Windows 10: When I type z and x at the same time I cant type anything on the first row

Discus and support When I type z and x at the same time I cant type anything on the first row in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I type zx at the same time and hold them, I cant type cvbn or m could somebody help me with this? is it a problem with my keyboard or computer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HamsterG0D, Nov 20, 2020.

1. When I type z and x at the same time I cant type anything on the first row

When I type zx at the same time and hold them, I cant type cvbn or m could somebody help me with this? is it a problem with my keyboard or computer.

:)

HamsterG0D, Nov 20, 2020
  2. ZaidAmin Win User

Keyboard z, x, and ctrl issue

Z, X, and Ctrl don't work unless I'm pressing another key. Ctrl won't work unless I press the key twice.

For example I have to do Ctrl + C twice in attempting to copy something. It writes c the first time and then copies anything if possible.

Ctrl + v won't paste unless you press it multiple times. Otherwise, typing v works fine

I can't type z or x just by pressing them alone. I have to type them by pressing multiple keys at a time like z + a or z + shift

ZaidAmin, Nov 20, 2020
  3. Windows 10 typing slow

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted
    system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    Method 2: If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps to employ the DISM command lines:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Cleanupimage

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 20, 2020
  4. When I type z and x at the same time I cant type anything on the first row

I am unable to access the Local Drive Z. Please help.

Drive Z is not a malware it's a Microsoft hidden partition for booting the computer, for some reason it becomes visible at times. You can try rebooting your computer and see if it hides Drive Z again. If not, you can try the following steps
    below:

• Type CMD on start menu to open Command Prompt.
    • Type Diskpart and hit Enter.
    • Click Yes if you are prompted with UAC (User Account Control)
      dialog-box.
    • Type List Volume and hit Enter.
    • Select the drive that you want to hide, type Select Volume Z
      or Select Volume 8 (change 8 with the volume number of Drive Z)
    • Type Remove Letter Z.

Let us know how it goes.

Radney Dri, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

When I type z and x at the same time I cant type anything on the first row

1. When I type z and x at the same time I cant type anything on the first row - Similar Threads - type same cant

2. i cant type the = sign ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i cant type the = sign ?: i need asap pls i cant type the" =" sign my keyboard isnt broken even with the on screen keyboard it wont be typedi think its not an hardware problem even when i click shift or alt to write the} or the + it works but only that sign :tried to unistall the driver didnt workits...
  3. i cant type the = sign ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant type the = sign ?: i need asap pls i cant type the" =" sign my keyboard isnt broken even with the on screen keyboard it wont be typedi think its not an hardware problem even when i click shift or alt to write the} or the + it works but only that sign :...
  4. y type z in keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    y type z in keyboard: every time i press y in keyboard it type z and vice versa, i have us keyboard installed only.how to solve this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/y-type-z-in-keyboard/ef736094-77ad-4952-bbb2-c0c163470473
  5. y type z in keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    y type z in keyboard: every time i press y in keyboard it type z and vice versa, i have us keyboard installed only.how to solve this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/y-type-z-in-keyboard/ef736094-77ad-4952-bbb2-c0c163470473
  6. Cannot type and click/type at the same time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot type and click/type at the same time: As the title says and im on a dell laptop, please help its annoying me submitted by /u/Moondog2000 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kxpqep/cannot_type_and_clicktype_at_the_same_time/
  7. Cant type anything in search bar

in Cortana
    Cant type anything in search bar: HEY im Reinout and i got a problem with the searchbar i cant type something in it yesterday i did a update but before that everything was ok but now i cant type something Hope someone nows something Regards Reinout...
  8. Windows cant type Z

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows cant type Z: Wether i use my actual keyboard or the on screen keyboard i cant type the letter Z. Had to copy paste it from a web page. Any suggestions for a fix? Thanks submitted by /u/dean_yyy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dkub0c/windows_cant_type_z/
  9. Keyboard typing multiple times or do not type anything

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard typing multiple times or do not type anything: Hello from Slovakia. At first, sorry for my english. I'll do my best to describe my problem. I have laptop HP Pavilion DV6 with latest Windows 10 built 1809. I bought a keyboard (classic without mod keys) 6 months ago and i was using it 5 months with Windows 7 with old...
  10. Cannot click and type at the same time

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot click and type at the same time: I'm having a problem on my new laptop where I cannot use the mouse buttons while pressing or holding a key. This is caused by the touchpad delay being set to "medium" and has usually be changed by going to the mouse and touchpad setting in Pc and Devices and changing the...