up to my computer. A VR headset, a boom mic, and my wireless headset I turn on after I turn on my pc. The XBox window's window button + G default mic keeps switching to my VR headset where as my pc keeps it to my wireless nonVRheadset. Mind you it'll keep...
  4. Windows keeps resetting to factory default when I turn on the computer or restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps resetting to factory default when I turn on the computer or restart: Windows keeps resetting to factory default when I turn on the computer or restart, deleting any settings, files, or internet links on the computer....
  5. Windows keeps resetting to factory default when I turn on the computer or restart

Windows keeps resetting to factory default when I turn on the computer or restart: Windows keeps resetting to factory default when I turn on the computer or restart, deleting any settings, files, or internet links on the computer....
  6. [Help] My "When plugged in turn off after" setting keeps resetting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Help] My "When plugged in turn off after" setting keeps resetting: I don't know what happened but recently my "When plugged in turn off after" setting keeps changing from Never to 15 minutes by itself, even after switching it in the advanced settings it will still switch and turn off my monitor after 15 minutes, I can't find any solutions...
  7. Windows 10 settings keep resetting to defaults

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 settings keep resetting to defaults: Hello! Specs: Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit Version: 1809 Language: JA So, I am working with a Japanese language system, and settings such as the privacy settings, lock screen settings etc. keep resetting EVERY FEW HOURS! I am completely baffled by this behavior and...
  8. My Display Color Keep Resetting to Default. Randomly, or When i Turned Bluetooth On/Off, or...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Display Color Keep Resetting to Default. Randomly, or When i Turned Bluetooth On/Off, or...: This is happened since the update beyond windows 1709. I need a feature from Acer Quick Access, a Bluelight Shield. Without it, the display is hurting my eyes. But now the display keep resetting to default color. Randomly or when I press the Bluetooth toggle, or when I...
  9. Defualt settings keep resetting to default....

Defualt settings keep resetting to default....: I utilize Adobe Acrobat on a daily basis... more along the lines of around 100+ times a day, I'm opening PDF docs. Originally, Microsoft Edge was set for the default PDF viewer and web browser. I've gone into default setting and I've changed my PDF viewer to Adobe and Firefox...
  10. Resetting Sync My Settings to Default

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Resetting Sync My Settings to Default: Is it possible to reset sync my settings back to default. The only other method I could think of would be to create a new Microsoft account. Would doing that give me problems regarding the digital activation or can I just re-enter the key from my original Windows 10 box?...