Windows 10: When I use Disk Cleanup, I have a folder that is locked. How do i unlock it?

Discus and support When I use Disk Cleanup, I have a folder that is locked. How do i unlock it? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a folder in Disk Cleanup that has 27mb of data I want to delete. It has a "locked" icon on it and is probably why I can't get rid of the 27mb.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by w w_218, Dec 3, 2023.

1. w w_218 Win User

When I use Disk Cleanup, I have a folder that is locked. How do i unlock it?

I have a folder in Disk Cleanup that has 27mb of data I want to delete. It has a "locked" icon on it and is probably why I can't get rid of the 27mb. It's in Temp Internet files. When I try to view files, it says the file is empty, but the cleanup says it has 27mb. The IE cache is locked. How do i unlock it?

:)

w w_218, Dec 3, 2023

2. Folder locked and dissapeared after unlock

Well here's something i found on this:

Lost my files in Folder Lock

But it doesn't work here , i don't have that folder.

Can somebody help me searching for a solution , tnx.

EDIT:

I did that and that's when the folder just disappeared but the data is still there, the program is very confusing about restoring files , it says that "files should become unlocked automatically" ... so where the heck are manual unlocking instructions.

It's not an encrypt , it's just a password lock , so data is all open. The problem is, i would get like 225 GB of individual files off the HDD recovery , i just want the harder way of accessing the folder but getting the folder structure , where can i find the time to SORT 220 GB of data omg.

RuskiSnajper, Dec 3, 2023
  3. DISK CLEANUP

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Which files are you trying to delete using disk clean up?
    2. Which version of Windows are you currently using?

Please reply back with the information to the above questions in order to provide you with appropriate troubleshooting steps:

I understand that you are trying to free up memory using Disk Cleanup. If you are trying to delete files using disk cleanup on Windows 10, I suggest you to refer the following article on

Disk cleanup in Windows 10
    for steps to perform disk clean up on your PC.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Dec 3, 2023
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Files in disk cleanup

Hi Lynne

Rest assured, it is totally safe to delete everything suggested by the Disk Cleanup Process, please tun the Disk Cleanup twice as explained below, please remember to untick your Downloads folder if you actually store files in that folder . . .

Open File Explorer

Click on your hard drive

On the Manage Tab, click Cleanup

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

Start Disk Cleanup again

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

This time in the resulting dialog, click 'Cleanup System Files'

Let Disk Cleanup run another scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

DaveM121, Dec 3, 2023
Thema:

1. When I use Disk Cleanup, I have a folder that is locked. How do i unlock it? - Similar Threads - Disk Cleanup folder

2. When I use Disk Cleanup, I have a folder that is locked. How do i unlock it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I use Disk Cleanup, I have a folder that is locked. How do i unlock it?: I have a folder in Disk Cleanup that has 27mb of data I want to delete. It has a "locked" icon on it and is probably why I can't get rid of the 27mb. It's in Temp Internet files. When I try to view files, it says the file is empty, but the cleanup says it has 27mb. The IE...
  3. When I use Disk Cleanup, I have a folder that is locked. How do i unlock it?

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I use Disk Cleanup, I have a folder that is locked. How do i unlock it?: I have a folder in Disk Cleanup that has 27mb of data I want to delete. It has a "locked" icon on it and is probably why I can't get rid of the 27mb. It's in Temp Internet files. When I try to view files, it says the file is empty, but the cleanup says it has 27mb. The IE...
  4. how do i unlock free folder lock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i unlock free folder lock: i forgot my free folder lock password , how do i unlock https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-unlock-free-folder-lock/5cbe5837-d716-48bc-ac22-7800a1427905
  5. how do i unlock free folder lock

how do i unlock free folder lock: i forgot my free folder lock password , how do i unlock https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-unlock-free-folder-lock/5cbe5837-d716-48bc-ac22-7800a1427905
  6. How do i unlock a computer that i lock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i unlock a computer that i lock: Hello u have a problem i lock my computer and now it won't let me in so how can i unlock it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-unlock-a-computer-that-i-lock/f30be139-75c7-42ea-bac9-9c60a0499f0f
  7. How do i unlock a computer that i lock

How do i unlock a computer that i lock: Hello u have a problem i lock my computer and now it won't let me in so how can i unlock it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-unlock-a-computer-that-i-lock/f30be139-75c7-42ea-bac9-9c60a0499f0f
  8. How do i unlock a computer that i lock

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. The Updater is locked. How do I unlock it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The Updater is locked. How do I unlock it?: Updater is locked by Updater.exe, How do I unlock it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-updater-is-locked-how-do-i-unlock-it/a45e53ec-aa22-4086-b193-cc523179269d
  10. Disk Cleanup is Broken.. How Do I Fix It?

in Windows 10 Support
    Disk Cleanup is Broken.. How Do I Fix It?: Whenever I use disk cleanup, the process takes forever to clean up my drive. How can I fix this? 126425