Windows 10: When I turn on my laptop, Night Light turns on for half a minute, then turns off.

Discus and support When I turn on my laptop, Night Light turns on for half a minute, then turns off. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I tried turning it on again and it says it's on when it's not. This happened after I updated my computer, the previous version was 1709, the one I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nick1Buns, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Nick1Buns Win User

When I turn on my laptop, Night Light turns on for half a minute, then turns off.

I tried turning it on again and it says it's on when it's not. This happened after I updated my computer, the previous version was 1709, the one I updated to was 1809. Please help, my eyes are looking at an awfully blue-lit screen.
    When I turn on my laptop, Night Light turns on for half a minute, then turns off. d03d17f1-94fb-4419-adac-9ebde64a58c5?upload=true.png

:)

Nick1Buns, Feb 16, 2021

2. Night Light won't turn off

I'm not the sharpest pencil in the group, and you will see why I say that. Recently I had Night Light for my laptop, and it worked well. Then I started working at night, and needed the screen to be normal again. I tried everything to turn it off to no
    avail. I tried Display, turn off Night Light, restarting the computer, going into Regedit deleting subkey settings for the blue light, then I tried uninstalling the drivers. None of those worked. Then I realized after weeks of trying to figure it out, my
    computer had an app called F.Lux, and that is what I turned on months ago, and I forgot about it. I found F.Lux, and disabled it, PC has been running fine since. Just a suggestion, maybe some app was turned on and forgotten?

JHCf10rida, Feb 16, 2021
  3. Night Light will not turn on

Hi, I have my night light settings set to turn on at sunset and turn off at sunrise but it never turns on. Even if I choose the option 'turn on now' it makes no change, it simply will not turn on. Anyone know how to fix this?

Owen Pieries, Feb 16, 2021
  4. When I turn on my laptop, Night Light turns on for half a minute, then turns off.

Night Light won't turn off

I'm using Windows 10 Home Single Language Ver 1909. I turned on Night Light mode on once, and since then i can never disable it. The on/off switch on Night Light doesn't do anything. After restarting my laptop turned back to normal but after 15-20mins
    it automatically back to Night Light mode. Can anyone please help me how to disable Night Light ??

QuanHoang3, Feb 16, 2021
Thema:

When I turn on my laptop, Night Light turns on for half a minute, then turns off.

1. When I turn on my laptop, Night Light turns on for half a minute, then turns off. - Similar Threads - turn laptop Night

2. Night Light wont turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Night Light wont turn off: I recently had my laptop repaired but for whatever reason now night light wont turn off, ive tried deleting the settings from the registry editor but they keep returning after i restart the computer, ive also tried redownloading my drivers and have even tried resetting my...
  3. Night Light won't turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Night Light won't turn off: My Night Light setting is turned off, no schedule no nothing. I have updated drivers, restarted the computer, re-installed drivers, deleted Night Light files but nothing helps. If I go to my display settings my night light will turn off and the screen will look normal, but...
  4. Night Light not turning off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night Light not turning off: Just 2 days ago the night light setting is no longer working for me, i try to disable it from action center and from settings but it keeps closing the settings window and stays on, I have tried a lot of things to help but nothing has worked so far....
  5. Night light won't turn off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Night light won't turn off: Just finished updating my windows 10 to version 1999 and I can't turn off night light off as it's turns on every time i turn on my computer. It's is turned off on settings....
  6. Unable to turn off Night Light

Unable to turn off Night Light: how do I get the night light off my computer [Moderator Edit: Changed title from " crooks at microsoft"] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-turn-off-night-light/6f21bfda-3e1a-432d-be06-ad047fdd8598
  7. Night Light Turning Off

Night Light Turning Off: I have a Surface Pro X and have been having this issue for a while now: When I turn on the Night Light and have the scheduled setting on, the night light "turns off" after my device goes to sleep for a bit and then wakes back up, even if it's after sunset. When I swipe in...
  8. Night light won't turn off

Night light won't turn off: I use a Lenovo IdeaPad S145-15IWL I have fresh installed windows, I have tried to turn off the setting, I've tried restarting my laptop, I've signed out and back in, but nothing seems to kill this annoyance of a feature. It is still here. Please help....
  9. Night Light won't turn off

Night Light won't turn off: I'm using Windows 10 Home Single Language Ver 1909. I turned on Night Light mode on once, and since then i can never disable it. The on/off switch on Night Light doesn't do anything. After restarting my laptop turned back to normal but after 15-20mins it automatically back to...
  10. Night light won't turn off

Night light won't turn off: So after the 1903 update, I have been having issues with the night light. It has been set to a schedule, which kinda helps, but once it activates I can't turn it off. A simple restart use to work until a couple of weeks ago, now that doesn't even work. Turning it off in...