Windows 10: when I wake up from sleep the log in screen appears

Discus and support when I wake up from sleep the log in screen appears in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; when I wake up from sleep the log in screen appears. How do I stop it and go directly to desk top... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by prepaint, Dec 7, 2018.

1. prepaint Win User

when I wake up from sleep the log in screen appears

when I wake up from sleep the log in screen appears. How do I stop it and go directly to desk top

:)

prepaint, Dec 7, 2018

2. Windows 10 blue screens after waking from sleep.

Steps to that cause this problem:

• Allowing windows to sleep.
    • Waking once, logging in.
    • Allowing it to sleep once more.
    • Wait for some time like 2 hours.
    • Try to login again.
    After all these steps my laptop Dell Vostro 3546, stops responding on the login screen, no inputs will be taken and then Blue screens by saying Critical_Store_Exception. I have collected some crash dumps and posted it here: CrashDumps.

Blue Screen View says that the BSOD happened because of something went wrong with the ntoskrnl.exe, address ntoskrnl+142760, file version of ntoskrnl.exe is "10.0.10586.306 (th2_release_sec.160422-1850)".

Aniruddha S Prasad, Dec 7, 2018
  3. Screens black after waking machine from sleep

Hi Anthony,

Does it only happen when waking up the computer from sleep?

To check for possible causes of this issue, we suggest you to run Power Troubleshooter. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshooting.
    • On the left side, click View all.
    • Click Power.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    If the issue still persists, you may update the Chipset driver from the device manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, Dec 7, 2018
  4. when I wake up from sleep the log in screen appears

wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

when I wake up from sleep the log in screen appears

1. when I wake up from sleep the log in screen appears - Similar Threads - wake sleep log

2. Blue Screen when waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen when waking up from sleep: Hello,I've had a few BSODs since putting together my new PC. Most of the time, they happen when the PC wakes up from sleep mode. However, it has happened at least once due to a game freezing. The only stop code I've seen is "PFN_LIST_CORRUPT." I have run both a storage and...
  3. Blue Screen when waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen when waking up from sleep: Hello,I've had a few BSODs since putting together my new PC. Most of the time, they happen when the PC wakes up from sleep mode. However, it has happened at least once due to a game freezing. The only stop code I've seen is "PFN_LIST_CORRUPT." I have run both a storage and...
  4. Blue Screen when waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen when waking up from sleep: Hi, I often but not always get a BSOD when my PC wakes up from sleeping mode. Most of the time the code is "unexpected store exception," but sometimes I get other codes. Any other ideas? Thanks and Regards,...
  5. Blue Screen when waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen when waking up from sleep: Hi, I often but not always get a BSOD when my PC wakes up from sleeping mode. Most of the time the code is "unexpected store exception," but sometimes I get other codes. Any other ideas? Thanks and Regards,...
  6. Blue Screen when waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Blue Screen when waking up from sleep or hibernate

Blue Screen when waking up from sleep or hibernate: I often but not always get a BSOD when my Dell laptop wakes up from sleeping or hibernation. One of the codes is "unexpected store exception," but sometimes I get other codes. I saw a recommendation was to try to roll back my graphics driver, but when I went to the device...
  8. Blue screen when waking up from sleep

Blue screen when waking up from sleep: I put my computer to sleep and went off to do some work. Firefox and Jetbrains PyCharm were active before putting it to sleep. When I came back and opened the lid, rather than showing me the lock screen, it showed me the dell screen indicating it had restarted. The...
  9. Login screen appears when computer wakes up from sleep. How do I stop this?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Login screen appears when computer wakes up from sleep. How do I stop this?: when I wake up from sleep the log in screen appears. How do I stop it and go directly to desk top * Original title: Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-screen-appears-when-computer-wakes-up-from/57722a26-926f-4565-86d6-44d768896351
  10. BSOD when waking up from sleep

BSOD when waking up from sleep: So, I was having this problem for awhile now and the BSOD when waking up was "kernel_data_inpage_error" but kept freezing on 0% to create minidumps, I was unable to get those. Today was a different error "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" and was able to get one minidump from it. I...