Windows 10: When I unplug and then replug my headphones, Windows doesn't detect them

Discus and support When I unplug and then replug my headphones, Windows doesn't detect them in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Every time my headphones disconnect and I try to replug them, Windows doesn't detect it and I have to reboot my computer, and it's really annoying.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GeometryWizward, Jul 1, 2020.

1. When I unplug and then replug my headphones, Windows doesn't detect them

Every time my headphones disconnect and I try to replug them, Windows doesn't detect it and I have to reboot my computer, and it's really annoying.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

:)

GeometryWizward, Jul 1, 2020
  2. Zack_L-P Win User

Extremely bizarre issue where headphones don't work after being unplugged and plugged back in

I was going through your suggestions, until I got to this part. When I got to step 16 on that list (create a new admin user account and see if the problem persists in that account), I tried that suggestion and created a test account. At first, when I plugged
    in my headphones they weren't working (same as my original problem). But then when I unplugged them a Windows notification message popped up in the bottom right, saying something along the lines of "an audio device was disconnected". I plugged my headphones
    back in and got the same kind of windows popup asking what type of device I just plugged in, and I selected the headphone option. After that, the headphones worked fine even when unplugged and plugged back in. Unfortunately, they are only working fine in that
    alternate user account, and not in my normal one.

So I guess that means that the problem lies somewhere in my account settings, but how on earth do I fix it?

Zack_L-P, Jul 1, 2020
  3. Wireless USB Adapter has to be unplugged and replugged

Every now and then my wireless USB adapter has to be unplugged and replugged because for some reason its performance just gets worse and worse with time. I'll plug it in and get full internet speed 18Mbps down with full bars and then slowly it just drops to 48, 32, 11... with like 2 bars.

Once I unplug and replug, bam full speed again.

Am I doomed to just doing this or is their a fix? Google provided little input.

Linksys AE2500

AphexDreamer, Jul 1, 2020
  4. SamLemly Win User

When I unplug and then replug my headphones, Windows doesn't detect them

Muting when headphones are unplugged/different volumes?

On my phone and iPod and Chromebook, the volume will be muted/at a different level when I unplug the headphones from the jack. The muting part doesn't appear to be an option or work at all in Windows 10. When I mute the audio, it mutes both the headphone
    and speaker levels (I mute audio when my headphones are out, plug them in, still muted). Is there a way to do this in my current situation?

I'm on a Dell Inspiron 1500 with windows 10.

SamLemly, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

When I unplug and then replug my headphones, Windows doesn't detect them

1. When I unplug and then replug my headphones, Windows doesn't detect them - Similar Threads - unplug replug headphones

2. After I unplugged and replugged my headphones into my audio jack my PC couldn't detect a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After I unplugged and replugged my headphones into my audio jack my PC couldn't detect a...: My PC only has one jack at the top which I plugged my Razer headphones in and would allow me to speak and hear at the same time. I took out my Razer headphones from the audio jack on my PC and when I plugged it back in a notification popped up asking what I was plugging in a...
  3. After I unplugged and replugged my headphones into my audio jack my PC couldn't detect a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After I unplugged and replugged my headphones into my audio jack my PC couldn't detect a...: My PC only has one jack at the top which I plugged my Razer headphones in and would allow me to speak and hear at the same time. I took out my Razer headphones from the audio jack on my PC and when I plugged it back in a notification popped up asking what I was plugging in a...
  4. Windows doesn't detect my headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows doesn't detect my headphones: I reset my pc while keeping my personal files and for the whole duration of the pc reset my headphones were plugged in, now when I try to use them windows does not detect them, when I first got my headphones and plugged them in a new sound thing was opened on the volume thing...
  5. Windows doesn't detect my headphones

Windows doesn't detect my headphones: I reset my pc while keeping my personal files and for the whole duration of the pc reset my headphones were plugged in, now when I try to use them windows does not detect them, when I first got my headphones and plugged them in a new sound thing was opened on the volume thing...
  6. My mouse stops working if I unplug and replug it

My mouse stops working if I unplug and replug it: So this is kind of a wierd situation where I have a dell monitor that has USB ports on it so when I close the monitor the devices connected will disconnect until I reopen it. And there is an issue where I have a Corsair wireless mouse that when my computer starts with it...
  7. headphone stopped working when I replugged it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headphone stopped working when I replugged it.: The headphone icon in the manage audio device didn't show up again after I replugged the headphone.It only works when I restart the system, and the headphone icon showed up in the taskbar, but when I plugged it out and replugged it again it stops showing up and stop working.I...
  8. headphone stopped working when I replugged it.

headphone stopped working when I replugged it.: The headphone icon in the manage audio device didn't show up again after I replugged the headphone.It only works when I restart the system, and the headphone icon showed up in the taskbar, but when I plugged it out and replugged it again it stops showing up and stop working.I...
  9. Headphones only work when I start my computer with them plugged in, if I unplug them and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headphones only work when I start my computer with them plugged in, if I unplug them and...: I found a few solutions online, and none of them worked. submitted by /u/vanhalen325 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kqz9eu/headphones_only_work_when_i_start_my_computer/
  10. When I unplug and replug speakers, they no longer work.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When I unplug and replug speakers, they no longer work.: Whenever I unplug the external speakers from my laptop, and plug them back in, they no longer work. It just doesn't show up as an audio device at all. It only starts working again if I plug in the speakers, turn off the speakers, restart my laptop, then turn the speakers back...