Windows 10: When I unplug and then replug my headphones, Windows doesn't detect them

Discus and support When I unplug and then replug my headphones, Windows doesn't detect them in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Every time my headphones disconnect and I try to replug them, Windows doesn't detect it and I have to reboot my computer, and it's really annoying.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GeometryWizward, Jul 1, 2020 at 6:12 AM.

1. When I unplug and then replug my headphones, Windows doesn't detect them

Every time my headphones disconnect and I try to replug them, Windows doesn't detect it and I have to reboot my computer, and it's really annoying.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

:)

GeometryWizward, Jul 1, 2020 at 6:12 AM
  2. Zack_L-P Win User

Extremely bizarre issue where headphones don't work after being unplugged and plugged back in

I was going through your suggestions, until I got to this part. When I got to step 16 on that list (create a new admin user account and see if the problem persists in that account), I tried that suggestion and created a test account. At first, when I plugged
    in my headphones they weren't working (same as my original problem). But then when I unplugged them a Windows notification message popped up in the bottom right, saying something along the lines of "an audio device was disconnected". I plugged my headphones
    back in and got the same kind of windows popup asking what type of device I just plugged in, and I selected the headphone option. After that, the headphones worked fine even when unplugged and plugged back in. Unfortunately, they are only working fine in that
    alternate user account, and not in my normal one.

So I guess that means that the problem lies somewhere in my account settings, but how on earth do I fix it?

3. Wireless USB Adapter has to be unplugged and replugged

Every now and then my wireless USB adapter has to be unplugged and replugged because for some reason its performance just gets worse and worse with time. I'll plug it in and get full internet speed 18Mbps down with full bars and then slowly it just drops to 48, 32, 11... with like 2 bars.

Once I unplug and replug, bam full speed again.

Am I doomed to just doing this or is their a fix? Google provided little input.

Linksys AE2500

AphexDreamer, Jul 1, 2020 at 6:13 AM
  4. SamLemly Win User

When I unplug and then replug my headphones, Windows doesn't detect them

Muting when headphones are unplugged/different volumes?

On my phone and iPod and Chromebook, the volume will be muted/at a different level when I unplug the headphones from the jack. The muting part doesn't appear to be an option or work at all in Windows 10. When I mute the audio, it mutes both the headphone
    and speaker levels (I mute audio when my headphones are out, plug them in, still muted). Is there a way to do this in my current situation?

I'm on a Dell Inspiron 1500 with windows 10.

Thema:

When I unplug and then replug my headphones, Windows doesn't detect them

1. When I unplug and then replug my headphones, Windows doesn't detect them - Similar Threads - unplug replug headphones

2. All my bluetooth headphones are detected as smartphones and I can't select them.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All my bluetooth headphones are detected as smartphones and I can't select them.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Javigalactus [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hg4vlt/all_my_bluetooth_headphones_are_detected_as/
  3. headphone doesn't detect in my laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    headphone doesn't detect in my laptop: I've got a brand new Acer Swift 3 laptop SF314-52 operating on Windows 10. My speakers are working fine but when I plug headphones into the headphone jack the sound continues to come out of the speakers... I've tried everything: 1 Tried right clicking the sound icon, the...
  4. Unplugging my headphones and plugging them back in causes my computer to switch to it's...

Unplugging my headphones and plugging them back in causes my computer to switch to it's...: I have a Dell g7 model 7588 and my headphones and jack worked fine until today. Whenever I restart my computer I can use my headphones fine but as soon as I unplug and re-plug them my computer switches to it's speakers even when the headphones are plugged in. In my audio...
  5. Problem when unplugginw and replugging my mouse

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem when unplugginw and replugging my mouse: I arleady started a discussion : 1500200554 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-when-unplugginw-and-replugging-my-mouse/37ba06ea-b07e-430e-9e9d-da9f83078d53
  6. Headphones "Unplugged"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones "Unplugged": Hello. When attempting to delete and reinstall my Realtek HD audio driver my headphones have disappeared from the audio output selection. When viewing the device it says the headphones are unplugged....
  7. I have to replug my headphones in when audio stops for a brief time

I have to replug my headphones in when audio stops for a brief time: Every time I pause my audio on my computer for a brief time whenever I try to play it again my headphones do not play sound and must be replugged in to work. They still show up as the active audio device but just wont play audio until reconnected. I couldn't find a similar...
  8. Laptop not switching to headphones when I plug them in

Laptop not switching to headphones when I plug them in: Recently I've had an issue with my laptop where if I plug in headphones (ANY headphones) it will continue to play sound through my laptop's speakers. If I reinstall my audio driver with my headphones plugged in, however, the sound will play through my headphones until they...
  9. Windows doesn't detect my headphones but the sound plays both speakers and headphones

Windows doesn't detect my headphones but the sound plays both speakers and headphones: Ho un computer portatile e quando in questi ultimi giorni l'ho acceso l'audio partiva sia dalle casse che dalle cuffie nonostante il computer non le cuffie. Inoltre le casse e le cuffie sono lette come un unico dispositivo di riproduzione. Ho provato a reinstallare i driver e...
  10. My laptop's microphone doesn't work when I plug in my headphones.

My laptop's microphone doesn't work when I plug in my headphones.: I want to plug in my headphones and still have my laptop's built-in microphone record sound (e.g. my voice). Right now, if my plug in my headphones, the laptop's microphone doesn't pick up anything. With my old pair of headphones, this wasn't an issue-- I could record my...