Windows 10: When i turn on my pc. it says password entered too many times incorrectly.

Discus and support When i turn on my pc. it says password entered too many times incorrectly. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So what happens is. I turn on my pc then it brings me to the log in screen... All normal right? Then once i slide the screen up to log in It says... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Niall Morgan, Mar 10, 2021.

1. When i turn on my pc. it says password entered too many times incorrectly.

So what happens is.
    I turn on my pc then it brings me to the log in screen... All normal right?
    Then once i slide the screen up to log in
    It says Incorrect pin entered too many times please write A1B2C3 to continue
    but i never touched my pin or anything?

:)

Niall Morgan, Mar 10, 2021

2. Entered pin incorrectly, but now it won't accept new password

"What to do if you forget your Windows 8/8.1 password"

Change or reset your Windows password

If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:

• If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
    • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. For more info, go to the

Reset your password
      webpage.
    • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.
    If you've tried these suggestions and still can't sign in:

• If you have Windows 8.1, you'll need to reinstall Windows.

• If you have Windows RT 8.1, you'll need to contact your PC manufacturer.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Microsoft forbids any assistance being given in these Forums to help you bypass or "crack" lost or forgotten Passwords.

Here is the Microsoft Information outlining that Policy:

Keeping Passwords Secure- Microsoft Policy on Getting Around Passwords

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Mar 10, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Entering Password to login to computer after turning it on. Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check, if it helps:

• Open settings

• Click on Users and account

• Open Sign-in options and tap the
      Change button under Password.

• Enter the current password and click Next.

• There you can remove the pin password

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Mar 10, 2021
  4. wilhelm45 Win User

When i turn on my pc. it says password entered too many times incorrectly.

Having periodic PC startup problems

Because about half the time when I try to start my PC with Windows 10 it just sits there after I enter my password and click on Enter it shows a ring of dots whirling endlessly and will not progress beyond that point even though I click Enter, Esc, F12 or anything else. I must then go through the annoying time-consuming ritual below to get it to work normally. Also, the PC won’t turn off when I hit the PC power button while it is in this uncooperative condition.
    ANNOYING RITUAL STEPS:

• Turn off power strip pc is plugged into & wait 30 secs
    • Turn power strip on again
    • Turn off PC with its power button when it lights up then wait 30 secs
    • Turn on PC power AGAIN with its power button
    • Hope the PC starts normally as it should after entering password
    • Repeat annoying process if necessary although this usually works the first time
    Can anyone help me cure this annoying, time - wasting problem? Thank you very much.*Sad

wilhelm45, Mar 10, 2021
Thema:

When i turn on my pc. it says password entered too many times incorrectly.

1. When i turn on my pc. it says password entered too many times incorrectly. - Similar Threads - turn says password

2. Windows says that I have entered too many incorrect passwords and need to type in a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows says that I have entered too many incorrect passwords and need to type in a...: My PC, which I believe runs on windows 11, is prone to crashing. It crashes a lot, and I didn't think was that bad. Earlier I wanted to play some games from my dad's xbox account on my pc, and so I tried logging in on it- but it required a device specific pin that I did not...
  3. Windows says that I have entered too many incorrect passwords and need to type in a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows says that I have entered too many incorrect passwords and need to type in a...: My PC, which I believe runs on windows 11, is prone to crashing. It crashes a lot, and I didn't think was that bad. Earlier I wanted to play some games from my dad's xbox account on my pc, and so I tried logging in on it- but it required a device specific pin that I did not...
  4. You’ve entered an incorrect PIN too many times

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    You’ve entered an incorrect PIN too many times: My son tried to guess my PIN and locked it Windows 10. But I have opened documents and tasks which I can't lost. What to do? I curse this microsoft idiot which invented such stupid solution - there's many solutions - log on to account, 2FA, waiting some time - but forcing...
  5. you've entered an incorrect pin too many times

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    you've entered an incorrect pin too many times: How do I fix this " you've entered an incorrect pin too many times? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/youve-entered-an-incorrect-pin-too-many-times/c65911b9-c4b7-4af7-abda-652cd2917148
  6. Entered an Incorrect PIN too Many Times

Entered an Incorrect PIN too Many Times: Very often when my laptop goes into hibernate or I close the cover and open it up again, I am unable to log into Windows as on the Lock Screen I get the message Entered an Incorrect PIN too many Times. Strange why this has started to happen ??? Any clues MS...
  7. Says I've put in my password incorrectly too many times.

Says I've put in my password incorrectly too many times.: My Acer swift 1 which is using win 10. on the log in page it says i have logged in incorrectly too many times i have to use my microsodt password instead of my pin or fingerprint. It suggests i can leave the laptop on for four hours and try again. Which i have done and it...
  8. Entered an Incorrect PIN too Many Times

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Entered an Incorrect PIN too Many Times: i was changing my desktop pin number a simple switch i entered the correct pin nimber entered the new pin number confirmed new pin number told incorrect changed it and thought it was missing a number or symbol did it again again told incorrect did it again with...
  9. Entered Incorrect Password too many times, but never entered password

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Entered Incorrect Password too many times, but never entered password: Recently I have started receiving a message about entering an incorrect password and having to put A1B2C3 before trying again, but I never tried to put a password in to begin with. My computer will 'sleep' and then the message of "too many incorrect tries" appears, Does this...
  10. Entered an Incorrect PIN too Many Times

in Windows 10 Customization
    Entered an Incorrect PIN too Many Times: Looks like this is a common issue "Entered an Incorrect PIN too Many Times" I am hitting this problem when my Dell XPS Desktop go to sleep and awake. I don't even type single key, but appears that some back ground process input random letters without me typing anything....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. What will happen to a computer if the password is wrongly entered three times

2. how to solve if the pcs password is incorrectly entered several times