Windows 10: when i use my remote desktop i am unable to transfer files.. i can see the othe computer...

Discus and support when i use my remote desktop i am unable to transfer files.. i can see the othe computer... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; any advise would be greatly appreciated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RichardN.3, Mar 8, 2019.

1. when i use my remote desktop i am unable to transfer files.. i can see the othe computer...

any advise would be greatly appreciated

:)

RichardN.3, Mar 8, 2019
  2. everest Win User

Remote File transfer ?

A simple solution is RAVE from www.randmsoft.com. I use it to transfer files and put files onto my home PC when I'm in a remote location. I also launch batch files (totally into media centre!). The program has various functionality and is quick to respond. It works on Windows OS.

everest, Mar 8, 2019
  3. wolf2009 Win User
    Remote File transfer ?

What software can i use for remote file transfer between two PCs over the internet ?

Already tried Teamviewer - connection kept breaking on other end. Teamviewer was doing something funny.

Hamachi - created the network, didn't find a way to transfer the files.

wolf2009, Mar 8, 2019
  4. rss81 Win User

when i use my remote desktop i am unable to transfer files.. i can see the othe computer...

transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

when i use my remote desktop i am unable to transfer files.. i can see the othe computer...

1. when i use my remote desktop i am unable to transfer files.. i can see the othe computer... - Similar Threads - remote desktop unable

2. How can I factory reset my computer when I am unable to log in and have corrupted files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I factory reset my computer when I am unable to log in and have corrupted files?: Hi,I tried to troubleshoot why my PC was so slow and in the process, I ended up trying to restart my PC with a lot of different applications not starting up with it. I am now unable to log in with the message "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up...
  3. How can I factory reset my computer when I am unable to log in and have corrupted files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I factory reset my computer when I am unable to log in and have corrupted files?: Hi,I tried to troubleshoot why my PC was so slow and in the process, I ended up trying to restart my PC with a lot of different applications not starting up with it. I am now unable to log in with the message "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up...
  4. Can i use Remote Desktop on Windows 11 Pro to log in remotely to use the computer while my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i use Remote Desktop on Windows 11 Pro to log in remotely to use the computer while my...: Hi, I am trying to understand if I can log via Remote Desktop in to my son's powerful gaming desktop with Windows 11 Pro while he plays games on it. I figured out how to enable Remote Desktop and logged in but it forces the local user to log out/lose control when i log in...
  5. Can i use Remote Desktop on Windows 11 Pro to log in remotely to use the computer while my...

Can i use Remote Desktop on Windows 11 Pro to log in remotely to use the computer while my...: Hi, I am trying to understand if I can log via Remote Desktop in to my son's powerful gaming desktop with Windows 11 Pro while he plays games on it. I figured out how to enable Remote Desktop and logged in but it forces the local user to log out/lose control when i log in...
  6. I can't see the file transferring progress popup when I transfer files to my phone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't see the file transferring progress popup when I transfer files to my phone: I can see the pop-up when I move files within my laptop, just not when I transfer it to my phone. This happened after I had to reset my windows after I lost my bitlocker password. Is there some kind of drivers missing or something like that?...
  7. I can't see the file transferring progress popup when I transfer files to my phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't see the file transferring progress popup when I transfer files to my phone: I can see the pop-up when I move files within my laptop, just not when I transfer it to my phone. This happened after I had to reset my windows after I lost my bitlocker password. Is there some kind of drivers missing or something like that?...
  8. I can't see the file transferring progress popup when I transfer files to my phone

9. Can I use my windows 10 on a newer computer? I am transferring computer parts on new hardware.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I use my windows 10 on a newer computer? I am transferring computer parts on new hardware.: Hello, So, I think my windows 10 cd key is registered on my hotmail account, I am getting a new cpu and motherboard, and switching SSD + HDD parts over for a new computer build and reformating the OS. Will I able to use my windows 10 cd key on my newer computer? or do I have...
  10. I am unable to sign in in my desktop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am unable to sign in in my desktop.: Hello, I have me and my brother as Windows account user in my desktop. I restarted the PC yesterday and after that, there is message coming that the PC is unlock. I tried each sign in option and there was no success. I am attaching the screenshot for that. I searched...