Windows 10: When I want to open a software, why does the system say "Call DLL failed"

Discus and support When I want to open a software, why does the system say "Call DLL failed" in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have re-downloaded the software several times, but it still shows this message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mark Lee5, May 24, 2024.

1. Mark Lee5 Win User

When I want to open a software, why does the system say "Call DLL failed"

I have re-downloaded the software several times, but it still shows this message

:)

Mark Lee5, May 24, 2024
  2. David Haz Win User

MSVCP100.dll and MSVCP100.dll missing

Hello,

May we know if you have made any software changes to your device prior to the missing DLL files?

As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the System File Checker tool and see if it helps with the issue. System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted
    files. If a Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

To run the System File Checker tool, you may follow the steps below:

• Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, click Start, type
      Command Prompt or cmd, then right-click it, and click
      Run as administrator.
    • At the command prompt, type the following command, and press Enter:
      • sfc /scannow
    • After the process is finished, you may receive the results of the scan, if it found any corruptions within your device.

We look forward to an update from you.

Regards.

David Haz, May 24, 2024
  3. DLL Missing

The problem is, that the required DLL is not actually even listed there.
    There are just dozens of download adware links from the top to the bottom.

TairikuOkami, May 24, 2024
  4. When I want to open a software, why does the system say "Call DLL failed"

WinRing0.dll missing. Installing realtemp issue?

Hi Shane,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

You may get WinRing0.dll error message when you are trying to run or install some applications. This kind of error can happen when Windows or software starts or shuts down, or maybe when you are using the computer or software.

WinRing0.dll error may be caused by the following situations:

• WinRing0.dll file may be mistakenly deleted by someone, computer antivirus or system cleaning tools.
    • WinRing0.dll file is corrupted or damaged by virus infections.
    • Some applications were installed or uninstalled improperly.
    • The configuration entries of WinRing0.dll file is still active in the systemregistry.
    • There may be something wrong with your computer hardware.

Let's try the below steps and check if it helps to repair the WinRing0.dll files on your system:

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest Windows updates and check if it helps.

Step 2: Run SFC Scan.

What is SFC (System File Checker)?

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the steps given in the below article to perform SFC scan:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833?ppud=4&wa=wsignin1.0

Note: Steps applies to Windows 10 as well.

Step 3: I would suggest you to run
    Microsoft Safety Scanner
    which will help you to remove virus from your system.

Microsoft Safety Scanner removes virus or malware which is present in your system and might be causing harm to your system.

To run Microsoft Safety scanner follow the below link:

Page not found

Try the above steps and let us know if it helps. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, May 24, 2024
Thema:

When I want to open a software, why does the system say "Call DLL failed"

1. When I want to open a software, why does the system say "Call DLL failed" - Similar Threads - open software why

2. When I want to open a software, why does the system say "Call DLL failed"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I want to open a software, why does the system say "Call DLL failed": I have re-downloaded the software several times, but it still shows this message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-want-to-open-a-software-why-does-the-system/94013d0c-00e6-4fa7-8a19-be4785e32400
  3. When I want to open a software, why does the system say "Call DLL failed"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When I want to open a software, why does the system say "Call DLL failed": I have re-downloaded the software several times, but it still shows this message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-want-to-open-a-software-why-does-the-system/94013d0c-00e6-4fa7-8a19-be4785e32400
  4. Why does my created task RUN when manually called for but when automated it says, "request...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my created task RUN when manually called for but when automated it says, "request...: I have created a task on my Windows 10 PC which is up to date as of 11/24/2021It's for running FreeFileSync every 30 minutes. It will run successfully when run from FreeFileSync and also when RUN manually from Task Scheduler but does not run when the next time the task...
  5. Microsoft support India does NOT call back when they say they will. Why lie ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft support India does NOT call back when they say they will. Why lie ?: Why does MS lie about support call backs? Why does MS not give a SH*T about customer support? Why does MS use SUB-standard tech support personel located in a foriegn country? Why does MS separate support for people from support for businesses? Why does MS have 80% of the...
  6. Why does Windows call a folder "Documents" when it is not a system folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does Windows call a folder "Documents" when it is not a system folder?: I keep my personal files in my own folders because over time the programs I use have a nasty habit of adding their folders wherever they like. So I created a folder on my D: drive called "D:MyDocs" where I store all my personal files. It makes it easier to find things and to...
  7. Should I use software called DLL-Files Fixer ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Should I use software called DLL-Files Fixer ?: My brother run this software and this have “scan registry” feature and when he did it , it found 120+ registry errors .. wow what’s that ? And this tool also have repair function for these so called errors . He told me that I should use this software and scan monthly ....
  8. DOES MICROSOFT CALL PEOPLE AND SAY THEY WANT TO REFUND THE CUSTOMER MONEY

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    DOES MICROSOFT CALL PEOPLE AND SAY THEY WANT TO REFUND THE CUSTOMER MONEY: EARLIER IN JAN. A PERSON CALLED AND SAID THEY NEEDED TO REFUND MONEY TO ME , SOMETHING ABOUT LICENCE =--IT GOT REALLY CONFUSING BECAUSE THEY WANTED MY CARD NUMBERS SO THEY COULD TRANSFER MONEY. WANTED ME TO GO ON LINE AND ALL KIND OF CRAZY STUFF--TOO MUCH TO TYPE ABOUT....
  9. Why does Win 10 say update failed but then say system is up-to-date

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why does Win 10 say update failed but then say system is up-to-date: Various computers (Win 10 Home and Pro, all 64 bit) have had updates that failed but then the system claims the system is up-to-date. Sometimes in days, sometimes in weeks, the system finally agrees with itself and performs the update. I have never been able to force them...
  10. The Remote Procedure Call Failed when opening video

in Windows 10 Support
    The Remote Procedure Call Failed when opening video: Hi i've looked around and can't seem to find any help on the remote procedure call failure when opening video. I have tried some of the fixes that people have used when opening pictures and that hasn't seemed to work. Changing the default app to open it with hasn't worked....