Windows 10: When I turned on my computer this morning, Restore was turned off and ALL MY FILES ARE...

Discus and support When I turned on my computer this morning, Restore was turned off and ALL MY FILES ARE... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am in a bit of a panic as I have to go to the doctor soon but my computer turned off System Restore and all my files are just gone!!!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by needhelpnowbfm, Jan 29, 2021.

1. When I turned on my computer this morning, Restore was turned off and ALL MY FILES ARE...

I am in a bit of a panic as I have to go to the doctor soon but my computer turned off System Restore and all my files are just gone!!!

:)

needhelpnowbfm, Jan 29, 2021
  2. Mark Ole Win User

Turn on File History in Windows 10

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you turn off File history then add the drive again.

To turn off File History, please follow these steps:

• Click the Start​ button, select Settings.
      Click Update & security.
    • Choose Backupand click More options.
    • See advanced settings, then click the Turn off button.
    Restart the system then turn back on File History and add the drive.

If the issue persist, run the System File Checker tool. System File Checker
    scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To run this tool, please refer to this
    link

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Jan 29, 2021
  3. Computer Is Not Turning On

When I try to turn it on, nothing works. None of the fans spin, no sound comes out and the only thing alive is a green LED which is the BOOT_DEVICE_LED according to my motherboard manual in the onboard LEDs section.

I am taking the PC to a relative for him to analyze it this morning so I can't do much.

For now, I need help clearing some things out:
    Questions
    • Should I register my XFX Radeon HD 5850 immediately for its lifetime warranty?
    • If a motherboard dies, will any of the onboard LEDs still work?
    • What are signs that a motherboard has died?
    • What are signs that a power supply has died?
    • What are signs that a processor has died?

MelodiousUltra, Jan 29, 2021
  4. TiredofFH Win User

When I turned on my computer this morning, Restore was turned off and ALL MY FILES ARE...

Turn on File History in Windows 10

Thanks for the suggestions.

The turn off button was greyed out and was unresponsive.

I had been advised to run the system file checker several time and found no problems.

In the meantime my machine has been returned to the suppler for a factory reset and is working again.

TiredofFH, Jan 29, 2021
Thema:

When I turned on my computer this morning, Restore was turned off and ALL MY FILES ARE...

1. When I turned on my computer this morning, Restore was turned off and ALL MY FILES ARE... - Similar Threads - turned computer morning

2. I turned off my computer for the night, and when i turned it back on in the morning, it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I turned off my computer for the night, and when i turned it back on in the morning, it...: It ust shows a blue screen, with a big samsung logo in the middle, an intel logo in the bottom right side, and it says "F2 Setup F4 Recovery". I've been pressing F12 since i know that it was the button to skip any menu that popped up after starting apart from the regular...
  3. I turned off my computer for the night, and when i turned it back on in the morning, it...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I turned off my computer for the night, and when i turned it back on in the morning, it...: It ust shows a blue screen, with a big samsung logo in the middle, an intel logo in the bottom right side, and it says "F2 Setup F4 Recovery". I've been pressing F12 since i know that it was the button to skip any menu that popped up after starting apart from the regular...
  4. I turned off my computer for the night, and when i turned it back on in the morning, it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. My PC lags when I turn it on every morning and I have to turn it off from the button...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC lags when I turn it on every morning and I have to turn it off from the button...: As the title said, my PC lags when I turn it on every morning and I have to turn it off from the button. It happens every morning. It turns on and everything is delayed. The mouse starts to freeze, the sound is distorted and I have no way to fix it. Also, I can't shutdown...
  6. My PC lags when I turn it on every morning and I have to turn it off from the button...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC lags when I turn it on every morning and I have to turn it off from the button...: As the title said, my PC lags when I turn it on every morning and I have to turn it off from the button. It happens every morning. It turns on and everything is delayed. The mouse starts to freeze, the sound is distorted and I have no way to fix it. Also, I can't shutdown...
  7. My PC lags when I turn it on every morning and I have to turn it off from the button...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. I turned my computer on this morning and was greeted with this...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I turned my computer on this morning and was greeted with this...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MisterBurn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k05ums/i_turned_my_computer_on_this_morning_and_was/
  9. WIFI turns off on all devices when computer turned off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI turns off on all devices when computer turned off: I have noticed that when I have turned off my computer my wifi turns off on all overs devices. However, when my computer is turned back on, wifi turns on back. What do I have to do?...
  10. I turned my computer off at night and when I turned it on the next morning I had nothing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I turned my computer off at night and when I turned it on the next morning I had nothing.: Now the mail looks different and the color of solataire cards are blue and white not black and red. I cannot play Mahjong as it is installed under guest and will not sync to play goes back to page to play....