Windows 10: when i'm reading a page it scrolls to the bottom of the page without me moving anything

Discus and support when i'm reading a page it scrolls to the bottom of the page without me moving anything in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Dell Laptop Latitude E7450. Windows Pro 10 - Version 1903 When I'm reading a page, quite often is scrolls to the bottom of the page without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by VICKIE LEEHENN, Sep 13, 2020.

1. when i'm reading a page it scrolls to the bottom of the page without me moving anything

I have a Dell Laptop Latitude E7450. Windows Pro 10 - Version 1903

When I'm reading a page, quite often is scrolls to the bottom of the page without me moving anything.

I try to stop it from scrolling by moving the pointer back up to the top, but it keeps going to the bottom of the page. Also my pointer freezes quite often when this happens.

How do I get it to stop?

Vickie H

:)

VICKIE LEEHENN, Sep 13, 2020
  2. UBCEric Win User

Trying to scroll one page at a time with Word 2010

I have the same need except in the word application itself (not on a mobile device). If I can suggest anything to Microsoft: have a look at how Adobe fits the page then allows for advancing to the next page (there are no transition cues like with word where
    the page moves at the same time as the scroll bar).

A suggestion has been to use the double-arrow buttons below the scroll bar. This is an awfully congested tool because it includes many weird options (like scroll by graphic?) But it fails at scrolling by page. It just doesn't work! You still see your page
    partially concealed. It has no sense of the documents height/width.

UBCEric, Sep 13, 2020
  3. pages scrolling on own

Thanks for the response. The automatic scrolling seems to occur only on pages with long script.

Not often, nor annoying, enough for me to attempt corrections of which I know absolutely nothing. I'll live with it At least until I have more patience. Thanks again for your reply

klaro 1590, Sep 13, 2020
  4. Donna Men Win User

when i'm reading a page it scrolls to the bottom of the page without me moving anything

pages scrolling on own

Hi klaro 1590,

It is possible that pages scroll on its own due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• What is your device make and model?
    • What was the version of update you recently install?
    • Does the issue occur on all other programs and browsers?
    • Were you able to update your drivers? You can follow the steps on this
      link
      on how to.

Looking forward to your response.

Donna Men, Sep 13, 2020
Thema:

when i'm reading a page it scrolls to the bottom of the page without me moving anything

1. when i'm reading a page it scrolls to the bottom of the page without me moving anything - Similar Threads - i'm reading page

2. is it possible to get windows 11 to read to me what's on the page that I'm viewing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is it possible to get windows 11 to read to me what's on the page that I'm viewing: Is it possible to get windows to read what's on the page I am viewing if so how https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-get-windows-11-to-read-to-me/e5134d5d-762b-4ffe-a864-25a4aafa76c0
  3. Page reduces in size when I'm just trying to scroll down and read.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Page reduces in size when I'm just trying to scroll down and read.: When scrolling with two fingers, using touchpad on new win 11 laptop, the page folds down to the bottom on its own when I don't want it to reduce itself. How to stop this from happening? I'm wanting to read the page and scroll down while reading, and the page sometimes goes...
  4. Page reduces in size when I'm just trying to scroll down and read.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Page reduces in size when I'm just trying to scroll down and read.: When scrolling with two fingers, using touchpad on new win 11 laptop, the page folds down to the bottom on its own when I don't want it to reduce itself. How to stop this from happening? I'm wanting to read the page and scroll down while reading, and the page sometimes goes...
  5. Auto Scroll to bottom of page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto Scroll to bottom of page: Recently my computer has been scrolling to he bottom/end of the page when I am in Excel, pdf viewer, and windows settings. It does not do it on word or webpages. I have tried the mouse settings, new mouse, page lock..Seems to be a windows issue....
  6. Why is the cursor moving to the bottom of page automatically

Why is the cursor moving to the bottom of page automatically: The moment I open widows, it flies to the bottom. Why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-the-cursor-moving-to-the-bottom-of-page/e5721712-1245-4d79-a1e5-5746bc9170ab
  7. Unable to scroll down to bottom of page

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to scroll down to bottom of page: I recently have been unable to scroll all the way down on pages. For instance, on a Reddit page of comments I get close to the bottom but can't get down far enough to click on the "back to top" bar. Also happens with email, when trying to forward I can't get down to the...
  8. display drops to bottom of page and unable to scroll back to top

display drops to bottom of page and unable to scroll back to top: Upgraded from windows 7 to 10 64bit and developed an display issue. No matter what is being displayed on laptop it will randomly drop to bottom of page or article and am unable to return to the top. Also sleep mode will not activate after designated time. Can reset with...
  9. Always move to the top or bottom of the pages

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Always move to the top or bottom of the pages: I have a problem with my PC which runs Windows 10. Here are some errors of them, Even now I can't type properly in this text box the cursor always move to the top left corner In any browser the web pages scroll to the top or bottom of it always In MS OFFICE and other...
  10. Moving between pages without a mouse

Moving between pages without a mouse: I cannot figure out how to return to the previous page without a mouse. I use a laptop running Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-between-pages-without-a-mouse/b439515a-ba07-4d09-92c3-6b72ca6b0449