Windows 10: when I update INTELRGRAPHICS driver. After restart of windows it display's cursor in black...

Discus and support when I update INTELRGRAPHICS driver. After restart of windows it display's cursor in black... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; when I enable IntelRHD Graphics display adaptor in device manager then my windows 10 shows blue screen error VIDEO TDR FAILURE . After automatic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ILYAZPASHA, Jun 8, 2021.

1. when I update INTELRGRAPHICS driver. After restart of windows it display's cursor in black...

when I enable IntelRHD Graphics display adaptor in device manager then my windows 10 shows blue screen error VIDEO TDR FAILURE . After automatic restart, then it shows cursor in the black screen and I can't open windows 10. After all this in safe mode > start>right click>device manager>display adaptors>INTELRHDGRAPHICS>right click>disable device, I disabled device After disable device my windows boot properly and my graphics details are : to all this I installed new VGA cable. please give solution to my problem.

:)

ILYAZPASHA, Jun 8, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Black screen after updating display drivers

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that after upgrading the graphics drivers, you are receiving a Black screen. I’ll certainly assist
    you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• When exactly do you see a black screen?

• Are you able to boot the computer to the login in screen?

• What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to try refreshing the graphics driver by using the key sequence
    Windows logo key + Ctrl + Shift + B and see if that helps.

I would suggest you to try booting the computer into Safe Mode and try disabling the display driver. Refer
    the article on Start
    your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

After booting the computer to Safe Mode, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press
      Windows logo key + X, and select Device Manager.

2. Expand
      Display Adapters.

3. Right click on the
      Display driver and select Disable device.

4. Restart the computer.

If this allows you to boot the computer to normal mode, try uninstalling the driver.
    To do this, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press
      Windows logo key + X, and select Device Manager.

2. Expand
      Display Adapters.

3. Right click on the
      Display driver and select Uninstall.

4. Restart the computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 8, 2021
  3. Black screen with cursor after update

Hi Stephane,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing with black screen issues on your computer.
    Now that you have me with you let me take care of this.

We appreciate your interest and time spent in resolving the issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated display drivers after the latest update. Let us try the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: If black screen error occurs before sign-in or after sign-in, I suggest you to refer to the below link replied by
    Sharath Srinivasa on August 7, 2015 and check if it helps:

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

If the issue persists,

Method 2: I recommend you to download and install latest drivers from Manufacturer's website manually.

Step 1: I suggest you to download the display drivers for your device from the Manufacturer's website.

Refer: http://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Enter my HP model number and download the drivers.

Step 2: Boot the device to Safe mode and uninstall the existing drivers and restart the computer.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Steps to Uninstall the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer.

Refer to the article by Ander Da Costa
    about How to: Install and
    Update drivers in Windows 10,
    try to install the drivers in compatibility mode if no latest drivers for Windows 10.

Step 3: Follow the below steps to
    place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type msconfig and press
      Enter.
    • In the System Configuration window, click on
      General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as
      Normal startup, click on Apply
      and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of black screen issues on your computer for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 8, 2021
  4. when I update INTELRGRAPHICS driver. After restart of windows it display's cursor in black...

Issue with black screen, dual display, ATI Integrated GPU

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to go to device manager and disable the display drivers, check whether the issue persists or not.

• Press Windows + X keys and click
      Device manager.
    • Click to expand Display adapters, right click the second adapter and click
      Disable.
    • Restart the computer and check whether the issue persists or not.
    • Repeat the same steps to disable the first display adapter and check if it helps.

If you find the issue is with anyone of the display adapters then, I suggest you to update the display drivers from the manufactures website for Windows 10 and check if it helps.

Method 2: I suggest you to follow the steps form the below article for
    “Black Screen” issues and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Jun 8, 2021
Thema:

when I update INTELRGRAPHICS driver. After restart of windows it display's cursor in black...

1. when I update INTELRGRAPHICS driver. After restart of windows it display's cursor in black... - Similar Threads - update INTELRGRAPHICS driver

2. Windows turned to black screen with cursor after graphic driver update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows turned to black screen with cursor after graphic driver update: Currently posting from a phone. Even when I do ctrl shift win b, nothing happens. I downloaded the graphic card driver update directly from GeForce Experience,and this never happened before. Can anyone please help me solve it?...
  3. Windows turned to black screen with cursor after graphic driver update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows turned to black screen with cursor after graphic driver update: Currently posting from a phone. Even when I do ctrl shift win b, nothing happens. I downloaded the graphic card driver update directly from GeForce Experience,and this never happened before. Can anyone please help me solve it?...
  4. Black screen with cursor after laptop restarted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen with cursor after laptop restarted: Hi, I am getting a black screen with only the cursor showing after an update. I have gone through mutiple forums for the same issue but nothing helped. Even in the safe mode, same black screen is showing. In normal and safe mode both, I can only open the task manager which...
  5. Black Screen with Cursor after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen with Cursor after update: Hi I'm now getting a black screen with the cursor displayed after updating Windows 10. I cannot access the task manager or boot in safe mode. Which is all the suggested fixes I can find. How can I fix this?...
  6. Black screen with cursor after restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen with cursor after restart: This is a new pc build, so no previous windows install that I can roll back too. After restart, it'll bring me to a black screen and if I move my mouse to my right, my cursor will appear. Any ideas how I can fix this? A post I read from 4 years ago says that Windows is...
  7. Ryzen 3 2200G Black Display after driver update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ryzen 3 2200G Black Display after driver update: I am extremely disappointed with this platform. There is most likely a driver error and I can't understand what it is. My system is very simple: Ryzen 3 2200G 400W PSU 8GB Corsair CMK8GX4M1A2666C16 Asus Prime A320M-K The computer has been having random BSOD. Dump files...
  8. Black screen with cursor when installing AMD drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen with cursor when installing AMD drivers: Hello i have an AMD A8 7410 with Radeon R5 M430 whenever i try to install amd drivers after reset my screen goes black with cursor i tried uninstalling drivers with AMD cleanup utility but atill my screen goes black with cursor when i open my AMD 19.5.1 setup the problem...
  9. black screen with a white cursor after i updated windows. driver issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    black screen with a white cursor after i updated windows. driver issue: this is an incredibly frustrating experience because im going thru chemo right now so im not "all there" and ive spent the last two days sifting thru garbage solutions. amd athlon x4 635 processor. 4gb ram. 64bit windows 10. radeon hd4250 windows apparently updated,...
  10. Black screen (with cursor) after Windows updates

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Black screen (with cursor) after Windows updates: Hello all, Today during my browsing with Chrome all of the sudden all of my 3 monitors just turned pitch black with only a cursor . At first I thought it might be a problem with the Graphics card since this is mainly my video editing PC that encodes a lot of video with...