Windows 10: When i'm click the Copilot button on the taskbar or press Win + C, Copilot does not open.

Discus and support When i'm click the Copilot button on the taskbar or press Win + C, Copilot does not open. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I tried registry editor HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsCopilot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NikitaKuznetsov555, Mar 4, 2024.

1. When i'm click the Copilot button on the taskbar or press Win + C, Copilot does not open.

I tried registry editor HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsCopilot HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced I tried hiding the icon and turning it on again, updated the drivers and Windows 11it stopped opening on March 2nd

:)

NikitaKuznetsov555, Mar 4, 2024

2. Clicking on Copilot taskbar button or pressing Win + C does not open Copilot

I am using Dev build 23606 with the newest Edge version and I have the copilot feature. However, clicking the copilot icon on the taskbar does not open copilot. The copilot pane that should appear on the right side of the screen does not appear. This problem occurred after I installed Build 23595. At first Copilot is working but after I opened and closed it a few times, the next time I tried to open it, Copilot does not open. The button responds by coloring its background white but the Copilot pane does not open. I've tried the following but copilot is still not working:

-Using the run dialogue to open microsoft-edge://?ux=copilot&tcp=1&source=taskbar

-Restarting

-Resetting Microsoft Edge settings and then restarting

-Toggling the Copilot taskbar button on and then off in Settings -> Personalization -> Taskbar

William_Xu202, Mar 4, 2024
  3. Arif AJ Win User
    Why isn’t copilot button working

Dear William,

Thank you so much for your reply!

I apologize for the late response and regret to hear that the Copilot button is still unresponsive. Please try the steps below:

- Press Windows key + R to open the Run box.

- Enter microsoft-edge://?ux=copilot&tcp=1&source=taskbar and press Enter to open the Copilot pane.

- If the Copilot pane opens, click the Copilot button to check functionality.

- If Copilot doesn't open, reset Microsoft Edge settings:

a. Open Edge, click three dots in the top right.

b. Go to Settings and click Reset Settings.

- Restart your computer and test if the Copilot button works as expected.

Warm Regards,

Arif

Arif AJ, Mar 4, 2024
  4. When i'm click the Copilot button on the taskbar or press Win + C, Copilot does not open.

Why isn’t copilot button working

I've tried everything you suggested but the Copilot button is still not responding. This issue started to occur after I installed the update Build 23601 and opened and closed the copilot pane a few times. (After installing the update Copilot is working but after using copilot a few times it stopped opening.) Also, there is no Copilot task in the task manager, just a "Microsoft Edge Copilot pane renderer." I closed that task, and after clicking on the Copilot button again, the task does not reappear.

William_Xu202, Mar 4, 2024
Thema:

When i'm click the Copilot button on the taskbar or press Win + C, Copilot does not open.

1. When i'm click the Copilot button on the taskbar or press Win + C, Copilot does not open. - Similar Threads - i'm click Copilot

2. When i'm click the Copilot button on the taskbar or press Win + C, Copilot does not open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i'm click the Copilot button on the taskbar or press Win + C, Copilot does not open.: I tried registry editor HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsCopilot HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced I tried hiding the icon and turning it on again, updated the drivers and Windows 11it stopped opening on...
  3. Copilot on Taskbar disappears

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copilot on Taskbar disappears: Copilot on the Taskbar has disappeared. Is there a way to get the Copilot preview back pinned to the Taskbar as before? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copilot-on-taskbar-disappears/9ba2d174-0283-4717-9596-8abf070cbb70
  4. Copilot on Taskbar disappears

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copilot on Taskbar disappears: Copilot on the Taskbar has disappeared. Is there a way to get the Copilot preview back pinned to the Taskbar as before? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copilot-on-taskbar-disappears/9ba2d174-0283-4717-9596-8abf070cbb70
  5. Copilot button just opens Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copilot button just opens Edge: When I make any modification to the Environment Variables it breaks my Copilot – Copilot button will just open Edge.Firstly it happened to me when I was cleaning Path files from pyenv and Python, when I reinstalled Python back, the behaviour was still same. I reverted changes...
  6. Copilot button just opens Edge

Copilot button just opens Edge: When I make any modification to the Environment Variables it breaks my Copilot – Copilot button will just open Edge.Firstly it happened to me when I was cleaning Path files from pyenv and Python, when I reinstalled Python back, the behaviour was still same. I reverted changes...
  7. Clicking on Copilot taskbar button or pressing Win + C does not open Copilot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clicking on Copilot taskbar button or pressing Win + C does not open Copilot: I am using Dev build 23606 and I have the copilot feature. However, clicking the copilot icon on the taskbar does not open copilot. The copilot pane that should appear on the right side of the screen does not appear. I've tried the following:-Using the run dialogue to open...
  8. Clicking on Copilot taskbar button or pressing Win + C does not open Copilot

Clicking on Copilot taskbar button or pressing Win + C does not open Copilot: I am using Dev build 23606 and I have the copilot feature. However, clicking the copilot icon on the taskbar does not open copilot. The copilot pane that should appear on the right side of the screen does not appear. I've tried the following:-Using the run dialogue to open...
  9. Taskbar Disappears After Copilot is Opened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Disappears After Copilot is Opened: Whenever I click the Copilot icon in the taskbar, after Copilot opens my taskbar disappears. The easiest way for me to fix that is to go into the Taskbar Settings and into its behavior section and toggle the auto-hide taskbar on and off. I always have auto-hide set to off but...
  10. Taskbar Disappears After Copilot is Opened

Taskbar Disappears After Copilot is Opened: Whenever I click the Copilot icon in the taskbar, after Copilot opens my taskbar disappears. The easiest way for me to fix that is to go into the Taskbar Settings and into its behavior section and toggle the auto-hide taskbar on and off. I always have auto-hide set to off but...