Windows 10: When I type Windows Search closes. I have tried everything.

Discus and support When I type Windows Search closes. I have tried everything. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Basically when I type a few letter into the Windows Search bar no results show up, I can't type anymore then the search bar closes. I have tried using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GreekCSharpDeveloper, Mar 24, 2021.

1. When I type Windows Search closes. I have tried everything.

Basically when I type a few letter into the Windows Search bar no results show up, I can't type anymore then the search bar closes. I have tried using DISM with multiple parameters, sfc, regedit, clearing my cache, Windows Search Troubleshooter, reindexing my files but nothing has worked. It first happened 3 days ago when I installed a Windows update (KB4589212).

Edition Windows 10 Home

Version 20H2

Installed on ‎7/‎14/‎2020

OS build 19042.870

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

submitted by /u/GreekCSharpDeveloper
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GreekCSharpDeveloper, Mar 24, 2021
Thema:

When I type Windows Search closes. I have tried everything.

1. When I type Windows Search closes. I have tried everything. - Similar Threads - type Search closes

2. search automatically close when typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    search automatically close when typing: I have a sudden issue on my Windows. My search box automatically close when typing. It is weird and I cant do anything on it. How can I address it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-automatically-close-when-typing/ca3cf3b9-5d8b-469f-8f14-72deb8e74208
  3. search automatically close when typing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    search automatically close when typing: I have a sudden issue on my Windows. My search box automatically close when typing. It is weird and I cant do anything on it. How can I address it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-automatically-close-when-typing/ca3cf3b9-5d8b-469f-8f14-72deb8e74208
  4. search automatically close when typing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Settings app instantly closes when I try to open it and I cannot type in the search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings app instantly closes when I try to open it and I cannot type in the search bar: A little while back I stopped being able to type in my search bar and just today when I tried to open my settings app it flashes for a brief second and then closes instantly and I cannot change anything. I cannot reinstall Windows or anything since I can't open my settings...
  6. Settings app instantly closes when I try to open it and I cannot type in the search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings app instantly closes when I try to open it and I cannot type in the search bar: A little while back I stopped being able to type in my search bar and just today when I tried to open my settings app it flashes for a brief second and then closes instantly and I cannot change anything. I cannot reinstall Windows or anything since I can't open my settings...
  7. everything closes when i type 2 letters in browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    everything closes when i type 2 letters in browser: I have always used the browser to search. Today, when i tried this, all tabs closed. I had never used the bing search, however this is now the only way i can search. I tried cleaning cache, restarting, updating, and resetting. Still not resloved. This is maddening and I...
  8. Windows Search Box Crashing/Closing When I Type In It.

in Cortana
    Windows Search Box Crashing/Closing When I Type In It.: Within the last day, I have been unable to search via my windows search bar. I have followed several guides trying to fix this issue including sfc /scannow which shows no corrupt files. I have also done DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image...
  9. web page closes when i try to search

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    web page closes when i try to search: I am surprised that this page hasn't closed because the web page usually closes when I try to search or fill out a form. Have no idea; have tried to find answers....no clue. thank you for your consideration of this matter....
  10. Start menu closes when I type instead of searching

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu closes when I type instead of searching: Sometimes when I open the start menu and start typing, the start menu closes instead of searching for the character string that I type. Why does it do this? Thanks. 100601