Windows 10: When i type the web browser open itself?

Discus and support When i type the web browser open itself? in Cortana to solve the problem; before this microsoft edge then i change web browser default to chrome and when i type it keep open new bing tab itself please help me i need to do my... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by NUAIM, May 19, 2020.

1. NUAIM Win User

When i type the web browser open itself?

before this microsoft edge then i change web browser default to chrome and when i type it keep open new bing tab itself please help me i need to do my assignment.

:)

NUAIM, May 19, 2020

2. I can't set my default web browser

Hi Jorin,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused, I will be glad to assist you with this.

It is unusual that you are unable to set a default web browser.

I would suggest you to try the steps below to choose a default web browser again and check if the issue persists.

1. Press Windows key + R.

2. Type control and press enter to open the control panel.

3. Type default programs in the control panel search box and open it.

4. Click "set your default programs".

5. From the list of programs, locate Google chrome or Microsoft edge, click on it and click "set this program as my default".

6. Save the changes and check again.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, May 19, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Opening web pages in Windows 10

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

Which web browser are you using?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• Open the Web page.
    • Click on Gear icon at the top right corner.
    • Click on File and select Save as
    • You can save in different format.
    • Open file Explorer select and right click on web page which is saved in File Explorer.
    • Select open with and Select WordPad or notepad.
    • There you will be able to Edit .

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, May 19, 2020
  4. When i type the web browser open itself?

Web links in other apps take forever to open in browser

Hi,

The issue your experiencing about the hyperlink can happen to one or more of the following reasons:

• The setting where you choose what web browser that you want to use is corrupted. This can cause Windows to misinterpret which browser is set as the default browser on your computer.
    • After the software was installed, settings were changed, which can cause links to webpages to work incorrectly.
    • A previously installed browser or add-in might be interfering with other software on your computer.
    • Registry keys were changed or became corrupted.

You can set Internet Explore or Microsoft Edge as your default browser for opening weblinks in your app and check if the issue will still occur.

We suggest to clear cache and cookies from the Microsoft Edge browser. See steps below:

• Open Microsoft Edge, click on More Action at the right top corner.
    • Click on Settings, click on Choose what to clear under Clear browsing data.
    • Select the Browsing history, caches and cookies and hit Clear.
    • Close the browser and try to open it again.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, May 19, 2020
Thema:

When i type the web browser open itself?

1. When i type the web browser open itself? - Similar Threads - type web browser

2. Web Home key presses by itself, how to disable in web browser?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web Home key presses by itself, how to disable in web browser?: It was determined before I got this laptop HP Probook someone must've spilled liquid on the keys. The web start page/web home key will press itself at random times, taking the tab I am browsing to my start page by itself.I went into the Registery and added a ShellExecute with...
  3. Web Home key presses by itself, how to disable in web browser?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Web Home key presses by itself, how to disable in web browser?: It was determined before I got this laptop HP Probook someone must've spilled liquid on the keys. The web start page/web home key will press itself at random times, taking the tab I am browsing to my start page by itself.I went into the Registery and added a ShellExecute with...
  4. web browsers wont open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    web browsers wont open: i have been using chrome for a while now and it worked perfectly and it still does but i wanted to switch to other browsers but whenever i open them they are open for split second then they crashthis doesnt happen for chrome or microsoft edge but it does happen for opera and...
  5. web browsers wont open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    web browsers wont open: i have been using chrome for a while now and it worked perfectly and it still does but i wanted to switch to other browsers but whenever i open them they are open for split second then they crashthis doesnt happen for chrome or microsoft edge but it does happen for opera and...
  6. web browsers wont open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Windows 10 crash when opening web browsers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 crash when opening web browsers: Hello,I have a problem when opening web browsers,windows just crashes, black screen comes up and only solution is to shutdown PC with button and push the button twice after few second to turn it ON.I used Chrome, uninstalled it but it didn't help, tried with Edge and same...
  8. No web browsers opening

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No web browsers opening: For the past few weeks barely any of my web browsers have been opening. When I try to open chrome, Firefox or opera, a blank windows appears for half a second and the app never opens. The only browsers that seem to be working are Vivaldi and edge. submitted by...
  9. Web browser keeps opening to msn by itself in chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Web browser keeps opening to msn by itself in chrome: went through all the step from the firefox thread adware and malware programs they found nothing only when I first open the browser it goes straight to msn and not the page I chose set EnableActiveProbing to 0 how do I stop this from hijacking my browser also it keeps...
  10. Browsers is lagging in loading when you open the web browser.

in Browsers and Email
    Browsers is lagging in loading when you open the web browser.: I don't know why the web browser is still very slow in opening a web page. I've never had this problems before in my old windows 7 until this new windows 10 was installed. Can MS please fix this I fill like I have a dial-up web browser on a high end computer that is trying to...