Windows 10: When I type in search it offers answers in Edge rather than my default browser

Discus and support When I type in search it offers answers in Edge rather than my default browser in Cortana to solve the problem; When I type in search it offers answers in Edge rather than my default browser, how do I get it to use by default browser?... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by rcw31, Jul 26, 2020.

1. rcw31 Win User

When I type in search it offers answers in Edge rather than my default browser

When I type in search it offers answers in Edge rather than my default browser, how do I get it to use by default browser?

:)

rcw31, Jul 26, 2020

2. changing default search engine to google from Bing in IE Edge

To change the default search engine on Windows Edge.

Step One: Open Microsoft Edge

Step Two: type in the search engine into the browser address such as (www.google.com)

Step Three: Click on the three dots top right below the x (close button)

Step Four: Click on settings

Step Five: Scroll and click on Advance Settings

Step Six: Scroll to Search in the address bar with click within the box

Step Seven: Click on Add NEw

Step Eight: Your search engine should be listed Click on it

Final Step: select your choice of:

Add as default

Add

Rico Novice, Jul 26, 2020
  3. vbahl2003 Win User
    Cannot Change Default Search Engine tyo Google in Microsoft Edge

Hi,

When I am trying to change my default search engine for my Microsoft edge browser in advanced settings I am neither able to type anything or select anything and add is disabled as well can anybody suggest how to fix this please. as per the notes mentioned
    for changing the default browser engine, the second step mentioned here below I am not able to perform as there is nothing enabled to either select or type the engine's website.

• Select More actions (...) > Settings and then scroll down to select
      View advanced settings. In the list under Search in the address bar with, select
      Change.
    • Select your search engine's website and then select Set as default. If you don't select the search engine, the
      Set as default button will be grayed out.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Vikas Bahl

vbahl2003, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Cecil_IL Win User

changing default search engine to google from Bing in IE Edge

To change the default search engine on Windows Edge.

Step One: Open Microsoft Edge

Step Two: type in the search engine into the browser address such as (www.google.com)

Step Three: Click on the three dots top right below the x (close button)

Step Four: Click on settings

Step Five: Scroll and click on Advance Settings

Step Six: Scroll to Search in the address bar with click within the box

Step Seven: Click on Add NEw

Step Eight: Your search engine should be listed Click on it

Final Step: select your choice of:

Add as default

Add

Tried this 26 Nov 2015 to make Google.com my search engine and received report "Couldn't add this provider"

Cecil_IL, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

1. When I type in search it offers answers in Edge rather than my default browser - Similar Threads - type search offers

2. Don't want Edge as my default browser

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Don't want Edge as my default browser: Why does Microsoft keep asking me to make "Edge" the default browser & if I want to try the latest version? Despite using another browser as my default & turning off the setting for it to continue asking me if I'd like to try it, I'm still asked every time I open Microsoft....
  3. How do I make Windows search results to open in my default browser other than Edge?

in Cortana
    How do I make Windows search results to open in my default browser other than Edge?: Hi all, my set default browser is Brave. Need to direct all search results from the Windows search box to Brave and not Edge...is there a way to do that?...
  4. Edge crashing when typing on search bar.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge crashing when typing on search bar.: Basically the title, Microsoft Edge keeps crashing when I type on the search bar. Couldn't find a fix so far, started out of nowhere. submitted by /u/zorawski [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i0wt31/edge_crashing_when_typing_on_search_bar/
  5. Windows Search recommends Edge when searching for other browsers.

Windows Search recommends Edge when searching for other browsers.: As the title says, Search is now recommending to try Edge whenever I search for Chrome, or any other browser, doesn't matter if it is installed or not. This is how it looks. As you can also see, suggestions in Star Menu are disabled, yet not enforced. And this is when...
  6. Is it true that Windows Defender doesn't offer protection for web browsers other than Edge...

Is it true that Windows Defender doesn't offer protection for web browsers other than Edge...: This article says so. Doest that mean I am not protected if I use Chrome for browsing? Confused right now. submitted by /u/JaxTellerr [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/glkqp3/is_it_true_that_windows_defender_doesnt_offer/
  7. Search opens Edge despite default browser not being Edge.

in Cortana
    Search opens Edge despite default browser not being Edge.: If I click the Start button on my keyboard and start typing, the start menu is eventually going to show me a "Best Match". If I click the "Best Match" when it's a website, Edge will start, loading Bing results for whatever I've entered as a search term. Three things wrong...
  8. How can I get BETA Edge Browser to RUN a file rather than display it?

in Browsers and Email
    How can I get BETA Edge Browser to RUN a file rather than display it?: I have a fairly unique home page configuration for my browser. My home page was created in Excel and saved as an .HTM file. It is basically a page listing many links that I use frequently. When I click a link, the appropriate web page opens. Some of those links point to a...
  9. Changing Edge as my default browser!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing Edge as my default browser!: I am really annoyed: I got a message telling me that Edge would be a faster and more secure search engine; so I opted for it. However I had no idea that it would then stop me using Google Chrome! otherwise I would not have changed from the original. I am very angry to find...
  10. How Can I Change the Default Search Engine in Edge Browser?

in Browsers and Email
    How Can I Change the Default Search Engine in Edge Browser?: I don't like using Bing and I have Norton Security on my computer, so I would like to use the Norton Safe Search instead of Bing on the Windows 10 Edge Browser. Can you please tell me how to do this? Thanks. 76714