Windows 10: When I turned on my PC today everything was like this. Please help! I lost important files.

Discus and support When I turned on my PC today everything was like this. Please help! I lost important files. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/geros83077 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/geros83077, Aug 13, 2020.

1. When I turned on my PC today everything was like this. Please help! I lost important files.

/u/geros83077, Aug 13, 2020
  2. Ruz San Win User

Lost a REALLY IMPORTANT folder

Hi Tanya,

We'd like to know a few things to understand this better and help you recover the missing folder. Please answer these questions:

• Did you lose it after upgrading to Windows 10?
    • How long has it been since you installed Windows 10 on the computer?
    Windows 10 does not apply changes or remove personal files without your permission. We suggest you restore the previous version of the folder or drive that used to contain the files you are looking for. Refer to this

page
    for the steps.

Let us know if you need more help.

Regards.

Ruz San, Aug 13, 2020
  3. Files are lost after importing the photos from SD Card to PC on Windwos 10.

Hello,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

You can search using Cortana or Windows Explorer and check if the lost files are located on any of the system drives.

Step 1: Using Cortana

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard and type
      windows.old
      in the search box.
    • Select the search result which shows folder and drive location of the program.
    • Follow the file/folder path to check the contents of the same.

Step 2: Using Windows explorer

• Press Windows logo + E keys on the keyboard to open Windows Explorer.
    • Click on This PC option from the left side panel of the window.
    • Type windows.old in the Search This PC
      box located at the top right corner of the window.
    • Follow the file/folder path to check the contents of the same.

If the files are not found, click some pictures from the DSLR camera, perform import pictures and check if the files taken from the camera can be imported to the PC as you have mentioned the pictures taken from the mobile phone are getting imported.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 13, 2020
  4. Ruz San Win User

When I turned on my PC today everything was like this. Please help! I lost important files.

importing photos

Thank you for clearing that out. It looks like you are importing the files using the Photos app. When you import photos using this app, the files get imported into your Pictures library. To view these files, refer to these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • On the list of folders on the left side of the window, click on Pictures. You shall see the photos imported from the SD card using the Photos app.

Another option you have is to import the files solely using File Explorer. Here's how you can do it:

• Connect the SD card into the computer.
    • Launch File Explorer.
    • Click on This PC.
    • Locate your SD card under Devices and drives.
    • Double-click on the SD card.
    • Manually choose which photos to move into your local folders. Right-click on each photo and choose
      Copy (Ctrl + C) then go to the destination folder then right-click on an empty space in the window and select
      Paste (Ctrl + V).
    • If you are importing all the photos, you can press Ctrl + A on the keyboard to select all of the files. Copy then Paste them into the destination folder.
    • If you are importing selective photos, hold the Ctrl key while clicking on the photos you want to copy. This will let you choose a number of photos instead of selecting all of them like what Step 7 suggests.

Once you're able to get the hang of the tricks, importing photos will not be a challenge anymore.

Tell us which method works best for you.

We're here if you need more help.

Ruz San, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

When I turned on my PC today everything was like this. Please help! I lost important files.

1. When I turned on my PC today everything was like this. Please help! I lost important files. - Similar Threads - turned today everything

2. I turned on my laptop today and everything's been reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I turned on my laptop today and everything's been reset.: Everything's gone, my apps are there but all my files are gone, custom settings gone, the information within my apps are gone. Its been completely wiped. What do I do? It had all my univeristy assignments on it, some of which is due soon....
  3. I turned on my laptop today and everything's been reset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I turned on my laptop today and everything's been reset.: Everything's gone, my apps are there but all my files are gone, custom settings gone, the information within my apps are gone. Its been completely wiped. What do I do? It had all my univeristy assignments on it, some of which is due soon....
  4. LOST EVERYTHING...NEED HELP PLEASE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LOST EVERYTHING...NEED HELP PLEASE: I have an HP Stream 360 Laptop, Windows 8.1. My entire Operating System is gone. I've tried everything to fix....ISO disk image, original drivers, diskpart, command prompt, every resource and solution I could find. NOTHING has helped or has worked. I do not have original...
  5. LOST EVERYTHING...NEED HELP PLEASE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LOST EVERYTHING...NEED HELP PLEASE: I have an HP Stream 360 Laptop, Windows 8.1. My entire Operating System is gone. I've tried everything to fix....ISO disk image, original drivers, diskpart, command prompt, every resource and solution I could find. NOTHING has helped or has worked. I do not have original...
  6. I lost everything "PLEASE HELP"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I lost everything "PLEASE HELP": So recently I have been getting the BSOD like once a day. So I contacted Microsoft support and they told me to reset my computer... And i did through cloud reset, and by clicking the option "keep my files". Now there was a list that included "files" that will get deleted......
  7. I turn on my computer today and everything is changed. I have lost all my former...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I turn on my computer today and everything is changed. I have lost all my former...: I turn on my computer today and everything is changed. I have lost all my former configuration, my apps, my favorites and everything. I wish this would never happen it feels like and invasion on my privacy and it is certainly disrupting. You get up to work and your working...
  8. When I woke up this morning all my files looked like this. Everything is empty. Help please

When I woke up this morning all my files looked like this. Everything is empty. Help please: https://i.imgur.com/1C5gR4W.jpg https://i.imgur.com/hkscGSJ.jpg submitted by /u/geros83077 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i9axrf/when_i_woke_up_this_morning_all_my_files_looked/
  9. Need Help please. When i turn on my PC this is everything I see. Any ideas ?

Need Help please. When i turn on my PC this is everything I see. Any ideas ?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/gretchenich [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/huzpih/need_help_please_when_i_turn_on_my_pc_this_is/
  10. I started my pc today, and everything is gone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I started my pc today, and everything is gone: [IMG] [IMG] basically a few days / weeks ago everytime i startup my pc it goes slow for a few seconds then it returns back normal. now i just restarted my pc and everything went back to normal. should i worry?...