Windows 10: When I turn on my computer my screen don't power on

Discus and support When I turn on my computer my screen don't power on in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Like the title said when I turn on my computer my screen don't power on, this happen today I dont know why, I need help asap.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Franki Garcia, Sep 25, 2022.

1. When I turn on my computer my screen don't power on

Like the title said when I turn on my computer my screen don't power on, this happen today I dont know why, I need help asap.

:)

Franki Garcia, Sep 25, 2022
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Use the power button to turn off the computer at Welcome screen

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to turn off computer at the Welcome screen using the power button.

Ideally, if no user has logged in to the computer, the computer will shut down by pressing the power button. However, I would suggest you to check the settings for power button. Refer the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. Press Windows key + X, and select
      Power Options.
    2. Click on Additional power settings.
    3. Now, click on Choose what power button does from the left pane.
    4. Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    5. Select Shut down from the drop down for
      When I press the power button.

If you are using Windows 10 Pro, you may also want to check the Group Policy Settings, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type gpedit.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Navigate to Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Power Management\Button Settings.
    4. On the right pane, double click on Select the Power button action (plugged in), click on
      Enabled and select Shutdown from the drop down for
      Power Button Action.
    5. Repeat step 4 for Select the Power button action (on battery).
    6. Restart the computer.

If a user has logged in to the computer and then logs off from the computer, the computer will shut down by pressing the power button. However, if a user is logged in to the computer and locks the computer using the
    Windows key + L combination, the power button will not shutdown the computer. You will have to use the power button on the lock screen to shut down the computer.

If you do not see the shutdown button, please refer the article Shutdown:
    Allow system to be shut down without having to log on

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to provide a feedback in the
    Feedback Hub. The Feedback hub lets you tell Microsoft
    about any problems you run in to while using Windows 10 and send suggestions to help us improve your Windows experience.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 25, 2022
  3. Why are computers able to run when power is turned off on power bar?

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10 Technical preview.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• What do you refer by ‘Why are computers able to run when power is turned off on power bar?’

Your question does not contain all the required information needed for us to help you. I suggest you to provide more details regarding the issue you’re facing, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Sep 25, 2022
  4. Sasqui Win User

When I turn on my computer my screen don't power on

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 25, 2022
Thema:

When I turn on my computer my screen don't power on

1. When I turn on my computer my screen don't power on - Similar Threads - turn computer screen

2. When I turn on my computer my screen doesn't power on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I turn on my computer my screen doesn't power on: Like the title said when I turn on my computer my screen doesn't power on, this happen today I dont know why, I need help asap. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-turn-on-my-computer-my-screen-doesnt-power/3073ab20-e498-4d34-a163-f50162c98e5c
  3. When I turn on my computer my screen doesn't power on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I turn on my computer my screen doesn't power on: Like the title said when I turn on my computer my screen doesn't power on, this happen today I dont know why, I need help asap. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-turn-on-my-computer-my-screen-doesnt-power/3073ab20-e498-4d34-a163-f50162c98e5c
  4. When I turn on my computer my screen doesn't power on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. When I turn on my computer my screen don't power on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I turn on my computer my screen don't power on: Like the title said when I turn on my computer my screen don't power on, this happen today I dont know why, I need help asap. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-turn-on-my-computer-my-screen-dont-power-on/3073ab20-e498-4d34-a163-f50162c98e5c
  6. When I turn on my computer my screen don't power on

When I turn on my computer my screen don't power on: Like the title said when I turn on my computer my screen don't power on, this happen today I dont know why, I need help asap. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-turn-on-my-computer-my-screen-dont-power-on/3073ab20-e498-4d34-a163-f50162c98e5c
  7. My screen turns off when I startup my computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My screen turns off when I startup my computer?: So, I’m not sure if this should be on this subreddit because I’m using an iMac. But every time I boot it up the screen goes blank and it won’t let me finish setup. I think this may be due to incorrect automatically installed drivers but I don’t know. Can anyone help?...
  8. My computer turns on but monitor don't.

My computer turns on but monitor don't.: Hello there, My comuter work properly and when i start up my computer monitor dont show any signal, and i thinking that is the cable vgargb and i put the same cable in my laptop and monitor works, i search for solutions on youtube and google and i do everything they say i...
  9. My Computer screen keeps turning off but turns on when I plug in the power cord

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Computer screen keeps turning off but turns on when I plug in the power cord: So I have a Lenovo Laptop and whenever I unplug the power cord the screen fades out as if my brightness is changing. Whenever I put in the power cord it returns to normal. But when I type or press anything it is still going through....
  10. My mainboard turns off my usb ports when i power off my computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My mainboard turns off my usb ports when i power off my computer: I need my usb ports on the front to stay on after i shut off my computer so they can charge my headphones during the night, but my mainboard shuts off the usb port so my headphones are low on battery when i wake up the next morning. I did some googling but didnt find any...