Windows 10: When I uninstall display adapter to stop flashing line on bottom of task bar, screen colors...

Discus and support When I uninstall display adapter to stop flashing line on bottom of task bar, screen colors... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have had the very disruptive flashing line in my task bar and cursor upon startup for longer than I'm comfortable admitting. I finally googled a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by A..........aK......., Jun 27, 2019.

1. When I uninstall display adapter to stop flashing line on bottom of task bar, screen colors...

I have had the very disruptive flashing line in my task bar and cursor upon startup for longer than I'm comfortable admitting. I finally googled a description of the problem and found the suggested to uninstall my display adapter. When I do that however the colors on my second monitor turn absolutely bizarre and can't be corrected.

:)

A..........aK......., Jun 27, 2019

2. win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Jun 27, 2019
  3. Win10 doesn't know my (compatible) display adapter

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you follow the steps below:

Method 1: Run the hardware and devices

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.

• On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”

• Click on Hardware and Devices. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok.

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall display adapter.

Follow the steps to update the display adapter:

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand Display Adapter.

• Double-click on the Display Adapter.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Uninstall.

• Reinstall the Display adapter from the Manufacturer's Website and see if it helps.
    Restart the computer and check.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related issues.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jun 27, 2019
  4. When I uninstall display adapter to stop flashing line on bottom of task bar, screen colors...

flashing line on the bottom of my task bar,

I have a flashing line on the bottom of my task bar, an ever since that showed up, my computer isn't acting right. It's like when you have an icon in use, there's a highlighted white bar on the bottom of that icon, but this is just the flashing white bar.

Michelle1994, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

When I uninstall display adapter to stop flashing line on bottom of task bar, screen colors...

1. When I uninstall display adapter to stop flashing line on bottom of task bar, screen colors... - Similar Threads - uninstall display adapter

2. Task bar Icons not displaying on computer - blank start task bar at the bottom of the page.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task bar Icons not displaying on computer - blank start task bar at the bottom of the page.: Hi, I have a few devices that ran updates this morning and the taskbar went blank. I have done the following and still blank -sfc /scannow DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth Clear the...
  3. Bottom Half of Screen Glitches/Freeze When Displaying Dark Colors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bottom Half of Screen Glitches/Freeze When Displaying Dark Colors: As stated in the title, the bottom half of my screen glitches/freeze when displaying dark color. This happens abruptly without any software or hardware changes.Another thing to note, when I took a screenshot the photos are fine, but when I took an actual picture with my phone...
  4. Color Changing line on bottom of the screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Color Changing line on bottom of the screen: I have my monitor connected to the pc via hdmi, when used with any other source the monitor doesn't show it, but when i switch to hdmi the line stays on the bottom of the screen, i have taken a screenshot and the line does not appear in it, but at the same time when i unplug...
  5. Black Screen and Flashing Task Bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen and Flashing Task Bar: I have seen a few other posts about this but nothing that I have seen has helped, or at least not lasted long. So starting two days agoDecember 12, when I turned my computer on it took an unusually long time to boot, but I finally reached the lock screen to input my password....
  6. task bar on right side, not bottom of screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    task bar on right side, not bottom of screen: OK, recent "upgrades" moved the task bar to the side. Tried to get used to it, but requires more clicks, is a hassle for me. Called MS support, agent came onto my computer, put task bar back to bottom. Tried to follow what he did, could not duplicate. I said, will it stay...
  7. Flashing screen and task bar.

Flashing screen and task bar.: After turning on my computer, the desktop comes up.for.about 30 seconds and then the screen goes black and the taskbar at the bottom flashes constantly. I am able to pull up the task manager but because the computer is refreshing about every 3 seconds it is extremely...
  8. bottom task bar..

bottom task bar..: windows 10 another problem... I've had so many glitches since windows 10 driving me mad..little annoying things pointer kept disappearing half way thru a project , then calculator , the foto app lost all my pics. .various niggly problems . today the bottom task bar wont...
  9. MOVE TASK BAR FROM BOTTOM OF SCREEN TO TOP OF SCREEN DISPLAY

MOVE TASK BAR FROM BOTTOM OF SCREEN TO TOP OF SCREEN DISPLAY: MOVE TASK BAR FROM BOTTOM OF SCREEN TO TOP OF SCREEN DISPLAY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-task-bar-from-bottom-of-screen-to-top-of/580f894c-f9e4-4b61-9691-a81ce8240410
  10. bottom task bar

bottom task bar: When I go full screen the bottom task bar has always gone as well. This morning it stays there and I can't right click it to clear, as when I put the cursor in It becomes the vertical arrow sign, (as in widen etc.)How can I rectify this if I cant click it....