Windows 10: When im trying to install Windows on a usb, i cant find the disk i want to install it on.

Discus and support When im trying to install Windows on a usb, i cant find the disk i want to install it on. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So i just got a new ssd and i have ha some problems with it. I got help and now it shows up in windows. Its a WD black sn850x 1tb m.2 nvme ssd, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ådne skjolsvold, Jan 28, 2023.

1. When im trying to install Windows on a usb, i cant find the disk i want to install it on.

So i just got a new ssd and i have ha some problems with it. I got help and now it shows up in windows. Its a WD black sn850x 1tb m.2 nvme ssd, but when i go into bios and in nvme configuration it says that no nvme disks are detected. And then i tried to dwonload windows on my new ssd, but when im at the part where im gonna choose the disk i want it downloaded on, i cant find my new ssd.

:)

Ådne skjolsvold, Jan 28, 2023
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jan 28, 2023
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 28, 2023
  4. DaveK Win User

When im trying to install Windows on a usb, i cant find the disk i want to install it on.

Installing Windows 7 via USB flash drive!

Yeah great guide worked for me, I need to install Win 7 on a new build that I'm doing for someone, will be just my luck the mobo won't let me boot from USB *Roll Eyes When im trying to install Windows on a usb, i cant find the disk i want to install it on. :rolleyes:

Yeah some of the installation steps are done in just a second, I was intalling it left the room for 10 minutes came back to check on it to find it at the start screen lol, it installed and rebooted back to the USB, wasn't expecting it to be done so fast.

DaveK, Jan 28, 2023
Thema:

When im trying to install Windows on a usb, i cant find the disk i want to install it on.

1. When im trying to install Windows on a usb, i cant find the disk i want to install it on. - Similar Threads - trying install usb

2. im trying to install windows 11 but i cant

in Windows 10 Gaming
    im trying to install windows 11 but i cant: Im trying to install windows but there is a error saying that i can't install windows 11 in the flash usb; im using the windows 11 update assistant...
  3. im trying to install windows 11 but i cant

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    im trying to install windows 11 but i cant: Im trying to install windows but there is a error saying that i can't install windows 11 in the flash usb; im using the windows 11 update assistant...
  4. I cant find my installed apps???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant find my installed apps???: I have apps installed on my pc which is windows 11 but when i search it in the search tab its not there at all my apps in task manager and startup apps are missing too which is frustrating since i cant disable it is there anyway to fix this???...
  5. I cant find my installed apps???

I cant find my installed apps???: I have apps installed on my pc which is windows 11 but when i search it in the search tab its not there at all my apps in task manager and startup apps are missing too which is frustrating since i cant disable it is there anyway to fix this???...
  6. When im trying to install Windows on a usb, i cant find the disk i want to install it on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When im trying to install Windows on a usb, i cant find the disk i want to install it on.: So i just got a new ssd and i have ha some problems with it. I got help and now it shows up in windows. Its a WD black sn850x 1tb m.2 nvme ssd, but when i go into bios and in nvme configuration it says that no nvme disks are detected. And then i tried to dwonload windows on...
  7. im trying to install windows 8 but cant find a iso Anyware

im trying to install windows 8 but cant find a iso Anyware: if you're wondering why i need windows 8 it's because my laptop had windows 8 but i upgraded it to windows 8.1 and my laptop didn't like it and crashed a lot so I'm trying to downgrade it back...
  8. im trying to install windows 8 but cant find a iso Anyware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    im trying to install windows 8 but cant find a iso Anyware: if you're wondering why i need windows 8 it's because my laptop had windows 8 but i upgraded it to windows 8.1 and my laptop didn't like it and crashed a lot so I'm trying to downgrade it back...
  9. Im trying to install something called JJsploit and i cant

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Im trying to install something called JJsploit and i cant: How do i fix this its really important!!!![ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-trying-to-install-something-called-jjsploit-and/095964fb-31b4-45c8-8a7a-a5e04342f1d6
  10. cant find usb in boot mode trying to install windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cant find usb in boot mode trying to install windows 10: hi i cant find my usb in the boot menu . maybe i need to change somthing in the settings ? ? this is my menu [IMG]...