Windows 10: when I type "C", it shows locations

Discus and support when I type "C", it shows locations in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Don't remember seeing this before, but when I type "C", it shows the locations that I have accessed in File Explorer, is there any way to eliminate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rdwray, Jul 2, 2021.

1. rdwray Win User

when I type "C", it shows locations

Don't remember seeing this before, but when I type "C", it shows the locations that I have accessed in File Explorer, is there any way to eliminate them?

:)

rdwray, Jul 2, 2021
  2. btarunr Win User

In Win Shows Off the 303 Type-C Chassis

In Win showed off a new variant of its 303 chassis, the 303 Type-C. As its name suggests, the case features a USB 3.1 type-C front panel port, backed by standard USB 3.0/3.1 headers, besides two each of USB 3.0/3.1 and USB 2.0/1.1 type-A ports; and standard HDA audio jacks. The case is otherwise identical to the original In Win 303, which it launched in May 2016.

when I type "C", it shows locations 8d94aaf887bb_thm.jpg

btarunr, Jul 2, 2021
  3. Unable to turn on Location in Windows 10

Hello,

We regret the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

Before we proceed further, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue? Is it an abrupt issue?

• Do have any System Restore point set in Windows prior to the issue?

• Did you check if the same issue occurs when you log in to Windows using a different Local Administrator user account?

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to follow the steps to try and fix the issue:

Step 1:

Follow the steps to change the region:

a) Type “Region” on the Search and click on
    Change your country or region option from the search results.

b) Now choose the location from the drop down menu to change the region. (As per your location)

Move to the next step.

Step 2:

I would suggest you to turn On Windows location platform on the computer and check if it helps.

You can follow the steps:

a) Type

b) Click on
    Change Location settings

c) Check the box which states “Turn ON Windows location platform” and “Help improve Windows Location services”.

e) Click on Apply.

Proceed to the next step.

Step 3:

If you are trying to use location settings for an app, I would suggest you to turn ON the settings to allow apps to use the location on the computer.

Follow the steps:

a) Type
    l
    ocation on the Search.

b) Click on
    Location privacy settings

c) Move the slider towards the right to turn ON settings for ‘Let Windows apps use my location’.

Restart the computer once after making the changes.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information related to Location service in Windows, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 2, 2021
  4. when I type "C", it shows locations

Location service is greyed out

Hi Shahriar,

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check If it helps.

Step 1: Steps to turn on the Location settings.

• Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Step 2: And as you are unable to set the service Geolocation service to automatic, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Try to set the service to automatic by following the steps provided in the above post by Praveen Venugopal.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 2, 2021
Thema:

when I type "C", it shows locations

1. when I type "C", it shows locations - Similar Threads - type shows locations

2. Shift + C key is not typing C in upper case, but it types C>

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shift + C key is not typing C in upper case, but it types C>: Shift + C key is not typing C in upper case, but it types C>. This happens with the right shift key. Left shift key works fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shift-c-key-is-not-typing-c-in-upper-case-but-it/b06b8eea-60e4-49b7-b079-5be39503a786
  3. Shift + C key is not typing C in upper case, but it types C>

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shift + C key is not typing C in upper case, but it types C>: Shift + C key is not typing C in upper case, but it types C>. This happens with the right shift key. Left shift key works fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shift-c-key-is-not-typing-c-in-upper-case-but-it/b06b8eea-60e4-49b7-b079-5be39503a786
  4. C Drive showing App installed Valorant but when I go to delete it - PC cant locate it?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C Drive showing App installed Valorant but when I go to delete it - PC cant locate it?: HiI am trying to free up space on my C drive and Valorant appears to take up the most in the storage page 22GB. When I click the uninstall button through the storage page it then says that it cannot locate it to uninstall it? Why is this showing up as taking space if it cant...
  5. C Drive showing App installed Valorant but when I go to delete it - PC cant locate it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C Drive showing App installed Valorant but when I go to delete it - PC cant locate it?: HiI am trying to free up space on my C drive and Valorant appears to take up the most in the storage page 22GB. When I click the uninstall button through the storage page it then says that it cannot locate it to uninstall it? Why is this showing up as taking space if it cant...
  6. C Drive showing App installed Valorant but when I go to delete it - PC cant locate it?

7. fonts folder not showing in windows folder and fonts not listed when typing folder location...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    fonts folder not showing in windows folder and fonts not listed when typing folder location...: fonts folder not showing in windows folder. i have to manually type C:/Windows/Fonts. which is idiotic. then, because i am trying to place fonts in my website to use, when i type C:/Windows/Fonts, the folder opens BUT IT'S BLANK. WHICH IS ALSO IDIOTIC.BECAUSE I AM...
  8. fonts folder not showing in windows folder and fonts not listed when typing folder location...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fonts folder not showing in windows folder and fonts not listed when typing folder location...: fonts folder not showing in windows folder. i have to manually type C:/Windows/Fonts. which is idiotic. then, because i am trying to place fonts in my website to use, when i type C:/Windows/Fonts, the folder opens BUT IT'S BLANK. WHICH IS ALSO IDIOTIC.BECAUSE I AM...
  9. fonts folder not showing in windows folder and fonts not listed when typing folder location...

10. Files of the "Show location of pointer when I press the CTRL key" location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Files of the "Show location of pointer when I press the CTRL key" location: Where are the files for the 'show location of pointer when I press the ctrl key'? I am a tinkerer and want to change the files so it makes a different animation around the cursor, but I cannot because I don't know where the files where the information of the animation/images...