Windows 10: when i use windows search bar it acts like im holding down up

Discus and support when i use windows search bar it acts like im holding down up in Cortana to solve the problem; so when I open the search bar it will act like I'm holding my up key. when i restart my pc it will stop but after I'm dun gaming and I go to tern my pc... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Anthonynorton, Nov 17, 2021.

1. when i use windows search bar it acts like im holding down up

so when I open the search bar it will act like I'm holding my up key. when i restart my pc it will stop but after I'm dun gaming and I go to tern my pc of it just scrolls to the top

:)

Anthonynorton, Nov 17, 2021

2. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 17, 2021
  3. jbailey8 Win User
    HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Nov 17, 2021
  4. when i use windows search bar it acts like im holding down up

How to clear the search record at the search bar on Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience happened. We are glad to help you.

Please share this:

• Which search bar are you referring to?

• Is it the search bar in file explorer or the search bar on desktop (cortana and search)?
    If you are referring to the search bar in file explorer, I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps:
    (to delete a specific entry)

• Open File Explorer.

• Click/tap inside the Search box, then select (highlight) the search suggestion (ex:
      ttt) that you want to delete, and press the Delete key.

• You will not notice that it has been deleted.

• Repeat if you would like to delete another one.

To clear all search entries, follow this:

• Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .bat file below, then
      run it.

Clear_Search_History_in_File_Explorer.bat

2. If prompted, click/tap on Run.

NOTE: If you like, you can stop getting the Run prompt by
    unblocking

the downloaded .bat file

3. You will now notice a command prompt quickly open and close while applying the changes to your registry.

Hope this information helps. Feel free to get back to us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Nov 17, 2021
Thema:

when i use windows search bar it acts like im holding down up

1. when i use windows search bar it acts like im holding down up - Similar Threads - search bar acts

2. when i use windows search bar it acts like im holding down up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i use windows search bar it acts like im holding down up: so when I open the search bar it will act like I'm holding my up key. when i restart my pc it will stop but after I'm dun gaming and I go to tern my pc of it just scrolls to the top...
  3. when i use windows search bar it acts like im holding down up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when i use windows search bar it acts like im holding down up: so when I open the search bar it will act like I'm holding my up key. when i restart my pc it will stop but after I'm dun gaming and I go to tern my pc of it just scrolls to the top...
  4. Search bar acting up

in Cortana
    Search bar acting up: My search bar keeps doing this thing where it glitches randomly as though it's been clicked refer to the image below. It's been about a week since it started and none of the troubleshooting steps have done much to help. Does anybody have any idea why this might be happening?...
  5. xbox game bar question, when i open it it keeps cycling through the windows like im holding...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    xbox game bar question, when i open it it keeps cycling through the windows like im holding...: When I open it, it only happens sometimes, but it keeps running through the windows on it and i cant do anything because anywhere i click its just selecting something else submitted by /u/Trillberg [link] [comments]...
  6. Windows acting like I’m holding keys.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows acting like I’m holding keys.: First, when I’m trying to login, I will type my password and about every three keys my pc acts like I’m holding that key down, even though I’m not and I cannot get into my pc. It also just doesn’t recognize some keys. When I’m in my pc, yesterday when I was able to access it,...
  7. Windows Applications and start menu and file explorer act like im holding down the right...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Applications and start menu and file explorer act like im holding down the right...: Any windows generic software like file explorer or start menu or settings i cant type or select anything because it makes it seem like im holding the right arrow key down at all times. even when i unplug my keyboard. It only happens on windows applications like Microsoft...
  8. Cant use search or taskbar and white boarder selecting everything like im holding tab

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant use search or taskbar and white boarder selecting everything like im holding tab: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/sirgloopinbopin [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f1j5a3/cant_use_search_or_taskbar_and_white_boarder/
  9. My keys randomly act like I am holding down the windows key

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My keys randomly act like I am holding down the windows key: Every once in a while it acts like I'm holding down the windows key and so when I'm playing games and use W to move forward it tabs out and the only way I have been able to fix this is by fully shutting down and rebooting. I cannot recreate it so I can't call support. It...
  10. My computer acts like I'm holding down the down arrow key.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer acts like I'm holding down the down arrow key.: Ok, so just yesterday my computer started acting like I was holding the down the down arrow key. I naturally thought this was just a faulty keyboard problem, so I unplugged my keyboard, and it still did it. I tried turning sticky keys, it was already off. I don't no if I need...