Windows 10: When I use Cortana to search for something in settings, I am unable to click on the desired...

Discus and support When I use Cortana to search for something in settings, I am unable to click on the desired... in Cortana to solve the problem; Say I want to check my display settings, what I typically do is search "display" in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen where the image and the... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by SantiagoCanon1, Dec 1, 2018.

1. When I use Cortana to search for something in settings, I am unable to click on the desired...

Say I want to check my display settings, what I typically do is search "display" in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen where the image and the box to go to the display settings shows up, like the image below. When I attempt to click in the grey area, nothing happens at all. Instead, I have to click on the settings image and search within the settings search box.

I would like to clarify.

-All my updates are very up to date.

-I have reset my computer.

When I use Cortana to search for something in settings, I am unable to click on the desired... 9fc58e41-cf74-489d-9563-2e46dcc8e8e7?upload=true.jpg

:)

SantiagoCanon1, Dec 1, 2018

2. Search without Cortana

Hi,

The search function on Cortana showing both local and online suggestions is designed to help users to gain full access to all the possible search results. If you're trying to search for a local file without picking up online suggestions, we recommend that
    you use the filter option to refine the search. Here are the steps on how to set the filter:

• Type the word that you're trying to search.
    • Select the appropriate filter for the desired result.

When I use Cortana to search for something in settings, I am unable to click on the desired... 8f635b1a-87cb-478c-89d6-f384502ffef7.png
    • Wait for the list to load and click the desired search result.

Basic searches like, function, settings, and location doesn't require filter. In addition, you can click the drop-down arrow for
    Filters to view other filter type.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Dec 1, 2018
  3. Try0x101 Win User
    Cortana search filter list

I have a lot of space for display content in Cortana search list, and 80% of it not used because Cortana sorting items by types.
    How disable all filters and make visible all suggested content?

When I use Cortana to search for something in settings, I am unable to click on the desired... [​IMG]

Try0x101, Dec 1, 2018
  4. When I use Cortana to search for something in settings, I am unable to click on the desired...

Not getting the Cortana logo on search bar and its showing Cortana isn't supported.

Hello,

I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps listed below and check if it resolves the issue.

Step 1: Make sure that Cortana is enabled

Click on the Taskbar search box, click Settings icon, and then make sure that the option labelled
    Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more
    is turned ON.

Step 2: Time and region.

I suggest you to check for the time and language and region settings for Cortana.

• Open Settings. Select Time& language, and then Region & Language.

• Check the Language (set as default)
      setting for your Windows display language. If your desired language is not available, add your desired language.
    Step 3: Turn on Location

1. Click on Start and select
    Settings, navigate to Privacy >
    Location.

2. On the right-side, under Location, you will see on if the location is enabled for this device.

3. And, if the location for this device is not enabled, please click the Change button, and then move the slider to on position.

Reference:

Why is Cortana not available for me on Windows 10?

Please post back with requested information and status of the issue, we will be glad to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

When I use Cortana to search for something in settings, I am unable to click on the desired...

1. When I use Cortana to search for something in settings, I am unable to click on the desired... - Similar Threads - Cortana search something

2. i am unable to sign in on Cortana even though i am signed in on Windows using my Hotmail...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i am unable to sign in on Cortana even though i am signed in on Windows using my Hotmail...: hii have purchased a new laptop with windows 11 pro, i have logged in using my hotmail account and i cant seem to sign in cortana. The sign in option shows but nothing happens. just stuck on this page...
  3. I am unable to use Cortana

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to use Cortana: um i tried to find some solution on youtube but when i go in cortana i cant speak it shows 'Your organization has turned off voice assistance for Cortana in Windows. You can still get Cortana's help by typing in the text box.' then in one video they said that i go in...
  4. I am unable to use Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am unable to use Cortana: um i tried to find some solution on youtube but when i go in cortana i cant speak it shows 'Your organization has turned off voice assistance for Cortana in Windows. You can still get Cortana's help by typing in the text box.' then in one video they said that i go in...
  5. I am unable to use Cortana

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. evrytime i search something in settings, settings crashes

in Windows 10 Customization
    evrytime i search something in settings, settings crashes: when i try to look for something in windows settings by searching, my settings window just closes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/evrytime-i-search-something-in-settings-settings/3d13d1f8-cfd3-409a-a7d6-fb287b88258f
  7. Cortana Is Not Showing On Taskbar. Even When I Right Click On The Taskbar, Cortana settings...

in Cortana
    Cortana Is Not Showing On Taskbar. Even When I Right Click On The Taskbar, Cortana settings...: Do You See It? Please Help!![ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-is-not-showing-on-taskbar-even-when-i/45b4cb48-de1c-4c3a-a7bc-d0f74dc6b8a5
  8. Cortana is not working as it should work, i try searching something

in Cortana
    Cortana is not working as it should work, i try searching something: Cortana is not working as it should work, i try searching something andCortana doesn't do anything. I need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana/2d5e2b48-6b04-4bc3-bc1b-5e2f5428ef58
  9. Search Bar keeps crashing when I try to type/click something

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search Bar keeps crashing when I try to type/click something: Title says it all, it stays up for like half a second then closes on me, this started happening like maybe 2-3 days ago?? Is anyone else having this issue? After some digging I saw that a lot of people were getting this same problem this week which makes me think it has...
  10. Unable to click Start and Cortana search buttons

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to click Start and Cortana search buttons: Hi, I was hoping I can get some advise here. Previously I posted it on Technet but no one answer. I have just upgraded 50 and more of my users to Windows 10 build 10586, and I realize that some of their search and Windows button are not responding when click. Steps...