Windows 10: When I type a Windows App in the Start, it does not show the icon

Discus and support When I type a Windows App in the Start, it does not show the icon in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The App icon shows fine when it's running, and on my task bar. It also shows find when it is pinned in the start menu. Where is does not show up, is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AAttaboy, Apr 6, 2020.

1. AAttaboy Win User

When I type a Windows App in the Start, it does not show the icon

The App icon shows fine when it's running, and on my task bar. It also shows find when it is pinned in the start menu.

Where is does not show up, is when I type it in my start menu to boot it.

When I type a Windows App in the Start, it does not show the icon 468da8f4-95f1-4883-b627-b721ae4a3f67?upload=true.png

When I type a Windows App in the Start, it does not show the icon faf7f538-011b-4f3b-98bd-7bc135747efc?upload=true.png

When I type a Windows App in the Start, it does not show the icon 5e9f6d3c-5a77-4d16-99c1-fc1bf8822ed5?upload=true.png

:)

AAttaboy, Apr 6, 2020
  2. Pavan_N Win User

NEWLY added apps are not showing on Start App list

Hi Tamal,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1. Is Cortana able to search the apps installed?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Start Settings in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Turn on Show recently added apps in jump list of Start of Taskbar.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Apr 6, 2020
  3. Cortana Not Showing Windows App Icons

Hi,

Store App icons are saved in an icon cache. The Icon Cache is a database file used to keep copies of every icon. Sometimes, Icon cache can be corrupted. That could be the reason why you're having problems with the app icons.

We suggest rebuilding the Icon cache to resolve the issue. Follow these steps:

• Close all the open programs.
    • Go to Task Manager.
    • Locate Windows Explorer, right-click it and select End task.
    • Select Run new task from the File menu.
    • Type cmd.exe.
    • Put a check on Create this task with administrative privileges and click
      OK.
    • Once an elevated command prompt open, type the following and hit Enter.

cd /d %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer attrib –h iconcache_*.db del iconcache_*.db start explorer

Your Icon cache will be rebuild.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Ronalene Mat, Apr 6, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Start menu not showing apps in Windows 10

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Have you updated all the Windows updates?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Have you installed any update recently?
    As a work around, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run built-in Windows Store app troubleshooter.

• Click on Start search and type troubleshooting and choose 'Troubleshooting'

• Click on 'View All'.

• Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter.
    Step 2: I suggest you to check for the latest updates

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter MS-settings: and then press
      OK. This opens Settings.
    • In Settings, go to Update & security > Windows Update, and then select
      Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

1. When I type a Windows App in the Start, it does not show the icon - Similar Threads - type App Start

2. Type does not show

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Type does not show: Just bought new pc with windows 11.On some sites such as LLoyds bank and some surveys when typing in boxes the characters do not show although they must register as the site recognise them. If you get it right no problem but if wrong you are unable to see typo or...
  3. Type does not show

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Type does not show: Just bought new pc with windows 11.On some sites such as LLoyds bank and some surveys when typing in boxes the characters do not show although they must register as the site recognise them. If you get it right no problem but if wrong you are unable to see typo or...
  4. App icons not showing on taskbar and Start

in Windows 10 Customization
    App icons not showing on taskbar and Start: When I opened my computer and then BOOM! All my windows store app icons were gone from the taskbar and start even settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-icons-not-showing-on-taskbar-and-start/55cc2077-6b89-4e1c-8e9f-fd08fc6ed1cd
  5. App icons not showing on taskbar and Start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App icons not showing on taskbar and Start: When I opened my computer and then BOOM! All my windows store app icons were gone from the taskbar and start even settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-icons-not-showing-on-taskbar-and-start/55cc2077-6b89-4e1c-8e9f-fd08fc6ed1cd
  6. App icons not showing on taskbar and Start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. App icon not showing, when using Start menu search for Windows 10 apps

App icon not showing, when using Start menu search for Windows 10 apps: [ATTACH] Using Start Menu Search [ATTACH] Start Menu apps Recently, I've been having app icon display issues when performing a search using the startbar. Calculator, Camera, Spotify etc are all affected by this issue. However, the icons are showing up as per normal...
  8. PIN does not show when I type it on keyboard or touchscreen

PIN does not show when I type it on keyboard or touchscreen: When I try to sign in with my PIN, the PIN does not show when I type it. I also cannot shut down the computer from the screen. This just started tonight. It does not show up when I use the touchscreen, also....
  9. Start menu desktop icon missing when typing

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu desktop icon missing when typing: So after resetting my Windows 10 last night with the option of "Removing Apps and Keeping all Personal Files". I noticed after reinstalling my apps, when I type in the name of the app in the search bar "manually", the icon is missing. See screenshot below.The icon is there...
  10. Show Icons for Chrome Apps when Pinned to Start

Show Icons for Chrome Apps when Pinned to Start: So, is there a reason it no longer shows the app icon you pin, but instead shows just the Chrome icon? Makes it annoying when you want to pin multiple apps....